• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaka Smart to Marquette?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Diamond Stone a 2015? Have you seen both he and Zimmerman (out of Vegas and ranked #1 C by ESPN) play? I was not impressed by Zimmerman when I saw him, although I have heard he is very good from many people

Stone is a real talent. He has been underwhelming at times and sometimes has that "demeanor" of frusteration but by all means the kid is a stud and someone that can change a program.

Before this whole coaching situation started up all indications were that Marquette was the front runner. And he is great friends with guys like Duane Wilson who because of his injury will only be a sophomore when Diamond comes in. Making more enticing.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Diamond Stone a 2015? Have you seen both he and Zimmerman (out of Vegas and ranked #1 C by ESPN) play? I was not impressed by Zimmerman when I saw him, although I have heard he is very good from many people

Yes, Stone is a 2015 recruit. He has won three consecutive state championships and will be going for four next year. The kid looks good. It's something Marquette has been missing for a long long time. I watched Stone play last year with Duane Wilson and also his last two tournament games this year. In one of the games he had 28 points , 12 rebounds, 8 blocks and 8 steals. The champion game was similar stats too but not with the steals. He plays in a small division but never the less you can see the physical talent. It was a man amongst boys no doubt. Crystal Ball right now has something like 8 writers having him pick Marquette, 3 North Carolina and 1 Wisconsin.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Stone is a 2015 recruit. He has won three consecutive state championships and will be going for four next year. The kid looks good. It's something Marquette has been missing for a long long time. I watched Stone play last year with Duane Wilson and also his last two tournament games this year. In one of the games he had 28 points , 12 rebounds, 8 blocks and 8 steals. The champion game was similar stats too but not with the steals. He plays in a small division but never the less you can see the physical talent. It was a man amongst boys no doubt. Crystal Ball right now has something like 8 writers having him pick Marquette, 3 North Carolina and 1 Wisconsin.

It will be interesting to see, if you get Shaka for sure, how he is able to recruit elite talent. His style is not for everyone, and there is no guarantee that a big-time recruit would rather play in the less structured atmosphere than that of a blue-blood such as Kansas/Kentucky/UNC/Duke where the offense and defense is more NBA-like. Not sure if that's a concern as I have never even thought about it until this moment, but I'd have to be wondering that if I was a Marquette fan

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see, if you get Shaka for sure, how he is able to recruit elite talent. His style is not for everyone, and there is no guarantee that a big-time recruit would rather play in the less structured atmosphere than that of a blue-blood such as Kansas/Kentucky/UNC/Duke where the offense and defense is more NBA-like. Not sure if that's a concern as I have never even thought about it until this moment, but I'd have to be wondering that if I was a Marquette fan

Shaka has had good success with big men who can do a little bit of everything so I think Stone should be pretty enticed.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know that Stone at one time stated something to the fact that he would like to stay in state. He was team mates with 4 star red shirt Duane Wilson for Marquette and the two played together at Domican High School in Wisconsin. I just know most had him going to Marquette but until they sign the letter of intent it's all speculation. As far as style of play and coaches who knows. I just hope the Shaka thing is true and Stone goes Marquette. Don't care about the rest of the small details.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of everything.. good coaches adapt to the talent or they are probably not real good coaches. Like that Field of Dreams movie line.. build it and they will come.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big thing about Shaka is that his HAVOC defense is the absolute perfect possible fit for what our current roster looks like for next year.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shock and awe. God I hope this is true.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised he would go to Marquette, seems strange he would hold out so long, and go to a good program rather than a great program.

Again, and this has been said several times throughout the thread - he's from Wisconsin (Madison area), and grew up an hour or so away from the Marquette campus.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His havoc defense would be perfect for the Big 10..

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette also spends the second most money on their program. If anything, Buzz was underpaid. Their school takes a ton of pride in their program and desperately want to remain relevant. I don't think anyone would be stunned if they gave a $3 Million per year offer.

And Diamond Stone's gonna be a Badger. I don't care what the experts say. He's seen at least five Badger games this year. You don't do that for a team if you aren't seriously considering playing for them.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquette also spends the second most money on their program. If anything, Buzz was underpaid. Their school takes a ton of pride in their program and desperately want to remain relevant. I don't think anyone would be stunned if they gave a $3 Million per year offer.

And Diamond Stone's gonna be a Badger. I don't care what the experts say. He's seen at least five Badger games this year. You don't do that for a team if you aren't seriously considering playing for them.

Vander Blue was going to Madtown too, but then he didn't. I like Madtown, I love Marquette.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why Shaka Smart would go from one mid-major to another school that's going to be a mid-major.

I don't know if Smart's Havoc style of basketball can consistently thrive in a major conference, but I don't know why he'd leave VCU.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Marquette and the Big East are now a mid major?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of hell at Arkansas.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Marquette and the Big East are now a mid major?

They essentially are a mid major with a TV contract. There's a reason why the FBS football programs in the Big East all left. Everything in college sports is driven by football. Would you call the new look Big East an elite conference?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly an announcement is coming in 5 minutes lol.

We'll see what it's all about.