• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously, Dave Pasch deserves a medal

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for having to call games with Walton all year. He must be on someone's shitlist to have to work games with Walton every week. Saw what you want about liking Walton, to have to call 15+ games with him night in and night out, Jesus. That takes intestinal fortitude to have to keep babysitting him and dealing with him being able to say whatever the fuck he wants, and you be responsible for keeping the conversation on the game.

He's a better man than I.

Dave Pasch, thank you for your service to CBB.

:burt:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so overshadowed by Bill's nonsense that it's hard to notice how good of a broadcaster he is, because I actually enjoy listening to what he has to say for the most part.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. But I guarantee whoever is the play by play guy with Bob Knight has it worse.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't put Walton and Dickey V. togeather. That's some end of the world shit right there.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Bob Knight is worse than Walton. Pasch and Walton are perfect together and I think Pasch actually likes working with him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. But I guarantee whoever is the play by play guy with Bob Knight has it worse.

My favorite Bobby Knight quote as a commentator:

"There's two ways to win a basketball game."

"Score more than the other team."

"Or hold the other team to less points than your team."

That night, I left with a much better understanding of basketball. That's serious commentating right there.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of a game on press knight said something like

"They can press man to man with a guy in the inbound, bit what's really interesting is that they can take the guy off the inbound player to double team another man"

That's fine that he said that, but he said it too early in the timeout, ran out of shit too say and went on to say the SAME thing 3 more times!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton/Pasch are literally the greatest team of all time. If you are hoping to learn about the game of basketball from Bill Walton, your expectations are much too high. If you are looking to be more entertained than during any other broadcast and to literally laugh out loud at the ridiculous statements Walton makes (and the hilarious banter that always follows from Pasch) then you are going to have a blast even if you don't care for the two teams playing.

One of my favorite Waltonisms that we hear consistently is "the greatest ____ in the history of the pac-12" whether it be play, shot, block, 30 second stretch of basketball...it's always hilarious.

Richard Solomon had like 4 pts and 2 rebounds the first 5 minutes of the Arizona Cal game and Walton said "Solomon playing the best game of his career" hahahaha

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton/Pasch are literally the greatest team of all time. If you are hoping to learn about the game of basketball from Bill Walton, your expectations are much too high. If you are looking to be more entertained than during any other broadcast and to literally laugh out loud at the ridiculous statements Walton makes (and the hilarious banter that always follows from Pasch) then you are going to have a blast even if you don't care for the two teams playing.

One of my favorite Waltonisms that we hear consistently is "the greatest ____ in the history of the pac-12" whether it be play, shot, block, 30 second stretch of basketball...it's always hilarious.

Richard Solomon had like 4 pts and 2 rebounds the first 5 minutes of the Arizona Cal game and Walton said "Solomon playing the best game of his career" hahahaha

I don't recall listening to Bill Walton but read people ragging on him all the time. I'll have to make it a point to pay attention.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall listening to Bill Walton but read people ragging on him all the time. I'll have to make it a point to pay attention.

I like Bill Walton because he knows the game and is brutally honest and that is probably what upsets folks the most. If, in his opinion, a player is playing poorly, especially playing lazy, he will let you know. Doubt if Walton will make a good politician.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to zone out when Walton is "analyzing" a game. I didn't mind Walton when he was doing NBA on NBC broadcasts when I was a kid, but he's gotten progressively more belligerent as the years have gone by.

Part of my issue is I'm not necessarily looking for entertainment value from the broadcasters, that's why I'm watching the basketball game, I just want my announcer/analyst team to tie the game together and have moderately interesting banter on occasion.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bill Walton because he knows the game and is brutally honest and that is probably what upsets folks the most. If, in his opinion, a player is playing poorly, especially playing lazy, he will let you know. Doubt if Walton will make a good politician.

Man....you're gonna hear it from the west coast on that one. I don't think anyone out there likes him.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to zone out when Walton is "analyzing" a game. I didn't mind Walton when he was doing NBA on NBC broadcasts when I was a kid, but he's gotten progressively more belligerent as the years have gone by.

Part of my issue is I'm not necessarily looking for entertainment value from the broadcasters, that's why I'm watching the basketball game, I just want my announcer/analyst team to tie the game together and have moderately interesting banter on occasion.

the problem is that almost every announcer that "tries" to analyze the game is catering toward an audience that knows nothing about basketball. Others might be ok with this, but I can just as easily watch a game on mute and have it be more enjoyable than if I am listening to most of the garbage announcers these networks toss at us.

I wonder every time I hear Dan Dakich open his mouth how he ever got to coach a college team, let alone his son's 6th grade CYO basketball team. I become instantly dumber if I try to take what he says about basketball as learning material.

I know not everyone has watched enough basketball in their life so that they don't need the announcers, but I am to that point which is why Walton is so enjoyable. I mostly zone him out but hear enough crazy shit to laugh at least 10 times each game

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for the record bill walton might know the game, but he has not once in his life been able to actually get a sane point across about the game of basketball. How anybody could watch his broadcast and learn something about basketball is beyond me.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton after last year's pac-12 tourney

" This event this week has been one of the greatest things I’ve ever participated in my whole life! It went over the top today, because at the MGM Grand, they had a pool party this afternoon. Oh my gosh! The bands were there! The bikinis were out in full force! It was absolutely remarkable! "

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton after last year's pac-12 tourney

" This event this week has been one of the greatest things I’ve ever participated in my whole life! It went over the top today, because at the MGM Grand, they had a pool party this afternoon. Oh my gosh! The bands were there! The bikinis were out in full force! It was absolutely remarkable! "

What's the problem? He seams focused on the important issues. :nod: Any time you combine bands, bikinis, pool and remarkable all in one sentence.....you've sold the vacumn.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is that almost every announcer that "tries" to analyze the game is catering toward an audience that knows nothing about basketball. Others might be ok with this, but I can just as easily watch a game on mute and have it be more enjoyable than if I am listening to most of the garbage announcers these networks toss at us.

I wonder every time I hear Dan Dakich open his mouth how he ever got to coach a college team, let alone his son's 6th grade CYO basketball team. I become instantly dumber if I try to take what he says about basketball as learning material.

I know not everyone has watched enough basketball in their life so that they don't need the announcers, but I am to that point which is why Walton is so enjoyable. I mostly zone him out but hear enough crazy shit to laugh at least 10 times each game

I see that point. Maybe it's a generational thing, so many of Walton's references were relevant before I was born. I much prefer having conversations with my friends during games.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man....you're gonna hear it from the west coast on that one. I don't think anyone out there likes him.

That's on them as he was a great basketball player. Haven't seen anyone on here state who has great knowledge with the ability to convey that knowledge.....other than themselves, of course. LOL. The hypocrisy and arrogance on this board is laughable.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to toke it up with Walton some time. :smokin: