• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semin

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the kicker right.. this has been the season of over paying, if Lou does sign him it better be to a shorter term and under 5 per

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
....especially on a team that scores a ton and puts you only on offensive lines that face checking lines that do not score often, obviously.

Seriously, +/- for any player is useless, but it is especially useless for forwards.

A lot of teams now match power against power.

Second if you would like an analyze Corsi, Semin was at a +11 relCorsi whereas Ovechkin was at a -3.4. This means that when Semin is on the ice the Caps are generating way more offense vs offense against than Ovie.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wristers/shooters is what we need more of on the team....

that and flat out leadership....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second if you would like an analyze Corsi, Semin was at a +11 relCorsi whereas Ovechkin was at a -3.4. This means that when Semin is on the ice the Caps are generating way more offense vs offense against than Ovie.

Over what time period.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 legit scoring line centers, now we need to get some wingers (wow complete 180 from what we've been saying the past 5 or so offseasons). Kovy-Zajac-Semin, Elias-Henrique-Zubrus is about as solid a top 6 as you could ask for. 3rd line of Tedenby-JJ-Clarkson. Not bad.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mc I don't care how u spin it +/- is useless. How anyone but the goalie be blamed for a goal against is beyond me. Its the goalies job to stop the puck. I don't care how many turn overs he faces breakaways or 2on1s. He is still paid to make saves!

In fact if it wasn't for bad defense you could probably stick anyone in net. Also its usually bad defense that leads to a great save. You see highlight saves of breakaways. But you dont see highlight saves when the defense does its job. U dont hear anyone say wow great save on that wrister from the blue line by marty when everyone is doing their job.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Salary not counting....who would you rather have on your team? Semin or ovie?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think there were many nights where Pdb had trouble motivating Kovy could you imagine having 2 russians... YIKES

Yeah true but who cares....put up 85pts while playing insane mins.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+/- is a product of who you are matched up against, your role and the performance of the people around you. A checking line player, by neccessity, will have a low +/- because he plays against the top scorers on the other team and his line's role is not to score.

The top defense pairing on your team faces the top competition every night and will likely have a lower +/- as a result.

+/- is to hockey what wins are to a pitcher in baseball.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Semin is the best available UFA at this point. Lou should at least try to get him instead of saying (on TSN): "We have some outstanding young players here, some who have tremendous potential. We'll do whatever we can to go to Plan B."

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+/- of course shouldn't be main criteria to evaluate players, but IMO it has to be taken under consideration as players' useful value.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were to sign Semin, I actually see that helping Tedenby out tremendously. I'm not sure they would ever wind up on the same line, but he can match his speed and Tedenby makes such quick/unexpected passes that he needs somebody that can rip shots without any notice. Kovy is that type of player, Semin is that type of player. The more I think about it, the more I want this guy on the Devils.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm ok with a pure goal scorer. We lost a 30 goal scorer, plus Sykora's 20g, and I doubt Elias or Clarkson reach 30 again this year. Figure a full season of Zajac cancels out Sykora's goal production, and maybe Henrique in year 2 steps up and his increased production could cancel out Clarkson or Elias' drop in production but we still need to fill that void.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Lou is waiting for? He didn't sign any of top available UFA. Is this because of Devils' financial issues?