• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Selanne considered signing with Kings before last season

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I don't know the credibility of this person, but he sent like... 30 tweets about Selanne's autobiography that apparently is coming out today (not in english). There's a lot of interesting stuff including the fact that Selanne considered signing with the Kings (or Jets) before the beginning of last season.

https://twitter.com/jhiitela

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true, we "matrixed" that bullet

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I wonder how the rest of the Dux feel about the coach?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I wonder how the rest of the Dux feel about the coach?

Good question.

My guess, and I have always maintained this about Boudreau, is that he is way over his head in the NHL. He wants to be considered a winner, but he hasn't won anything.

I don't think he is a smart strategist and he doesn't have what it takes to push buttons to get players all in. That was evident in the HBO Caps special, and when you hear how he talks, you can't take the man seriously. Just because you drop 90 F bombs in a 30 second screamfest doesn't make you effective, it makes you sound retarded.

Fifteen years, the same repeated pattern whether it be the AHL or the NHL - crush the regular season (or have moderate success), flame out early in the playoffs. Has happened with Manchester, Washington and now Anaheim.

The kicker is he just received a 2 year extension from Anaheim, which surprised me considering he has been here 2½ years and it's been the same story every year (his first half season can be dismissed since he came in 50-60 games into the season after Carlyle was fired). Considering the Ducks have not had much success in the playoffs since their Cup win 7 years ago, I don't think this is the right direction to go (which is good for LA to remain the top team in CA so no complaint here).

There is a reason LA didn't interview him at all after Andy Murray was fired and in fact booted him from the organization altogether. Some coaches can get you to a certain point but will not get you over the hump (Terry Murray for example), this guy is one of those.

Last edited by a moderator: