• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Colorado Avalanche vs. St. Louis Blues

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably feel a little differently if I were a Blues fan, but that looked like a chase for a loose puck that resulted in a collision with Binnington taking pretty much the entire blunt force of that impact. Never like to see anybody get hurt like that.
Yes, it sucks seeing JB hurt there. I think it's coincidence it was Kadri. Hopefully he's back in net tomorrow.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Binnington collision was no more dirty than the Nashville player hitting Darcy in the eye with his stick in round 1, sometimes these things happen.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Binnington collision was no more dirty than the Nashville player hitting Darcy in the eye with his stick in round 1, sometimes these things happen.
I am a card carrying member of the goalie union and will defend goalies to the death if needed.

That wasn't even a penalty. Sorry Jordan got hurt, but it was the defender that made that happen.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re in St Louis - they’ll probably get shot anyways.

As someone who lives in Missouri, there are no lies here. St. Louis is the only city I’ve been to in my US travels that has needed armed security guards at the gas station.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri tackled Rosen into Binnington on either an extremely dangerous play, or with deliberate intent to injure. If you think Kadri deserves some kind of benefit of doubt, he "defended" the play in a post-game interview by saying Binnington deserved it because he threw a water bottle at him. Then he boo-hoo'd to the press later about the St. Louis fan reaction, claiming he was a victim of racism and felt unsafe.

Kadri's a piece of shit and always has been.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kadri's going for a loose puck in the crease. The only way for him to avoid a collision is for him to decide, "hmmm....that's a loose puck, but I should probably just skate away because I can't risk injury to anyone". Sure, maybe you make the decision to just back off in a pick up hockey game, but that aint happening in an NHL playoff game. Don't get me wrong - Kadri is a dirty bastard, but in this case, he (and Binnington) are just victims of circumstance.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri's going for a loose puck in the crease. The only way for him to avoid a collision is for him to decide, "hmmm....that's a loose puck, but I should probably just skate away because I can't risk injury to anyone". Sure, maybe you make the decision to just back off in a pick up hockey game, but that aint happening in an NHL playoff game. Don't get me wrong - Kadri is a dirty bastard, but in this case, he (and Binnington) are just victims of circumstance.
There's no path to that loose puck, other than tackling the defenseman into it, and the goalie? Bullshit.

Kadri's a dirty player and always has been. Then later, he flexes his "everyone doesn't like me because Islamophobia" whine and critics back off until the inevitable next occasion. He's Sean Avery with 10% more talent.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri tackled Rosen into Binnington on either an extremely dangerous play, or with deliberate intent to injure. If you think Kadri deserves some kind of benefit of doubt, he "defended" the play in a post-game interview by saying Binnington deserved it because he threw a water bottle at him. Then he boo-hoo'd to the press later about the St. Louis fan reaction, claiming he was a victim of racism and felt unsafe.

Kadri's a piece of shit and always has been.
Can you please show me the exact quote where Kadri said Binnington deserved it? Because if you can't I'm going to say this whole post is BS.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please show me the exact quote where Kadri said Binnington deserved it? Because if you can't I'm going to say this whole post is BS.

He's an asshole. Hey, if you can show me that Kadri has never been suspended or made dangerous hits before, then great. Otherwise, you're BS.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's an asshole. Hey, if you can show me that Kadri has never been suspended or made dangerous hits before, then great. Otherwise, you're BS.
No no no, I don't want the post game interview where Kadri mentions that Binnington threw a water bottle at him, I want the one you claim existed where he said Binnington "deserved it for throwing a water bottle at him."