• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second and Third Rounds

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have 2 picks, towards the end of each round, respectively. I would like to see the Broncos move up with one or both picks, but we don't have a lot of tradable value left in this draft to move up much, so we'll see what happens. There are about 16 or so players that I have looked at for the Broncos to possibly acquire in these next 2 rounds, so there is a good chance that at least 1 of them will be available when we do pick. Among them are: Denzel Perryman, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips, Landon Collins, TJ Clemmings, Paul Dawson, Josie Matias, Nick O' Leary, Tre Jackson, Clive Walford, and Garrett Grayson.

If we get 1 of these players I will be happy. If we get 2 of them I will be ecstatic. Looking forward to rounds 2 and 3.

Who do you want to see us pick up in these 2 rounds?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I would love...

2nd--Paul Dawson. This kid has the best instincts of any ILB in the entire draft. He reminds me so much of our old Al Wilson. He wasn't the most athletically gifted but he just had those instincts to know exactly how a play was developing.

3rd--La'el Collins. Rumor has it that if he doesn't get taken by the end of the 3rd round that he is dropping completely out of the draft and will just sit out a year. I know this is a high risk pick but to me the kid is a top-15 talent and is worth a 3rd round pick. If it doesn't work out how is that different than some of our other 3rd round picks likes Webster and Hillman who have barely contributed up to this point. So far Elway has only drafted one guy in the 3rd that started any significant number of games and that was Nate Irving who was mostly a 2-down thumper for the defense.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not immediately crazy about going with the LT out of CSU, but he might be a good pick. Hard to imagine that he can help this year, but he maybe he does down the road. The team obviously sees upside in him.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, TDs. Not thrilled, but hopefully he has enough upside to justify the pick. He is said to have left tackle feet, which is good, but he has one of the slowest 40 times of all of the OTs. That probably isn't a big deal, but I just found it interesting given the "left tackle feet" comment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to trust Kubiak when it comes to the OL. Not my top choice but I see the fit with our system for sure.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this is kind of an interesting piece on Sambrailo's background as a skier:

NFL Draft: Ty Sambrailo, the 300-Pounder Who Can Fly | Rolling Stone

Thought this excerpt particularly interesting:

"What sort of skills transfer over from skiing to playing tackle?
I think it's learning to translate what I see to my feet. Everything starts with your eyes, so being able to process that quickly in my feet is something that I kind of unintentionally trained when I was ski racing. I don't think ski racing directly helped me play offensive tackle, but it helped my overall athleticism develop at a younger age."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read most fans are very underwhelmed but scouts and coaches are impressed with the pick. He is highly intelligent, highly athletic, and a very hard worker. Definitely had his struggles like the game against Utah in the Bowl Game but the upside seems to be what the scouts really like. Needs to get into the weight room today to get some muscle but otherwise very technically sound guy that is expected to start at either OG or RT

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read most fans are very underwhelmed but scouts and coaches are impressed with the pick. He is highly intelligent, highly athletic, and a very hard worker. Definitely had his struggles like the game against Utah in the Bowl Game but the upside seems to be what the scouts really like. Needs to get into the weight room today to get some muscle but otherwise very technically sound guy that is expected to start at either OG or RT

Interesting that he's expected to change positions. To me, that makes the pick make more sense.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is a Seahawk and Grayson is a Saint.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 40 time should be thrown out of combine for O- lineman and actually their talking about doing just that. Has nothing to do with quick feet in the trenches but great trait in zone blkg scheme. If he bull's up some and gets some more power,he will be a very good steal. Good bit of nasty with him too. PS. Bummer Td with Lockett. Was rootin for him in Denver and Seattle just got a better version of what's his face Percy Harvin IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that he's expected to change positions. To me, that makes the pick make more sense.

Read one coach said he is a guy that could start at either of the guard or tackle spots and find success. Probably needs a year to develop some but the more I read on the guy the more excited I get about his potential.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well today not as exciting but both picks today are solid players. Both are known as high character and big time locker room guys. They are both known for their fight on the field. Elway seems to be going with guys that don't quit. Should see all of our picks be contributors this upcoming season with sambrailo most likely a starter, Ray being a play 50-60% snaps guy, and Huerman being in on our big packages to run the ball on short yardage and goal line situations.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched two games of sambrailo of every snap and left impressed. He is a very smart player. Never got fooled when teams would run stunts at him and if he couldn't overpower a guy he knew how to bait the guy to run right out of the play. The Rams loved running behind him as he did a great job of opening some major holes. Is probably one of the most technically sound tackles in the draft.

Now weaknesses are definitely his functional strength. He can get too high when blocking and when he does he can look like he is on skates. If he can work on staying low then this kid is going to be a guy we like for the next four years and hopefully beyond. Throw in he can actually play all 5 positions on the OL. Elway I guess worked him out at all of them on his visit and the coaches left impressed with him even at Center.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to call it of the Broncos extending Osweiler after the draft. Elway laughed when a media member asked him about the QB position and looked at Kubiak like they knew something that nobody else does. My guess is that them looking at QB was more of a smokescreen and that they actually are excited for Osweiler starting next year.