• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC network, I am paying 2.37 per month for it

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, this is what happens when you go paperless. They just throw surcharges on your bill and until you go looking because you are angry at the crappy service all of a sudden, then you go WTF!!!!!!

Regional Sports network Surcharge = 2.37
Local TV Station Surcharge = 7.07 (of course, this station is FREE on public air ways)

I assume there is built in profit for the cable company.

The explanation from the Cable company, this is a valid charge and will be going forward. They realize that I am NOT in the footprint of the SEC, but tough noogies. This charge has been on there August of 2014.

Now, my local station threw a big hissie fit, I remember them saying they would go off the air on the cable, but little did I realize that I am paying 7.07 for something that is completely free on my one TV that is NOT hooked up to cable.

I remember telling my young wife we would drop cable once the bill got over $25.00. Once High Speed Internet became available(1997 I think), that statement of mine went out the window. I also remember my wife wondering why we needed high speed internet, when dial up modem worked just fine. ONce she got on the high speed internet, she said, "We are never getting rid of this."

Welcome to America!!

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its okay man. We all know you called, begged, and used up old favors to finally get the SEC network. :behindsofa:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay $5 for ESPN, ESPN2, SECN and a couple of other ESPN channels on slingtv.

worth it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its okay man. We all know you called, begged, and used up old favors to finally get the SEC network. :behindsofa:

True story - I cancelled my cable and went to streaming last year because my cable company didn't offer the SECN.

Don't regret it either.