• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle is just the definition of bad calls...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Should be 1-0 now. That was in no way an out at second.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why MLB does not do two things:

1) Use the strike zone computer to give whether it's a strike or ball. For the tradition FAAAAAAA.GS give the main ump an earpiece so he can still call it.
2) Give 2 or so challenges like NFL does.

Least we got a run.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Use the strike zone computer to give whether it's a strike or ball. For the tradition FAAAAAAA.GS give the main ump an earpiece so he can still call it.

Least we got a run.

I'd be all for instant replay for everything except balls and strikes just because MLB umps get so many calls wrong. It's really pathetic how bad MLB umps are. You'd have to revamp the system of course. Get rid of the crummy replay screens they have now and have new larger screens to look at. Also there would need to be a separate crew that reviews plays independently. No having the umps leave the field which is ridiculous. They have until the next pitch is thrown to change a call by paging the home plate umpire. If they don't find enough evidence to change the call within that time then the call stands. No challenges, no wasted time. In an instance like today, there was enough evidence to reverse the wrong call after seeing just one replay. I'm sick of seeing calls like this because the umpires just suck. I'm sick of seeing guys called out at second when the guy threw the ball two steps before reaching second. I'm sick of seeing guys called out at first when the pitcher who was nowhere near the bag catches the ball. It needs to stop.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all for instant replay for everything except balls and strikes just because MLB umps get so many calls wrong. It's really pathetic how bad MLB umps are. You'd have to revamp the system of course. Get rid of the crummy replay screens they have now and have new larger screens to look at. Also there would need to be a separate crew that reviews plays independently. No having the umps leave the field which is ridiculous. They have until the next pitch is thrown to change a call by paging the home plate umpire. If they don't find enough evidence to change the call within that time then the call stands. No challenges, no wasted time. In an instance like today, there was enough evidence to reverse the wrong call after seeing just one replay. I'm sick of seeing calls like this because the umpires just suck. I'm sick of seeing guys called out at second when the guy threw the ball two steps before reaching second. I'm sick of seeing guys called out at first when the pitcher who was nowhere near the bag catches the ball. It needs to stop.

You would not be able to challenge balls and strikes because of the fact the computer is calculating what is a ball/strike and relaying it to the ump. You could only challenge bad out tags really.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Least we got a run.
I'm in favor of some replay extension for ridiculous calls, but no. We don't need a computer calling balls and strikes.