• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Lee

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this last week and just read it on the Cowboys website. Does this mean he can possibly get even better???

Lee told reporters this week that he played the first four years of his career on a partially torn left ACL he sustained in college, and that's the one that tore completely last year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEN on the field he plays at an All Pro level

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he saying he was never 100% healthy and played anyways? Could this be the reason he is often injured and misses games? Is the ACL now 100%. A healthy Lee will be a giant plus in helping this team be what I think it can be.
Last season I and a couple others on here insisted the D was top 20, this year I think it's could be top 10 to 15, if healtjy.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better? I don't know about that. It didn't seem like the partially torn ligament was a hindrance while Lee was on the field -- he plays faster than most LB'ers when on the field. I think the partial tear just made him more likely to suffer an eventual full tear, which of course has happened.

Will Lee be more reliable in terms of maybe being able to stay on the field? Yes, I think so.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always been a pleasure to watch Lee play football.
Preparation and effort like few others.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Lee's injury took place early enough in the offseason last year that he's not rushing back for the start of this year. He should have plenty of time to get healthy and make sure he's healthy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need him to play better. Just need him to play

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he has been playing with an 80% torn ACL since we drafted him. If I remember right happened in the 3rd or 4th to last game of his senior season.

I wouldn't say he will be better than he has been thus far but he will feel more confident in his body.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I wasn't really saying he was going to be better. just really threw that out there. Just thought it was interesting that he has been playing with this injury for so long.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, basically if he's on the field more he's better. So yes, he should hopefully be better.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Lee play all 16 games. When healthy a playmaker. With guys like hardy and Gregory added to the mix as well as jones freakish ability the defense is going to be,way better. Can jones be the do it all guy we once had in woodson? I think he can be that,guy in pass coverage

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Lee play all 16 games. When healthy a playmaker. With guys like hardy and Gregory added to the mix as well as jones freakish ability the defense is going to be,way better. Can jones be the do it all guy we once had in woodson? I think he can be that,guy in pass coverage

100% Agreed.

I am really excited to see what Byron Jones can do in the secondary. I personally want to see him at FS. I think he has all the tools to be an elite FS playing "center field" for Dallas. Jones is tall, has great speed, tremendous leaping ability, appears to have decent hands, looks to be a reliable tackler, and he is a smart kid too -- what else could you want from a FS?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Agreed.

I am really excited to see what Byron Jones can do in the secondary. I personally want to see him at FS. I think he has all the tools to be an elite FS playing "center field" for Dallas. Jones is tall, has great speed, tremendous leaping ability, appears to have decent hands, looks to be a reliable tackler, and he is a smart kid too -- what else could you want from a FS?
I'm thinking the same if they find the 3rd & 4th corner. Pulling for Mo to become somebody

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the same if they find the 3rd & 4th corner. Pulling for Mo to become somebody

Yea, we really need Mo to be at least serviceable this year. I think Patmon has the inside track as the nickel CB as of right now. If Mo can just be competent as a 4th CB, that would make me happy. On a side note, it's pretty sad to see how far the expectations for Claiborne have dropped - definitely one of the biggest busts in the last 5 years.

In regards to Jones, I think he is better suited as a FS than as a CB. As a CB Jones is great at shadowing his man, but a lot like Brandon Carr, Jones does not turn his head to look for the ball very often (at least that's what I see when I watch available game tape of Jones). I think he would be much better suited as a FS keeping the play in front of him so he can see the field.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Lee stays healthy because even though I hate Dallas I just really respect his ability. Really reminds me of Andrew Toney. Toney scored over 20ppg on the 83 Champion 76ers and was a sure shot Hall of Fame player. Larry Bird said he was the best clutch shooter in the history of the NBA. He shot over 55% from the field which is amazing for a SG. THe sad thing is he had stress fractures in both feet and retired early. Hope Lee doesnt turn into one of those guys no one remembers like Andrew Toney.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is coming off of an ACL injury, so what are realistic expectations for him this year?

Bryan: From what I have seen from his work in these OTAs, he looks completely healthy and ready to go. His lateral agility and overall movement might even be better than before he hurt the knee. He looks more flexible and quicker. If I go on what I have observed, I expect him to play the entire season and hopefully into the playoffs. I really like the position switch for him as well just to save the wear and tear on him.

David: As you might have heard, Lee has apparently been playing with a partial tear since college, so this is his first chance to be fully healthy in quite some time. That’s good news. It’s not exactly fair, but given his contract situation, I think it’s entirely reasonable to expect Pro Bowl-type production from him. That’s the standard he holds himself to, and that’s what the Cowboys are expecting for what they’re paying him.