• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks v Chargers, 7pm PST, FOX

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get to finally see Bobby Wagner out there tonight. Wilson and the starters should be out there for a quarter or two. Final big tune up for the projected starters before the season starts. Lots of questions on who at S and CB make this team. Everyone needs to shine tonight.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great punt in to end zone....Penny looks like crap.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny misses block....Wilson almost killed!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better from the offense tonight. Defense looks solid too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was encouraging to watch. Now....please no injuries.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing to see the Hawks actually not wait till the second half for the offense to have a pulse.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall impressive performance last night. A few things that stood out to me:
  • First Team O looks ready. Carson is looking like he'll have another really good year, and the line is consistently making a clean pocket for RW. This should be a top 5 offense by nearly any standard.
  • Russell missed 1 throw and was a tad late on another, but he looks like a legit MVP candidate to me. His wheels also appear to be back.
  • Difficult to imagine Ursua not making this team. The Baldwin comparisons might be fair. The hard question is going to be at whose expense? Moore is hurt, but you cannot put him on the IR right now if you want him back at all this season (he must be on the final 53 to be eligible for IR/return). I guess we are soon to find out how much the coaches like Ferguson, or if he's this year's Kasen Williams. Jennings actually did something positive last night, but then he also made a totally boneheaded penalty that wiped away most of a big run by RW. Chris Harper is the only 4th rounder or better not to make the team as a rookie in 10 years, but Jennings is making his case to join that club.
  • The backup OL had a much better night than last time out, and Geno Smith is probably the main benefactor of that. I think he has to have the QB2 job won, but I guess we will see if Lynch is able to play and make the choice tough on Thursday night.
  • It's a bit odd to me that Dissly hasn't even been targeted yet in the 2 games he's played. I don't think it's a sign of a diminished role or lack of being healthy, but I just would have expected them to get the ball in his hands to help him build a little confidence about his recovery.
  • Maybe Amadi isn't going to be the punt returner, but he fits on the team somewhere. He's a tenacious tackler with plenty speed, so he'll be a valuable ST guy right out of the gate.
  • LB is going to be a tight numbers game for roster spots. Bobby, KJ, Kendricks, and Barton are locks. I think Calitro has to make it, too. Griffin is probably in trouble.
  • RB ditto, especially after Prosise gave us a reminder last night of what he can do and why he's still on this team. Prosise might be the most versatile player on the roster. Of course if you rely on him for a significant role you are tempting injury fate, but the physical ability is unquestionably there. With Lamar Miller going down for Houston, maybe we try to work a trade with them to send a RB over in some sort of package for Clowney?
  • Penny gets heat here, but had a pretty good night. Tackled for loss on a play where he didn't have much chance, but he made 2 consecutive plays that showed his talent -- the 3rd down reception where he fought to nearly pick up the 1st, then the very next play his physical 2nd effort got him in the ez. He'll be just fine....maybe as a Texan?
  • No question TL is going to lead the team in receptions (barring injury), but it's murky to me from there on who will be 2nd. You can make a good case both for and against pretty much all the other options. Jaron Brown might be the other starter, but he's still largely unproven despite being in the league 6 years. DK is the most physically gifted player at the position, but of course he's a rookie and also has some health/durability concerns. Dissly was killing it as a rookie before injury, so tough to see him bounce back right away into such a big role. I can see Ursua getting a lot of those backside out routes and probably some bubbles, but he has to make the team first. I hear the talk about Carson getting 50 catches, but I'm not sure I buy that.
Season opener 2 weeks from today. Can't wait. I absolutely think we are going to challenge the Rams for the division, and I think this team has a great chance to win 10+ games again.