• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Pre Game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rr presser

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Seattle every week so quite familiar with this opponent. Very beatable as you saw last week. KW3 makes the offense go so focus on him. Geno will take his shots to Metcalf, try finding Lockett or Njigba on crossing routes or go routes and the TE in this offense is a factor. Geno is mobile enough to hurt you but doesn't look to take off.

Contain KW3, keep Geno in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm. If we can stick to that defensive game plan i believe we win in Seattle. How about a week without an explosive play(s)?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we find some 1st & 2nd down reps for LB Cox this week? I know Mayo is typically on the field for downs 1 & 2 which baffles me because even though he is a veteran drafted by Carolina in 2015, his play lacks athleticism, range and splash (big play) ability. I think Cox can help in a limited role in this area by rotating series with Mayo and Davis would remain on the field. Thoughts?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we find some 1st & 2nd down reps for LB Cox this week? I know Mayo is typically on the field for downs 1 & 2 which baffles me because even though he is a veteran drafted by Carolina in 2015, his play lacks athleticism, range and splash (big play) ability. I think Cox can help in a limited role in this area by rotating series with Mayo and Davis would remain on the field. Thoughts?
Given the play of the regular LBs. I think both Hudson n Cox should be seeing significantly more PT. I can't come to any reasonable conclusion as to why Barton n Mayo get the PT that they do.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where he was drafted would suggest otherwise. Can't keep the kid in the shallow end of the pool all day with the kiddies. He's gonna have to venture into the deep end at some point.
I respect that but wouldn't coach it that way this week. We'll have a hard enough time this week containing Lockett, Njigba, Fant & KW3. Let BSJ fight that battle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Week 9, the Commanders’ OL allowed a season high 18 total pressures, 3 more than were allowed by the previous lineup when they last played together in Week 7, and 10 more than their season lows of 8 pressures allowed in Weeks 1 and 6. The pressures allowed against the Patriots were distributed as follows:
Tyler Larsen: 5 hurries, 1 QB hit

Sam Cosmi: 4 hurries, 1 QB hit

Andrew Wylie: 3 hurries

Charles Leno: 2 hurries

Chris Paul: 2 QB hits

In his debut on defense for Washington, K.J. Henry recorded his first NFL sack, which was robbed by one of the worst calls by referees of the 2023 season. The NFL does not record it as a sack, but we at Hogs Haven are better than that.

In his 3rd start of the 2023 season, James Smith-Williams recorded 1 solo tackle, 1 assist and 1 QB knock down. Casey Toohill, starting opposite of him, recorded just 1 assisted tackle. Rookie Andre Jones played just 14 defensive snaps, but was arguably Washington’s most productive DE with 1 solo tackle and 1 pass deflection at the line of scrimmage. Efe Obada chipped in 1 tackle assist.

All up, Washington’s DEs contributed 2 solo tackles, 3 assists, 1 pass defended, 1 QB knockdown and 1 sack which was stolen from them by the officials.

How much did Washington miss their former starters? In his debut for Chicago, Montez Sweat recorded 2 solo tackles and 1 pass defended. Chase Young rested on his laurels in a bye week with San Francisco. The answer in Week 9 would appear to be not much.

Jonathan Allen had his quietest game of the season with just 1 solo tackle and 1 QB hurry. Daron Payne followed suit with just 2 assisted tackles.

John Ridgeway played less than 1/3 as many snaps as either starter and registered 3 solo tackles. Phidarian Mathis seemed to be on the same wavelength as the other Alabama alums. He did not record a single defensive stat in 14 plays.
David Mayo had 3 solo tackles and 1 assist. In coverage, he allowed 2 completions on 2 targets for 10 yards.

Khaleke Hudson played less than 1/3 as many snaps as Mayo and registered 3 solo tackles and 1 assist. In coverage, he allowed 1 completion on 2 targets for a 14 yard TD.

dean in the poll that followed it said if RR won a playoff game and lost in the divisional round 67% said he should be let go , meaning my NFC title game appearance standard is what most of the fan base feels should be the standard

17% said he should keep his job , 8% if he makes the playoffs , and 8 % wonder why he is still here

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Week 9, the Commanders’ OL allowed a season high 18 total pressures, 3 more than were allowed by the previous lineup when they last played together in Week 7, and 10 more than their season lows of 8 pressures allowed in Weeks 1 and 6. The pressures allowed against the Patriots were distributed as follows:
Tyler Larsen: 5 hurries, 1 QB hit

Sam Cosmi: 4 hurries, 1 QB hit

Andrew Wylie: 3 hurries

Charles Leno: 2 hurries

Chris Paul: 2 QB hits

In his debut on defense for Washington, K.J. Henry recorded his first NFL sack, which was robbed by one of the worst calls by referees of the 2023 season. The NFL does not record it as a sack, but we at Hogs Haven are better than that.

In his 3rd start of the 2023 season, James Smith-Williams recorded 1 solo tackle, 1 assist and 1 QB knock down. Casey Toohill, starting opposite of him, recorded just 1 assisted tackle. Rookie Andre Jones played just 14 defensive snaps, but was arguably Washington’s most productive DE with 1 solo tackle and 1 pass deflection at the line of scrimmage. Efe Obada chipped in 1 tackle assist.

All up, Washington’s DEs contributed 2 solo tackles, 3 assists, 1 pass defended, 1 QB knockdown and 1 sack which was stolen from them by the officials.

How much did Washington miss their former starters? In his debut for Chicago, Montez Sweat recorded 2 solo tackles and 1 pass defended. Chase Young rested on his laurels in a bye week with San Francisco. The answer in Week 9 would appear to be not much.

Jonathan Allen had his quietest game of the season with just 1 solo tackle and 1 QB hurry. Daron Payne followed suit with just 2 assisted tackles.

John Ridgeway played less than 1/3 as many snaps as either starter and registered 3 solo tackles. Phidarian Mathis seemed to be on the same wavelength as the other Alabama alums. He did not record a single defensive stat in 14 plays.
David Mayo had 3 solo tackles and 1 assist. In coverage, he allowed 2 completions on 2 targets for 10 yards.

Khaleke Hudson played less than 1/3 as many snaps as Mayo and registered 3 solo tackles and 1 assist. In coverage, he allowed 1 completion on 2 targets for a 14 yard TD.

dean in the poll that followed it said if RR won a playoff game and lost in the divisional round 67% said he should be let go , meaning my NFC title game appearance standard is what most of the fan base feels should be the standard

17% said he should keep his job , 8% if he makes the playoffs , and 8 % wonder why he is still here

interesting poll. Wonder if the numbers would change later in the season. Its down to 62% right now. 21% yes. I understand where you are coming from, just a huge ask IMO.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting poll. Wonder if the numbers would change later in the season. Its down to 62% right now. 21% yes. I understand where you are coming from, just a huge ask IMO.
if he is the right coach it shouldnt be

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is the right coach it shouldnt be

I understand most fans are fed up with him. IMO an NFC championship ask with a rookie QB is a huge ask this year. IF most fans already made up their mind about RR I have no problem with it. The big question would be what Harris and Magic will think.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand most fans are fed up with him. IMO an NFC championship ask with a rookie QB is a huge ask this year. IF most fans already made up their mind about RR I have no problem with it. The big question would be what Harris and Magic will think.
Dean, he has never shown he can lead this team above an average team, at best. It’s our time. Let’s start anew. Ron has got to go. But there is no rush.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, he has never shown he can lead this team above an average team, at best. It’s our time. Let’s start anew. Ron has got to go. But there is no rush.

I respect your opinion.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you dislike about Ron Rivera, or are you making this statement based on performance as you see it? (Apologies but the opportunity was too good to pass up!)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you dislike about Ron Rivera, or are you making this statement based on performance as you see it? (Apologies but the opportunity was too good to pass up!)
Fair question and I’ll answer it directly

First, I’ll tell you what I like about Ron. He’s a good man and I think he means well that’s it.
So what don’t I like? He is not a motivator. His teams are never prepared. his in game management of both the clock and other strategic aspects of the game is terrible. He has proven to be a horrendous general manager, with both his free-agent signings in his drafts, he seems disinterested at times during games.

is that enough?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair question and I’ll answer it directly

First, I’ll tell you what I like about Ron. He’s a good man and I think he means well that’s it.
So what don’t I like? He is not a motivator. His teams are never prepared. his in game management of both the clock and other strategic aspects of the game is terrible. He has proven to be a horrendous general manager, with both his free-agent signings in his drafts, he seems disinterested at times during games.

is that enough?
LOL, it is interesting that you talked about his coaching/GM style and not the man himself, which is exactly what I've done with Howell... you know, the person that you asked what I disliked about him.
I don't have a particular kinship towards any player or coach so there's really nothing for me to consider when it comes to "liking" them. This gives me a very distinct advantage it evaluating them and apparently cause for some here to make charges of "having an agenda" or dislike for a particular player or coach.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Ron, as I said, he is a good man that led this franchise through very Difficult personal and professional times. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have serious deficiencies as a HC or a GM. in my opinion, he needs to go, but there is no reason I can see why it should be before seasons end. Treat his with the respect he has earned.