• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks in HoF semi-finals

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the tradition of Franco Harris and John Randle, we have Devin Hester and Dwight Freeney in the HoF voting!

Ricky Watters is in there also, but at least he actually had a few years with the team.

Shaun Alexander is snubbed this year. Looks like any chance he had is dead in the water.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the tradition of Franco Harris and John Randle, we have Devin Hester and Dwight Freeney in the HoF voting!

Ricky Watters is in there also, but at least he actually had a few years with the team.

Shaun Alexander is snubbed this year. Looks like any chance he had is dead in the water.

Shaun will not get in the HOF... had quite possibly the best left blocking OLINE in NFL history, and played in a small market. He did fine in the SBOWL, but the NFL had their Pittsburgh agenda. Shaun isn't getting in the HOF.. despite 100 rushing TDs (believe every RB with that many TDs or higher is in the HOF)...

Again, if he's East coast, Shaun is in the HOF... given he's not , some forgotten guy. Put Alexander on the dumbass Steelers' team and he would've been a HOF'er 5 years ago. Instead the dumbass Bus gets in despite nearly fumbling the AFC Championship away... lmao what a joke.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jerome Bettis is a classic compiler. Only 4 seasons where he averaged better than 4 per tote, and only 1 of those came after age 25. Career 3.9 ypc?? He just wasn't special in really any area after about 5 years in the league.

But I agree Shaun is likely not going to make it. If he had about 2 or 3 more seasons that matched his average from 2001-2005 then I think he's in. Unfortunately, he got banged up after the MVP year and just fell off dramatically.

I'm iffy about Kam. His peak years were just incredible and he was absolutely one of the most dominant & menacing forces in the league, but it probably just didn't last long enough to make the cut. He's a better player than a lot of the guys who will get in because they were fortunate enough to stay healthy longer.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jerome Bettis is a classic compiler. Only 4 seasons where he averaged better than 4 per tote, and only 1 of those came after age 25. Career 3.9 ypc?? He just wasn't special in really any area after about 5 years in the league.

But I agree Shaun is likely not going to make it. If he had about 2 or 3 more seasons that matched his average from 2001-2005 then I think he's in. Unfortunately, he got banged up after the MVP year and just fell off dramatically.

I'm iffy about Kam. His peak years were just incredible and he was absolutely one of the most dominant & menacing forces in the league, but it probably just didn't last long enough to make the cut. He's a better player than a lot of the guys who will get in because they were fortunate enough to stay healthy longer.
I don't think Kam will make it. If he does, it will be years down the road with the senior committee.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun will not get in the HOF... had quite possibly the best left blocking OLINE in NFL history, and played in a small market.

WTF?

Seattle is the 12th largest market in Major league sports I am counting ALL SPORTS not just Football. The last time Seattle was a small market was in the early 80's lmao!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

Seattle is the 12th largest market in Major league sports I am counting ALL SPORTS not just Football. The last time Seattle was a small market was in the early 80's lmao!
maybe it is now, but was it in 2005? seattle metro has added something like 700k people in less than 10 years

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

Nobody cared about Seattle in 2005.... and then Tomlinson basically erased what Shaun did behind a lesser OL.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun will not get in the HOF... had quite possibly the best left blocking OLINE in NFL history, and played in a small market. He did fine in the SBOWL, but the NFL had their Pittsburgh agenda. Shaun isn't getting in the HOF.. despite 100 rushing TDs (believe every RB with that many TDs or higher is in the HOF)...

Again, if he's East coast, Shaun is in the HOF... given he's not , some forgotten guy. Put Alexander on the dumbass Steelers' team and he would've been a HOF'er 5 years ago. Instead the dumbass Bus gets in despite nearly fumbling the AFC Championship away... lmao what a joke.

WTF?

Screaming. I'll put Sharks point on different terms because I can.

He's not saying Seattle is a small market but it is in a biased place. The Pacific northwest.

When you say west. You think LA, SF etc....

Seattle is near the last

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think SA does get in but its probably on his last year of eligibility. 100 TDs is still a 100 TDs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it is now, but was it in 2005? seattle metro has added something like 700k people in less than 10 years

In the mid 90's Seattle was the 12 largest NFL market but was like in the 20's for all sports.

Seattle isn't a small market it's just in a corner all by itself unlike New York ect who is also in a corner of the US but is surrounded by other large markets. It was East Coast Bias more than anything that kept Seattle out of the major lime light though.