• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im warming up to the idea of mike macdonald, i didnt know he spent a year with jim harbaugh sprucing up the michigan defense before going to be DC in baltimore.

if we are going with a defensive coach, it should be him.

Yeah. He did a great job with the Michigan defense and really turned around that defense. Harbaugh is also more a delegater than a play caller as well so Macdonald was the guy running the defense. And the Ravens defense went from middle of the pack to one of the best in the league since he joined them as DC.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-0!!! All the sudden this Quinn thing not looking so hot!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-0!!! All the sudden this Quinn thing not looking so hot!!!

Yeah both McCarthy and Quinn could be unemployed shortly.

Dallas D hasn't been stellar in this game (Jordan Love has), but I don't know how much of this 2+ quarter disaster can be pinned on the defense. Dak has been horrendous and probably playing his worst game of the season. I don't see how this makes Dan Quinn less of a coaching candidate. Jordan Love is the NFL's top rated passer since week 12, so it's no surprise he is playing pretty well today.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas D hasn't been stellar in me (Jordan Love has), but I don't know how much of this 2+ quarter disaster can be pinned on the defense. Dak has been horrendous and probably playing his worst game of the season. I don't see how this makes Dan Quinn less of a coaching candidate. Jordan Love is the NFL's top rated passer since week 12, so it's no surprise he is playing pretty well today.

The dallas D is getting shredded, hopefully this puts quinn to seattle to bed

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Quinn was Schneider's guy 2 hours ago, do you seriously think he's sitting in his man cave right now watching this and changing his mind based solely on today's game??? Some of you guys are hilarious. Talk about prisoner of the moment.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, watching Dallas getting decimated by Green Bay so far, Dallas’s D looks non existent … Doesn’t make me excited for Quinn… I’m hoping we go in a different direction, I’m wanting Harbaugh..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Quinn was Schneider's guy 2 hours ago, do you seriously think he's sitting in his man cave right now watching this and changing his mind based solely on today's game??? Some of you guys are hilarious. Talk about prisoner of the moment.
No, but he has been part of some serious meltdowns.. I mean overall I like Quinn, he was great as our D coordinator, but as a head coach ? He did get the Falcons to a Super Bowl, but he was part of the biggest meltdown in Super Bowl history ! And he never kept the Falcons consistent after that one solid year …

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the optics of hiring a guy who just got embarrassed in the playoffs at home is horrible.

It would be absolutely deflating.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when i watched Geno throw for 334 and 3 tds against Quinns defense might have been a clue?

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do....

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen enough of defenses getting gashed on the ground, haaaaaaaard pass on quinn

Dont even want quinn as DC at this point

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he has been part of some serious meltdowns.. I mean overall I like Quinn, he was great as our D coordinator, but as a head coach ? He did get the Falcons to a Super Bowl, but he was part of the biggest meltdown in Super Bowl history ! And he never kept the Falcons consistent after that one solid year …
It's sort of odd to describe a SB season as just "solid" but maybe that's just me having a different meaning of that word vs you. As far as the meltdowns, would it have been better in your eyes if Quinn's Falcons would have just lost the NFCC and didn't even make the SB? I dunno... banging on a guy for having a bad SB outcome is sorta like complaining about dating the ugliest supermodel.

For me, I'm way more hesitant about Quinn because of declining & b2b losing seasons in Atlanta. As you mentioned, he didn't sustain that early success in ATL.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sort of odd to describe a SB season as just "solid" but maybe that's just me having a different meaning of that word vs you. As far as the meltdowns, would it have been better in your eyes if Quinn's Falcons would have just lost the NFCC and didn't even make the SB? I dunno... banging on a guy for having a bad SB outcome is sorta like complaining about dating the ugliest supermodel.

For me, I'm way more hesitant about Quinn because of declining & b2b losing seasons in Atlanta. As you mentioned, he didn't sustain that early success in ATL.
A bad outcome? They lost after going up 28-3.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bad outcome? They lost after going up 28-3.

Which means they were up 28-3 in the Super Bowl. Shanahan refusing to run the ball in the 2nd half was their problem.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means they were up 28-3 in the Super Bowl. Shanahan refusing to run the ball in the 2nd half was their problem.
And you know what happened to Kyle Shanahan the very next day after that SB loss?

He was hired as the 49ers HC.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can make excuses all day, quinn oversaw the defense that gave up a 25 point second half lead in the superbowl and lost.

if the seahawks run the ball on the 1 and win two SBs in a row, bevell probably gets a head coaching gig. but they didnt, and he didnt. those events will haunt them forever.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh would be the best choice, only issue right now I see hiring Harbaugh is he would probably want total control like Pete had when coming here, which means Schneider would need to let go of his new found power of having control of all the draft picks …

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading a article talking about Quinn being the heavy favorite to become Seahawks HC, however the article had a twist. It mentioned that Jones( Cowboy owner) might fire McCarthy and make Quinn the HC depending on how the playoffs go. Then the connection between JS and McCarty was mentioned and the possibility of McCarty becoming Seahawks HC. I know I don't like idea at all as McCarty has always been sort of iffy as HC IMO. Rather see someone else, sure makes Quinn more attractive. :lol:
Please no McCarthy

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He'll get an interview along with the DC from Baltimore.