• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a good question … I kinda like Waldron, shame he left, any that stand out to you ?
I thought Waldron would of been fine also. Zac Robinson QB coach of the Rams was one I had in mind, but he got hired by the Falcons ( make sense since they hired Raheem Morris as HC and he is hiring several Rams assistants). Teams around the league are hiring coaches from successful teams right down to the mascots is seems. Being nearly the last to hire a HC is going have a impact on coordinators for the Seahawks and all the coaching staff. It's like drafting players near the end of the round, the cream has been scooped up and the Seahawks are left to sift threw the left overs hoping to find a over looked gem.
Here is someone of interest ( soon to be nabbed):

1706671061297.png

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make it a minority so we can snag those two 3rd rounders when they get hired ofd

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that doesn't sound good for the Seahawks. Also only 29 miles to go to Washington Commanders, may not even require moving.
Not a good sign

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just make it a minority so we can snag those two 3rd rounders when they get hired ofd
The way understand that absurd rule is it's the team they are hired away from that gets the reward for "developing" the minority into a head coaching (or front office) role. So even though Raheem Morris was a head coach already for 3+ years, the Rams are going to get a pair of 3rd round picks for him getting hired by Atlanta. And TB gets 2 3rd rounders for "developing" Canales for 1 whole year as he gets hired by Carolina, while we get squat even though he was here for 13 years before his 1 season as TB OC.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way understand that absurd rule is it's the team they are hired away from that gets the reward for "developing" the minority into a head coaching (or front office) role. So even though Raheem Morris was a head coach already for 3+ years, the Rams are going to get a pair of 3rd round picks for him getting hired by Atlanta. And TB gets 2 3rd rounders for "developing" Canales for 1 whole year as he gets hired by Carolina, while we get squat even though he was here for 13 years before his 1 season as TB OC.
Not quite true. In order to get the comp picks for a minority assistant coach or front office personnel, they must have been on your team for at least 2 years before getting hired as a HC or GM. So TB isn't going to get anything for Canales since he was only in Tampa for 1 season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite true. In order to get the comp picks for a minority assistant coach or front office personnel, they must have been on your team for at least 2 years before getting hired as a HC or GM. So TB isn't going to get anything for Canales since he was only in Tampa for 1 season.
Then those picks should go to Seattle, but I'm sure that won't be the case. Dumbass rule.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then those picks should go to Seattle, but I'm sure that won't be the case. Dumbass rule.

Yes, just like the Rooney rule. How about we throw in another rule: "A team gets a 1st round pick if they hire a white cornerback on their starting roster for the season?" Let's see how everyone reacts to that?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
italians count as minorities?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looks more spanish than hispanic, but so does mike MCDANIEL.
I think I read somewhere that his parents were 1st generation immigrants from Mexico.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
macdonald coming in for a second interview, hopefully they dont let him leave.

I hope they nab him… Baltimore’s defense was legit playing at a high level without any real big named stars, he even had Clowney playing well all year when he was so inconsistent with us … Macdonald was doing something right… I’m hoping today is the day, nab the guy and let’s go !

Reactions: MrS

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it out of seattle without a contract, he most likely turned them down.
Don't see that happening.
Seattle is the better job.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they nab him… Baltimore’s defense was legit playing at a high level without any real big named stars, he even had Clowney playing well all year when he was so inconsistent with us … Macdonald was doing something right… I’m hoping today is the day, nab the guy and let’s go !

Good point. Our defense I think will be in a bit of a rebuild mode. Nwosu, Mafe, Witherspoon, Love, Woolen... that's probably the only sure thing left on the starting roster (defensively anyway). Maybe Jones but I don't think he was worth near what we paid him last year... course scheme has a lot to do with it...