• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Slant 9-7-11

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia cornerback Brandon Boykin told Sporting News' Steve Greenberg on Boise State: “They’re just as good as any SEC team.”

Hayes continues: “Now I know this is going to be hard to hear for the most diehard (read: unstable) of SEC fans, but Boise State could win your beloved conference. I’m convinced of it now more than ever. I used to be like you; a snobby, stuffed windbag who refused to see reality screaming at me year after year. But I’ve reformed; I’m a recovering SEC addict. Now I realize that Boise State would have the best quarterback (Kellen Moore) in the SEC, the best offensive lineman (Nate Potter), the second-best running back (Doug Martin) and the third-best defensive line (behind LSU and Alabama). And a wicked home-field advantage. Now, the kicker: Boise State would also have—hold onto your Golden Flakes—the best coach (Chris Petersen) in the SEC.”

Safe to say there are more believers now | KTVB.COM Boise

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also with the SEC money we'd have the stadium at 53,000 in no time, academics improved, facilities improved all of that.

Too bad Geography has to get in the way.

GRIZBEAR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hello,
I am a 72 year old that coached for over 50 years, at the Middle School, High School, and in the Military. I have been playing coaching or being a trainer for 60 years. I know football backward, forward, and inside out. I can give you a detailed look at any team, and tell you who should win, based on their players ability.
I am a die hard Boise State and San Diego State (my Alma Mater) fan. I had season tickets, when Marshall Faulk was there, before I moved back home to Idaho. I have watched Boise State since Lyle Smith started coaching them as a JC, and almost went there to play. I joined the Navy, to stay out of the Army, and spent 8 years playing smorts in the Navy, which had some very good teams. I played with guys and coached guys who went to college and the Pros directly from the Navy.
I study a team before I make any comments, and I also give their opponents just due. I will say this about Boise State, I have watched them since the went to Division ! in 1996, and I can say without any question, that they could compete in ANY CONFERENCE in the country, and more than likely would win the Conference Championship.
I base this on a several things.
First; Boise State has a SYSTEM. they look for players who fit the MOLD of that system and go after them. They are usually not the top recruits in the country, but the BSU coaching staff turns them into 5 STAR players.
Second; BSU has the best HEAD COACH in the country, BAR NONE. He has assembled a coaching staff that is sought after by all of the BIG NAME schools, (Brian Harsin, Texas) and (Brent Pease, who went to Indiana, but came back when Harsin went to Texas). I did not see any drop off in the offense, against Georgia, in spite of losing all of the front line players they did last year. THE SYSTEM develops players who can take their place, and the NIGHT TRAIN keeps on rolling.
Third; The players that BSU recruits usually have a chip on their shoulder, (more like a Red Wood), and play with more intensity than players at the BIG NAME schools. This is why they consistantly beat them.
When you combine all three things, you have the winning combination that is THE BOISE STATE NIGHT TRAIN: There is an Old Country Song named "Night Train to Georgia" and this train isTROUBLE: That is what the BRONCOS ARE BIG TROUBLE, for anyone they play.
I fully expect them to be in the hunt for the BCS B.S. Chanpionship, IF THE POLLSTERS GIVE THEM THEIR JUST DUE. HOWEVER, THE BIG BOYS WANT BSU TO GO AWAY, SO THEY SHORT CHANGE THEM IN THE POLLS TO KEEP THEM OUT OF THE TOP SPOT!!!

I BULLY AND TOTALLY BELIEVE THAT IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, BSU COULD, AND WOULD WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

COACH GRIZ BEAR!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello,
I am a 72 year old that coached for over 50 years, at the Middle School, High School, and in the Military. I have been playing coaching or being a trainer for 60 years. I know football backward, forward, and inside out. I can give you a detailed look at any team, and tell you who should win, based on their players ability.
I am a die hard Boise State and San Diego State (my Alma Mater) fan. I had season tickets, when Marshall Faulk was there, before I moved back home to Idaho. I have watched Boise State since Lyle Smith started coaching them as a JC, and almost went there to play. I joined the Navy, to stay out of the Army, and spent 8 years playing smorts in the Navy, which had some very good teams. I played with guys and coached guys who went to college and the Pros directly from the Navy.
I study a team before I make any comments, and I also give their opponents just due. I will say this about Boise State, I have watched them since the went to Division ! in 1996, and I can say without any question, that they could compete in ANY CONFERENCE in the country, and more than likely would win the Conference Championship.
I base this on a several things.
First; Boise State has a SYSTEM. they look for players who fit the MOLD of that system and go after them. They are usually not the top recruits in the country, but the BSU coaching staff turns them into 5 STAR players.
Second; BSU has the best HEAD COACH in the country, BAR NONE. He has assembled a coaching staff that is sought after by all of the BIG NAME schools, (Brian Harsin, Texas) and (Brent Pease, who went to Indiana, but came back when Harsin went to Texas). I did not see any drop off in the offense, against Georgia, in spite of losing all of the front line players they did last year. THE SYSTEM develops players who can take their place, and the NIGHT TRAIN keeps on rolling.
Third; The players that BSU recruits usually have a chip on their shoulder, (more like a Red Wood), and play with more intensity than players at the BIG NAME schools. This is why they consistantly beat them.
When you combine all three things, you have the winning combination that is THE BOISE STATE NIGHT TRAIN: There is an Old Country Song named "Night Train to Georgia" and this train isTROUBLE: That is what the BRONCOS ARE BIG TROUBLE, for anyone they play.
I fully expect them to be in the hunt for the BCS B.S. Chanpionship, IF THE POLLSTERS GIVE THEM THEIR JUST DUE. HOWEVER, THE BIG BOYS WANT BSU TO GO AWAY, SO THEY SHORT CHANGE THEM IN THE POLLS TO KEEP THEM OUT OF THE TOP SPOT!!!

I BULLY AND TOTALLY BELIEVE THAT IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, BSU COULD, AND WOULD WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

COACH GRIZ BEAR!

Welcome Sir!!!

I must say a very awesome first post well done! :clap2:

I agree with everything you said.