• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schwartz new Browns DC

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.

What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be.

Cleveland area tailors are on high alert. But seriously, good for him. I wish him the best. Just not vs. us.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz and possibly josh McDaniels. Wow

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second.... They're hiring a DC before they hire a HC!?! Wtf!?! And they wonder why they're the only franchise in the NFL shittier than this one....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second.... They're hiring a DC before they hire a HC!?! Wtf!?! And they wonder why they're the only franchise in the NFL shittier than this one....

Unless Nerd face La Canfora is wrong. But he mentioned Schwartz to Browns before he was even fired so I'm not surprised.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think McDaniels is HC material.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sooo fucked up! :gaah:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-YpzGsO0V0]Three Stooges theme song - YouTube[/ame]

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is Schwartz. It just may work for the Browns if they do find someone that can keep the staff together.

Are you implying McDaniels as OC and someone else as head coach?

I can't find contract details but I believe McDaniels to be under contract still, making a lateral move challenging. Even if he is not, is there motivation to stop working with Brady to go to Cleveland? :noidea:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't find contract details but I believe McDaniels to be under contract still, making a lateral move challenging. Even if he is not, is there motivation to stop working with Brady to go to Cleveland? :noidea:

McD to Browns as next HC is expected to happen sooner than later according to recent rumors.

The Patriots have granted the Browns permission to interview OC Josh McDaniels for their head-coaching vacancy.

That interview will likely take place this week, as McDaniels is only allowed to interview for head-coaching jobs up through Sunday due to the Patriots being in the playoffs. Early indications are that McDaniels is the overwhelming favorite to take over as Rob Chudzinki's successor in Cleveland. Tue, Dec 31, 2013 01:13:00 PM

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that. He said someone to keep the staff together. It sounded like he was implying McDaniels as an assistant which isn't all that likely.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Nerd face La Canfora is wrong. But he mentioned Schwartz to Browns before he was even fired so I'm not surprised.

I don't doubt that it's true. Just doesn't make any sense. It'd make a lot of sense to hire Schwartz if their new HC wanted him. But not sure what the hell Cleveland has been doing this week.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McD to Browns as next HC is expected to happen sooner than later according to recent rumors.

The Patriots have granted the Browns permission to interview OC Josh McDaniels for their head-coaching vacancy.

That interview will likely take place this week, as McDaniels is only allowed to interview for head-coaching jobs up through Sunday due to the Patriots being in the playoffs. Early indications are that McDaniels is the overwhelming favorite to take over as Rob Chudzinki's successor in Cleveland. Tue, Dec 31, 2013 01:13:00 PM

Ahhhhh,.... McHoody wouldn't be OC. 20 bucks says Tebow is wearing brown n orange next year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO it is hard to prove your worth as OC with Brady. Been sucessful with all his OC's. Josh's ego probably wants say "look what I did with said QB"

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Ray Horton as DC immediately. Even though he is running a 3-4 in Cleveland the guy is one of the few potential up and coming defensive gurus. I bet he could come with something from our personnel instead of trying to force his scheme.

One of the few guys I think can pretty much adjust to any situation. He is that bright.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Browns fans. Maybe we aren't the most clueless organization in the league.

Who in the hell hires a DC when you are actively searching for a HC? WTF? What new coach wants to be told who one of his coordinators is going to be?

That has to be one of the single dumbest moves any franchise has ever made. If the Browns wanted Schwartz so bad then why not as the HC? That would be an equally bad decision because he completely sucks but good grief, all they did was make an already not very attractive opening all that much more unattractive. :doh:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Browns fans. Maybe we aren't the most clueless organization in the league.

Who in the hell hires a DC when you are actively searching for a HC? WTF? What new coach wants to be told who one of his coordinators is going to be?

That has to be one of the single dumbest moves any franchise has ever made. If the Browns wanted Schwartz so bad then why not as the HC? That would be an equally bad decision because he completely sucks but good grief, all they did was make an already not very attractive opening all that much more unattractive. :doh:

Maybe people are right and Josh is choice for HC already...so then you could hire DC now. Just would be fishy to prove you never spoke to him early.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it is hard to prove your worth as OC with Brady. Been sucessful with all his OC's. Josh's ego probably wants say "look what I did with said QB"

It means something when you instantly got your job back when you were available. Staying in New England has more potential to get him another head coaching job than coordinating in Cleveland IMO. There's nothing to work with there.