• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schofield Released

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries derailed what this guys career could have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I guess that is better than having them end a career before he could even suit up for a game.

Too bad about Ryan Swope... I was actually hoping to see him in the mix. But the guy probably made the right choice if he still has issues now. I'm wondering how he made it through the combine.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should pit schofield and Bauer in a rap off! That would be entertaining!

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I guess that is better than having them end a career before he could even suit up for a game.

Too bad about Ryan Swope... I was actually hoping to see him in the mix. But the guy probably made the right choice if he still has issues now. I'm wondering how he made it through the combine.

Really disappointed to hear this. Not only did I think he could have made an impact, he seems like a good kid. I do think it is the right decision though.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Schofield was that he was "supposed" to be a good pass rusher...

Word used most for him... "Supposed"

To be honest.. I never saw anything special about his abilities.... He seemed to have less athletic ability than Sam Acho... and Acho is a "head" player, who just uses his instincts and smarts to offset his lack of measurables....

And Schofield seemed to have LESS measurables than Acho when they were on the field.

I doubt he even makes the Seahawks squad, unless it's on special teams.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Schofield was that he was "supposed" to be a good pass rusher...

Word used most for him... "Supposed"

To be honest.. I never saw anything special about his abilities.... He seemed to have less athletic ability than Sam Acho... and Acho is a "head" player, who just uses his instincts and smarts to offset his lack of measurables....

And Schofield seemed to have LESS measurables than Acho when they were on the field.

I doubt he even makes the Seahawks squad, unless it's on special teams.

We need a backup SAM and someone to start the 1st 4 games. PC can't be serious with Malcolm Smith as starter. We're the same size and I'd be in the hospital after 1 hit. Maybe a backup WILL. The weakness of the Hawks is with depth at the SAM and WILL.

Maybe he fits in with a change of scenery. :noidea:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Schofield. Thought there'd easily be a place for him on this team.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not seeing him as a SAM Osprey... really don't. I think he's stretched too thin for that. He was a DE at Wisconsin, and struggled to pick up the LB position as it is.... now he's going to have to transition from a 3-4 OLB to a 4-3 Sam.... I'm not sure he's going to be able to get it done.

However.... the way things are going in Seattle....

maybe he can play WR for them !!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not seeing him as a SAM Osprey... really don't. I think he's stretched too thin for that. He was a DE at Wisconsin, and struggled to pick up the LB position as it is.... now he's going to have to transition from a 3-4 OLB to a 4-3 Sam.... I'm not sure he's going to be able to get it done.

HaHaHa, play WR for the Seahawks. The Seahawks will give him a shot and if he doesn't cut it he'll get cut, no big deal. You never know thou, who would of thought that Clemons would work out so well when the Seahawks traded for him from the Eagles.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schofield is decent. He's getting reps at our LEO pass rushing position on the weakside and SAM backer on the strong side. He should start at one of the slots. I like obrien playing the SAM at the l.o.s. and wrecking havoc into gaps and containing the edge on running plays and rushing the passer
On down and distance situations.

He's not special but with our LEO injuries and Irvin suspended the first 4 games, Schofield is a nice backup who will get his chance to shine going upfield.

Hawk fans thank Zona for having a garage sale where your junk is our depth treasure and allowing us to grab Scho and $Williams. Maybe they can contribute when the real games commence.

They will both make the 53 man roster. Low expectations for both guys and maybe they'll surprise us all. I hope so.

Allen Craig!! :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schofield is decent. He's getting reps at our LEO pass rushing position on the weakside and SAM backer on the strong side. He should start at one of the slots. I like obrien playing the SAM at the l.o.s. and wrecking havoc into gaps and containing the edge on running plays and rushing the passer

He's not special but with our LEO injuries and Irvin suspended the first 4 games, Schofield is a nice backup who will get his chance to shine going upfield.

Hawk fans thank Zona for having a garage sale where your junk is our depth treasure and allowing us to grab Scho and $Williams. Maybe they can contribute when the real games commence.

They will both make the 53 man roster. Low expectations for both guys and maybe they'll surprise us all. I hope so.

I always liked sco I didn't understand why we released him... because Abraham cant play all 3 downs and Sco is perfectly capable of it, Sco is still developing in my opinion but he is a solid all around olb. Never understood why we released him, its true we need a true pass rusher and Acho and Sco are to much of the same players, Acho is a better play maker than Sco but Sco was solid but the problem is there is only room for one solid player at the olb position in a 3-4. He should fit with Seattle well and play solid.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like sco doesn't play to his full potential I could see him getting 10 sacks and being good in coverage, hes just a solid olb nothing more he still has room to improve and if injuries don't slow him down he could be a very good olb rather than just solid. One thing hes good at his special teams, I guess hes really only good in a 3-4 I dont see him really fitting in to well in a 4-3 but im sure you Seattle fans noticed that Sco was better in AZ?

Last edited by a moderator: