• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schneider should make a statement and Cut Thurmond

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'll be in the minority of this idea but we shouldn't put up with this bs. The DUIs, the adderall, the weed. At some point our guys need to make a statement that our organization isn't going to let this shit pass. Cut Thurmond (his contract is up after this year anyway) and lead by example.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thurmond might have just cost us a super bowl trip over fucking WEED. Think about that for a second...what a fucking dumbass. Home field advantage in the playoffs is extremely important and we need our corners against Drew Brees. Fuck Thurmond and his injur prone druggie ass

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah I understand you're pissed about this as am I but Thurmond hasn't cost us anything yet.

This team have been known to have guys step up when given the opportunity, Thurmond while no doubt blew his, he is no where near the best CB we have and I believe guys like Maxwell and Lane will step up.

It's a bit of an overreaction on your part.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WT3 hasn't cost us anything of value.
He may have effed up, possibly enough to be kicked off the team.

I need more accurate info to make an informed decision. That is the fair and correct course.

ErrDayI'mRusselin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does "non peds" indicate that it is weed that made him get a positive test. Also, I am pretty sure this failed test occurred a while back in the season, I am pretty sure that is how it works. But I do not get how they decide when they are announce these suspensions.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't overreact we have guys that can play very well at the position.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This secondary is not great by accident, they're great because Carroll is one of the best defensive minds in football. They'll be fine.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that drives me crazy is he has battled injuries his whole career and now finally he is healthy and getting a chance to start with Browner's injury. The organization has stuck by him and cut Winfield for him and he decides to hit the pipe and from I hear this isnt the 1st time. I think we will be fine, we were at our best last year when we didnt have him and Browner.

However he potentially cost himself the chance at a huge contract with that dumb decision.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I think the O.P. does over react too much. Yes, Thurmond screwed up. However, let's be honest, he did NOT take P.E.D.'s. I'm sure the four games (suspended) where he's contributing NOTHING towards the team is going to teach him a valuable lesson. That is, if his agent doesn't assault him with a tire iron first.....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He screwed up big time, but I don't see the point of cutting him now. Like you said... his contract ends at the end of the season anyway, so I don't think starting that process a few months early is really going to act as much of a deterrent to anyone that might think of doing something similar in the future. Besides, if this was going to happen at any position, corner might be the one position where the Seahawks can absorb the loss of a couple of players and still be okay. Even if it wasn't the deepest position on the team, this team has been winning without key players all season, so I'm confident that the next guy in line will find a way to step up and get the job done. The timing sucks, given who we're playing next, but even with Thurmond in there, winning was probably going to require the Seahawks offense to score a lot of points anyway. I honestly think that having Harvin back at full speed is going to be a bigger factor in this one than missing Thurmond will be, as good as Thurmond is.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him would be the worst move ever. All it would do would give another team a chance to pick up a quality corner just in time for their playoff run, and teams that need corners wouldn't mind him sitting for 4 games and then come in just in time to give their defense a boost. If anything, you bench him if you want to make a statement, but just cutting him loose could be what really hurts the Seahawks.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like stoker said, Thurmond is too talented not to be scooped up by another team almost immediately after the Seahawks cut him and he knows it, and he knows the Seahawks know it too; and if you think that won't come back to haunt the Seahawks at some point, you're nuts. There's a reason why the only people who get cut for things like this are no-names whose place on their team's roster is tenuous to begin with.

At least by getting whatever else you can from him the rest of this season and then letting him move on in free agency, you're not weakening your team for the playoffs and strengthening another team in the process. You keep him on for the rest of the season and let him go in free agency if you don't want to put up with the hassle of another potential suspension or injury, then replace him with another young veteran or another drafted player in the off-season.

The only way that cutting a player that talented would serve as a deterrent to other guys is if every team around the league decided to stop giving guys who are talented but who make stupid decisions a job. That's never going to happen. Talented players not only help teams win, but they help make teams money. We're gonna keep having situations like this as long as teams keep caring more about winning and making money than they do about making examples out of players so as to deter their other players from doing stupid stuff.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To reply to the thread I dont know if that would be the best answer because our pro bowl players were suspended/under scrutiny (browner,sherman,irvin etc) but nobody in their right mind will cut them? but when a second rate player becomes positive you cut him? shows a little favortism and the players might not like that, i think it would be better to have a long talk with him behind closed doors about how he really let us down and fucked things up but in public have his back....

trust me there is nobody more embarressed, ashamed, and feels like shit like walter thurmond right now

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To reply to the thread I dont know if that would be the best answer because our pro bowl players were suspended/under scrutiny (browner,sherman,irvin etc) but nobody in their right mind will cut them? but when a second rate player becomes positive you cut him? shows a little favortism and the players might not like that, i think it would be better to have a long talk with him behind closed doors about how he really let us down and fucked things up but in public have his back....

trust me there is nobody more embarressed, ashamed, and feels like shit like walter thurmond right now

I'm inclined to agree. With BB out this was Thurmond's chance to shine in a contract year and now he has to sit. This episode will end up costing him long term, not just 4 missed game checks. A strong showing during BB's absence would have brought him some big offers during free agency. Now? Probably not so much.

If we don't resign him someone surely will but instead of showing off his talents to the league for the next month he'll be gathering cobwebs. This was a very very expensive mistake on his part and he knows it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure WT3 feels like crap over this and we as fans are very disappointed and upset.
Walter doesn't have to look us in the eye and explain himself, but he does to his family, Pete and John, and probably Russell amongst others. He will have to look the LOB in the eyes and that should come as the heaviest weight considering the team meeting Kam called a few months ago. He let his brothers down and that is huge, but not insurmountable.
We all make mistakes. When we do a little forgiveness can go a long way.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Thurmond may be a strategic cut option IF the FO doesn't have plans to extend him. They get rid of a player earlier for a justifiable offense in exchange for some "fear" in the locker room surrounding the FO's decisions pertaining to positive drug tests.

At the same time, if Thurmond is looked at as a long term fixture in the secondary, then I'm guessing they wouldn't do anything.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Thurmond may be a strategic cut option IF the FO doesn't have plans to extend him. They get rid of a player earlier for a justifiable offense in exchange for some "fear" in the locker room surrounding the FO's decisions pertaining to positive drug tests.

At the same time, if Thurmond is looked at as a long term fixture in the secondary, then I'm guessing they wouldn't do anything.

Even if they were considering it, they can't do it now that Browner is apparently about to be suspended for 8 games.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out Browner got suspended too. Unfuckin believable lmao cut this whole damn team

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out Browner got suspended too. Unfuckin believable lmao cut this whole damn team

Browner or Thurmond don't represent this whole team… Next man up … They want to @#^ it up so be it then they suffer the consequences…. Thurmond will be back by the final game so hopefully he will learn something… IF not so be it then we move on without him… I"m ticked at Thurmond because he's playing good football and finally was injury free … Browner is basically done as a Seahawk unless this is BS and he appeals it and wins… Let's allow it to play out first…

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point, but I think our FO already knows their plans regarding BB and WT3 before these recent problems arose.
Prior to this weekends events I would have loved to sign both of them. If we had to let 1 walk and let the other be our #2 CB, as much as I would hate it I would sign WT3 mainly due to his age.

I am becoming convinced BB will be cut from the team. I think WT3 makes next years squad at a 40% chance.