• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter: NFL "besides itself", wants Chargers to move back

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, you might be in the minority...I'm sure a lot of fans are still pissed, but at the same time still in a state of shock. Should thismove continue to get a bad reception in LA and Spanos swallows his pride and came back to SD...I think the Chargers would be welcomed back with open arms.

I really think the best of both worlds would be for Spanos to come back and sell the team to an owner willing to build the downtown stadium.

The Falcons toyed with moving to the 'burbs imo as a ploy to get the city of ATL's attention that they were serious about a new stadium. ATL's public transportation is not developed enough imo to really even consider it. The Braves have moved to Cobb county (about 15-18 miles from downtown)...I think that will be a traffic nightmare.

Isn't Atlanta and Traffic Nightmare redundant?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Atlanta and Traffic Nightmare redundant?

LOL...yes.

But...from the northern 'burbs you can drive to a marta station (silly marta doesn't extend further northeast and northwest, but another topic) and train it into downtown for a game and not spend 2 hrs dealing with traffic. Now if you want to tailgate...for a 1p game, get on the road by 7-7:30 and you'll cruise in with no problem, but don't be in a hurry to leave after the game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter, whatta putz. I'll never forget when he jumped the gun on announcing the nfl defensive player of the year in 2010, and he announced clay matthews' name, but polamalu won it, lol

giphy.gif
Wow...2010??? that's some grudge you are holding there...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...2010??? that's some grudge you are holding there...

Grudge? Mrs Schefter, that you?? Just calling him as I see it, that is one of multiple examples of his fuck-ups.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA doesn't even want them, that is what the owners are really mad about. It's looking like a bad move commercially for the league.

The Rams have deep roots in LA, and will rebuild their fanbase there. Yes, they lost a whole generation of fans, but as a former resident I knew plenty of Rams fans and some pretty cool Rams bars that kept the flame alive during the greatest show on turf years, etc.

The Chargers...were never popular in LA proper, though they had their fans in the southern burbs. They are not an LA team, and will be the second fiddle team forever in that market.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grudge? Mrs Schefter, that you?? Just calling him as I see it, that is one of multiple examples of his fuck-ups.
He reported something he heard 6 years ago!!!

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because they were hoping their move approval threat would be enough to get sandiego to cave on building a new stadium.......
Exactly. Didn't work. If the owners are pissed they should look in the mirror.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA doesn't even want them, that is what the owners are really mad about. It's looking like a bad move commercially for the league.

The Rams have deep roots in LA, and will rebuild their fanbase there. Yes, they lost a whole generation of fans, but as a former resident I knew plenty of Rams fans and some pretty cool Rams bars that kept the flame alive during the greatest show on turf years, etc.

The Chargers...were never popular in LA proper, though they had their fans in the southern burbs. They are not an LA team, and will be the second fiddle team forever in that market.
Yep. Why do you think they won't disclose the progress of their season ticket sales? The Rams had sold 45k season tix within 48 hours.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So letting your basketball team head to the middle of fucking nowhere is the better answer?

To be fair, I don't like California either and agree with your post almost completely, but I was just pointing that out as Devil's Advocate.

Huge difference between the Chargers and Sonics. From all accounts politicians actual semi tried to keep the Chargers, all the Seattle politicians told David Stern to go fuck himself and told the NBA basketball has no sociological or cultural value to citizens of Seattle. San Diego at least seemed interested in keeping them, Seattle went out of their way to make sure the NBA never sets foot in the city again.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference between the Chargers and Sonics. From all accounts politicians actual semi tried to keep the Chargers, all the Seattle politicians told David Stern to go fuck himself and told the NBA basketball has no sociological or cultural value to citizens of Seattle. San Diego at least seemed interested in keeping them, Seattle went out of their way to make sure the NBA never sets foot in the city again.

Seattle politicians were ridiculous, but the fans certainly wanted to keep the Sonics, man they fought, but stupid politicians got in the way...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle politicians were ridiculous, but the fans certainly wanted to keep the Sonics, man they fought, but stupid politicians got in the way...

And citizens and fans kept/keep voting for the same council members and representatives. I wanted the Sonics too but when a Seattle councilman makes an overtly racist remark in front of Stern and the NBA I knew it was over and until Seattle, King County and the State of Washington changes their state color from die hard blue the Sonics will not come back....but like I said that is the difference between San Diego. At least their was a proposal, any proposal unlike Seattle.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners have no one to blame but themselves. They tried to leverage the new LA stadium into a new stadium for the Chargers. In doing so, they sanctioned a SD move to LA while also allowing the Chargers to defer the relocation fee to be paid in lower annual installments. Thus giving the Chargers the green light.

Now that SD called the NFL's bluff, and with the Chargers following through on the green light, proving they weren't in on the bluff, the owners are having buyer's remorse.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I guess when we are considering he has posted thousands upon thousands of pieces of information he is bound to get a few of them wrong. Really Schefter for the most part has been one of the most informed people in all of the NFL media world. He used to tick the Broncos off so much because he always knew who they were planning on taking in the 1st round a couple of days before the draft. They tried everything to fake him out sending false reports to his office and such and he just knew how to weed through all the junk to find the true piece of information.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter, whatta putz. I'll never forget when he jumped the gun on announcing the nfl defensive player of the year in 2010, and he announced clay matthews' name, but polamalu won it, lol

giphy.gif

Or when he insisted Favre was on a plane to Cikings training camp in 2011 while every single other reporter was stating unequivocally that Favre was in Mississippi and staying retired.

Seriously - Schefter has a bag of nothing.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess when we are considering he has posted thousands upon thousands of pieces of information he is bound to get a few of them wrong. Really Schefter for the most part has been one of the most informed people in all of the NFL media world. He used to tick the Broncos off so much because he always knew who they were planning on taking in the 1st round a couple of days before the draft. They tried everything to fake him out sending false reports to his office and such and he just knew how to weed through all the junk to find the true piece of information.

meh. i find him overhyped.