• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scary thing about my draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the scariest thing about a draft!!

Let's pretend I FORFEITED the first SIX rounds to my league mates last year.

Here's my team
Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor (Cam and Palmer also nice, but I'm making a point)
Freeman, Chris Johnson, David Johnson, Woodhead, Dion Lewis, Karlos Williams (and maybe I grabbed DWill)
Watkins, Robinson, Decker, Baldwin, Lockett,
Not Gronk or Olsen and will even take away Reed and Walker.... take your pick.
kicker
defense

.....so tell me why we need a strategy?
Well can I draft fleener in round 6?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 top 15 RB's is pretty solid, dunno what your laughing at unless it's yourself. .and Jones who? ? There hasn't been a Jones that would considered part of a "solid" foursome. .by the way, a foursome is a quartet, a tandem is a twosome, anyways, the last Jones to be relevant at RB was Thomas if I'm not mistaken.
Congrats on getting DWILL, but the credit goes to Bell for getting hurt/suspended and creating a worthwhile option for you to go get, and I honestly can't even tell if your looking for sympathy, credit, or trying to blame someone for going and getting Lacy and Allen, but I can promise you I sure wasnt someone who suggested any of that.

I made the trade for Lacy before week 14. He did well for me that week and week 16 he got a TD. He was a improvement from Gore, who was just riding my bench. Matt Jones was the RB I was talking about and no that RB group was not good enough to win. If I did not get DWill I could have missed the playoffs especially given his big week week 9 where I won a blockbuster matchup(171 I scored other was 150 something), but that's the thing you have to make moves on FA to win. The one move that backfired on me was picking the wrong KC back over West. But this board got it so wrong, Gurley was the only major back, Gore was inconsistent and disappeared when Luck got hurt(fluke TD at Pittsburgh), Ingram took a backseat to Cooks, and Jones just never panned out outside of his big game against NO. Also, the Abdullah lovefest was pretty laughable I can't believe I bought into it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you saying? That we should focus on positions later and just draft the BPA early?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that you let the draft come to you, be the draft, feel the draft, its impossible to plan it

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of these guys are injury prone.
If you want to limit your choices because of injury history, I have a present for you.
Here are ALL of the players who have not missed a single game in the last 3 seasons:
QB
Matt Ryan; Philip Rivers; Matthew Stafford; Tom Brady; Ryan Tannehill; Russell Wilson; Eli Manning.
RB
Frank Gore; Lamar Miller; Alfred Morris; Anthony Dixon; Kyle Juszczyk; Anthony Sherman.
WR
Antonio Brown; Demaryius Thomas; DeAndre Hopkins; Golden Tate; Pierre Garcon; Doug Baldwin; Torrey Smith; Rueben Randle; Mike Wallace; Terrance Williams; Mohamed Sanu; Riley Cooper; Jarius Wright; Cordarrelle Patterson; Chris Hogan; Jason Avant; Darrius Heyward-Bey; Jaron Brown; Brandon Tate; Eric Weems.
TE
Greg Olsen; Jason Witten; Coby Fleener; Jared Cook; Brent Celek; Mychal Rivera; Jim Dray; Ed Dickson;
Levine Toilolo.

And these guys are not consistent week to week with 20 points.
These are the weekly inconsistent scores of which 3 players? (non-PPR)

19 27 10 4 4 2 12 10 28 27 5 23 8 30 6 22
26 13 28 3 12 9 15 20 13 16 5 9 8 17 23 14
4 20 13 3 18 12 3 31 10 16 20 20 28 13 0 5

Antonio Brown (top); Julio Jones (next); and Odell Beckham Jr. (bottom)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to limit your choices because of injury history, I have a present for you.
Here are ALL of the players who have not missed a single game in the last 3 seasons:
QB
Matt Ryan; Philip Rivers; Matthew Stafford; Tom Brady; Ryan Tannehill; Russell Wilson; Eli Manning.
RB
Frank Gore; Lamar Miller; Alfred Morris; Anthony Dixon; Kyle Juszczyk; Anthony Sherman.
WR
Antonio Brown; Demaryius Thomas; DeAndre Hopkins; Golden Tate; Pierre Garcon; Doug Baldwin; Torrey Smith; Rueben Randle; Mike Wallace; Terrance Williams; Mohamed Sanu; Riley Cooper; Jarius Wright; Cordarrelle Patterson; Chris Hogan; Jason Avant; Darrius Heyward-Bey; Jaron Brown; Brandon Tate; Eric Weems.
TE
Greg Olsen; Jason Witten; Coby Fleener; Jared Cook; Brent Celek; Mychal Rivera; Jim Dray; Ed Dickson;
Levine Toilolo.

So if I had AB and ODB in the championship last year, they would have given me a combined six points?!?!@!?!?

That's it... off my draft board!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
RB
WR
TE
Levine Toilolo.

This is about QB. I will take the QBs I want.

What the heck is this letting the draft come to you? Please explain, if I see a big player there I will take him but that has not been the case early. It was with Gurley and Eiffert and I took them. It's been otherwise hard for players to fall in your lap but that could be because of keepers. There is no keepers this time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the heck is this letting the draft come to you? Please explain, if I see a big player there I will take him but that has not been the case early. It was with Gurley and Eiffert and I took them. It's been otherwise hard for players to fall in your lap but that could be because of keepers. There is no keepers this time.
if your taking who you want? getting defensive, and @averagejoe posts stats that include qb's for you, what more do you want? he posts qb starts and you argue the thread is about qb's? why even make this thread if you dont want advice and are gonna take who you want

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif
We have explained this to you countless times, using countless different methods of explanation, over the time span of multiple years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of these guys are injury prone. And some of them have tough matchups. And these guys are not consistent week to week with 20 points. Flacco's schedule is a little easier(if Dallas isn't healthy week 11) but I can see him struggling at some places. I have a limited choice of players because I am looking for the due process more than anything. The undervalued is also a big one. I just am not going to draft Taylor and Ryan when they play the NFC West. I have individual reasons for why I won't draft many of those players I mentioned. They do lack consistent 17+ performances also. And I am talking about six points for TDs here.

I will take Rivers because before Allen got hurt last year he was the top QB in the leaue and his production declined because of the injury. Now enter Benjamin and the reunion with Wiz+an easier schedule. Cousins you would think should have a big year, but it's that team he's on. They have been occupying that last place spot at least every other year in the division and the NFC East has been the most unpredictable division. That team has always had some crazy stuff happen to them. I have yet to look at QB game logs from last year but I have seen the ugly from those QBs and it's not something I want on my team. Also, I don't have room for two QBs.

I've never eliminated anyone from my list. I move them to where is appropriate and then I see how the draft falls. Every player has some potential to help some weeks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never eliminated anyone from my list. I move them to where is appropriate and then I see how the draft falls. Every player has some potential to help some weeks.
So definitively ur drafting Jordan Mathews in round 8, but only if desean Jackson is there in round 12

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So definitively ur drafting Jordan Mathews in round 8, but only if desean Jackson is there in round 12

Huh? Is this one of those "only 50% of the posts will be coherent in Brees threads" kind of thing.

Looks like in that case I'd end up with Matthews and Desean. Good value is good value.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your taking who you want? getting defensive, and @averagejoe posts stats that include qb's for you, what more do you want? he posts qb starts and you argue the thread is about qb's? why even make this thread if you dont want advice and are gonna take who you want

He brought up the top three ranked overall players that are receivers. This was not about who I was taking round 1.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay you know what I'm gonna go ahead and get the QB stats.

Starting with Flacco, Taylor, Cutler, and Dalton.

Flacco(10 games)
Games with 20+>:(Oak(2), Cin(3), Cle(5), @SF(6), SD(8), Jac(his biggest game)(10)
Games 17-19:
Games under 17>:(Pit(4), @Ari(7), StL(11)

So he has some interesting stats. But against short rest and the tougher defenses he does not do enough. He had 11, 14, and 13 in those games. Looking at his schedule, it looks favorable. Fantasy playoffs though are @NE, Phi, and @Pit, the latter being championship week. So maybe

Taylor(14 games)
Games with 30+(he's a little more in demand):NE(2), @Mia(3), @KC(12), Hou(13)
Games with 20+>:(Ten(5), @Was(15)
Games 17-19:Ind(1), Mia(9), @Phi(14), NYJ(17)
Games under 17:NYG(4), @NYJ(10), @NE(worst performance)(11), Dal(16)

Now he had some great games, but only 6 over 20. That's less than half of his total games. Also, the under 17 were rightful road games at NE and NYJ, Dal had a good secondary, and NYG has always shown to shut down a flawed offense especially when on the road. His best games were when playing in games where he had to pass and the secondaries were not that threatening. Miami, KC, Was were those teams. Tennessee could stop the run last year forcing him to be productive. However, he struggled in December when weather got colder only posting one 20+ game. His schedule next year consists of road games at Seattle, LA, Oakland, NE, NYJ, Mia Baltimore, and Cincinatti. Where only the latter three he could do well against. His home games are against Arizona, SF, Jacksonville, NE, NYJ, Mia, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland where in those games he's in trouble against Arizona, NYJ(because of short rest), and perhaps Pittsburgh. If Miami is like last year's game he won't be throwing much. Week 2, 3, 4, 5 are all tough starts and that's enough reason to stay away especially since I could see him getting dropped. Also, with a tougher schedule comes being exposed and gives other teams film on how to stop the bills. And usually when a qb gets out of rhythym is when injury occurs. If you look at the schedule this isn't Buffalo's year and they are contention for a top three pick.

Cutler(15 games)
Games 20+:Oak(4), @KC(5), Min(8), @SD(9), @StL(his best game)(10), Was(14)
Games 17-19>:(Det(6), @Min(15),
Games under 17:GB(1), Arizona(2), Den(11), @GB(12), SF(his worst game)(13), @TB(16), Det(17)

Wait he improved, right? Look at all the under 17 games lol. Not only that look at where those games are, three in division. Two others under 20. SF and TB? Yeah he gets White to throw to, but Cutler has not been that kind of qb to excel with more targets. He just does not do enough against teams other qbs do more against. And his schedule starts out @Houston(just no), Phi, @Dal(not sure), Detroit, and @Ind. @GB on three days rest like last year, bye, @TB, @NYG. Do not like those odds. Ten is gonna be interesting, and SF again. The playoffs may look a little more appealing if he can take advantage of Detroit regressing. But too many average to below average games before then.

Dalton(12.25 games)
Games 30+>:(Bal(3), Sea(5),
Games 20+>:(Oak(1), SD(2), @Buf(6), Cle(9), @Ari(11), StL(12), @Cle(13)
Games under 20:KC(4), @Pit(8), Hou(technically second worst game)(10), Pit(worst game but got hurt)(14)

The under 20 games, three of them were under even 17. He's lost Jones also and might be without Eiffert early. Therefore, he could have problems especially @NYJ, @Pit, Den to start. Fantasy playoffs consist of @Cleveland, Pittsburgh and @Houston on five days rest. I don't think I can afford a slow start given my draft plans. His best bets are Mia, @Dal, Cle, Was, Buf, @Bal, Phi, and @Cle.

So out of this group I like Flacco.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next up, Stafford, Smith, Tannehill, and TB.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford(16 games)
Games 30+:Chi(his second best game)(6), Phi(his best game)(12), @Chi(17)
Games 20+: @Min(2), Min(7), Oak(11), GB(13), @NO(15), SF(16),
Games 17-19: @SD(1), @GB(10), @StL(14),
Games under 17: Den(3), @Sea(4), Ari(his worst game)(5), vs.KC(8)

He started off sluggish, then the team fired the OC. He had 9 games total 20 or above but when it comes to tougher teams he's not gonna show up. His first game at Indy can actually go either way. Indy's run defense has been a bigger problem than their pass defense. Three road games in first four weeks. GB hasn't been his best place and Chicago know longer has to deal with Megatron. There's a three game homestand afterward followed by @Houston, @Minnesota, another decent three games(we'll see @NO though), and fantasy playoffs vs Chi, @NYG, @Dal. I just think there's better options.

Smith(16 games)
Games 20+: Hou(1), Det(best game)(8), Buf(12), @Oak(13), Cle(16), Oak(17)
Games 17-19: @GB(3), @Cin(4), @Min(6), @Den(10), SD(14),
Games under 17: Den(worst game)(2), Chi(5), Pit(7), @SD(11), @Bal(15)
Playoffs
@Hou:under 17
@NE:17-19

He's basically the game manager of all game managers. He gets the 16-19 points often with the occasional big games. Could be more of the same next year, except Oakland will be tougher. And there are games at Carolina, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Denver where there could be some bad outings. He's the kind of qb you can get off FA.

Tannehill(and we all know I can't draft him)(16 games)
Games 20+: @Jac(2), Hou(best game)(7), @Phi(10), NE(17)
Games 17-19:Buf(3), @Ten(6), Dal(11), @NYJ(12), NYG(14),
Games under 17: @Was(1), NYJ(4), @NE(worst game)(8), @Buf(9), Bal(13), @SD(15), Ind(16)

And supposedly a new coach is going to make him better. He's got a long ways to improve. @Sea, @NE, @Cin three of first four weeks. Playoffs Ari, @NYJ, @Buf. If he improves he's another one who will probably end up on waivers.

Bridgewater
Games 20+: Det(2), @Det(7), GB(11), Chi(best game)(15),
Games 17-19: @Den(4), @Ari(14),
Games under 17: @SF(1), SD( second worst game)(3), KC(6), @Chi(8), StL(9), @Oak(10), @Atl(12), Sea(second worst game tied)(13), NYG(16), GB(worst game)(17)

Playoffs
Sea:under 17
Pro Bowl:under 17

Those three worst games were 2, 2, and 1 points. The under 17 games were mostly under 10. This is AP's team. And the schedule for TB next year isn't much better. NFC East is a upgrade from NFC West, but he was horrid against NYG last year and Dallas should be healthy by then. The AFC South is looking to be tougher defensively and that could be equal to AFC West from last year. Treadwell is not the right fit for this team so I see no improvement. He's also waiver wire material.

So out of this list I like Smith best but all of them are not worth drafting.

Next up Winston, Marriota, and Cousins.

Last edited: