• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Ratings

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kaep and all but the fact that certain people are acting like he is the reason behind the low ratings is just hilarious to me

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of viewers are moving to streaming

Ratings - Super Bowl LIII Draws Total Viewership of 100.7 Million | TheFutonCritic.com

"Super Bowl LIII was watched on CBS in all-or-part* by 149.0 million (Persons 2+) viewers on an all-or-part basis according to Nielsen's Fast Total Audience Estimates.

Streaming coverage of Super Bowl LIII set viewership records, with the game streamed across more platforms than ever. Across 7.5 million unique devices, up +20% from last year, viewers consumed more than 560 million total minutes of live game coverage, up +19% from last year. The average minute audience of 2.6 million viewers during the game window is up +31% year-over-year." [via press release from CBS]

And thats just counting legal streams

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of viewers are moving to streaming

Ratings - Super Bowl LIII Draws Total Viewership of 100.7 Million | TheFutonCritic.com

"Super Bowl LIII was watched on CBS in all-or-part* by 149.0 million (Persons 2+) viewers on an all-or-part basis according to Nielsen's Fast Total Audience Estimates.

Streaming coverage of Super Bowl LIII set viewership records, with the game streamed across more platforms than ever. Across 7.5 million unique devices, up +20% from last year, viewers consumed more than 560 million total minutes of live game coverage, up +19% from last year. The average minute audience of 2.6 million viewers during the game window is up +31% year-over-year." [via press release from CBS]

And thats just counting legal streams

so, about 7.5 million fewer people watched it on TV but 1.5 million more people streamed it. Net loss of 6 million viewers unless there were many more illegal streamers. Why would someone stream it illegally though if there were so many different options to stream legally. Do all of the apps that streamed it cost money?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, about 7.5 million fewer people watched it on TV but 1.5 million more people streamed it. Net loss of 6 million viewers unless there were many more illegal streamers. Why would someone stream it illegally though if there were so many different options to stream legally. Do all of the apps that streamed it cost money?

Brah, you can't even listen to regular season NFL games of your local team on free aps enabling you to tune into local radio broadcasts (commercials included) of them without them silencing the stations throughout game time. I tried that a few years ago on iHeartradio I believe it was, and the NFL had clamped down on it even though it was ultimately no different than listening to the game with an actual radio. Promptly deleted the ap after that, as I have absolutely zero use for an ap to play commercials and crappy mainstream radio music. So that being said, I'd be shocked to see them allow free legal streaming of the games, let alone the Superbowl.

Also, who's Kaep, OP? The name sort of rings a bell, but I can't seem to quite put my finger on it. Maybe some guy who has been out of the league for a few years now?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brah, you can't even listen to regular season NFL games of your local team on free aps enabling you to tune into local radio broadcasts (commercials included) of them without them silencing the stations throughout game time. I tried that a few years ago on iHeartradio I believe it was, and the NFL had clamped down on it even though it was ultimately no different than listening to the game with an actual radio. Promptly deleted the ap after that, as I have absolutely zero use for an ap to play commercials and crappy mainstream radio music. So that being said, I'd be shocked to see them allow free legal streaming of the games, let alone the Superbowl.

Also, who's Kaep, OP? The name sort of rings a bell, but I can't seem to quite put my finger on it. Maybe some guy who has been out of the league for a few years now?

Colin Kaepernick. The guy who started the whole kneeling thing and started to bring his political views into an event where people just want to watch a fuckin' sports game and not be reminded of some perceived INJUSTICE in our society.

As Burr once did a bit on Conan, can we just watch a fuckin' game without some stupid political shit or stand up for cancer crap? Sports is like the one place to get away from things, or at least it used to be.

Even movies now (especially good ol' Disney) shoehorn in political messages 24/7.

That said, stating there's a correlation of politics and lost viewership is stupid because there's no proof on it. Having the OPINION their MAY be, is a different story - which I think most level headed people are saying. "Viewership might be down because xyz!" Some SJW dork will counter, "OH YAH SHOW ME THE FACTS!" "I didn't say it was, I just think it might be." SJW: "WELL YOU CAN'T SAY THAT AND YOU'RE RACIST AND BLKJA:SLRU@)($&*!!!!!"

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ratings were down because people didn't like the match up. Seen the Pats too many times to care. The game also sucked which probably didn't help.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of people don't want to bother with downloading a new app when you can just use a illegal Reddit or Twitch stream at no risk.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is acting like Kaepernick is the issue with the ratings? He is irrelevant, much like his cause AFAIC.

The ratings were down because people are tired of the Patriots, felt the Rams got in through the back door, and generally felt it was a poor matchup. Guaranteed had it been Saints/Chiefs.....better game/ratings.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is acting like Kaepernick is the issue with the ratings? He is irrelevant, much like his cause AFAIC.

The ratings were down because people are tired of the Patriots, felt the Rams got in through the back door, and generally felt it was a poor matchup. Guaranteed had it been Saints/Chiefs.....better game/ratings.

Most people don't watch as fans of a team - they watch to see the Patriots lose!!!!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ratings were down because people didn't like the match up. Seen the Pats too many times to care. The game also sucked which probably didn't help.
Even the commercials were lame.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Saints/Chiefs match-up would have been dynamite.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the matchup the NFL wanted. They made sure it happened . They desperately wanted the rams in the superbowl