• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Say it aint so Jurgen Klinsmann...

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We struggled against Honduras and Mexico without him , it was obvious we needed him and now this:

"On Thursday afternoon the United States men’s national soccer team announced its roster for its upcoming slate of five games, and Landon Donovan was left off of it.
Jurgen Klinsmann’s team will play two friendlies against Belgium and Germany, then jump into three important World Cup qualifiers against Jamaica, Panama and Honduras. Donovan, the nation’s all-time leading scorer will not be with the squad.
Donovan has fallen a bit out of favor with Klinsmann following his brief hiatus from the sport this past winter. He returned to his club team, the Los Angeles Galaxy, on March 30 of this year and has been in excellent form since. But he has yet to earn his way back onto the national team despite a desire to continue playing internationally."

:wtf2::lame::hellno:

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
fuck donovan....it was his choice to frolic about....and we went to azteca and got a point...thats a fantastic result.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then we're fucked in June. I don't see a better play maker in the squad based on who has played his position lately.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Well then we're fucked in June. I don't see a better play maker in the squad based on who has played his position lately.

donovan isnt a spring chicken....time for altidore to step up.....that will never happen with a decrepid has been like donovan getting run out to not produce....we are sitting in good shape right now...we get honduras and mexico at home...we have weathered the storm...without landon....fuck him to pieces

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree .... its Bradley's time now

Professor X is the man

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donovan isnt a spring chicken....time for altidore to step up.....that will never happen with a decrepid has been like donovan getting run out to not produce....we are sitting in good shape right now...we get honduras and mexico at home...we have weathered the storm...without landon....fuck him to pieces

the U.S. travels to Jamaica on June 7, plays Panama four days later in Seattle, and then faces Honduras in Salt Lake City on June 18.

We need at least 7 points from these 9 available...worst case would be 4.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting like being without Donovan is a good thing is just stupid. It'd be awesome for him to make the team again. Idc if he has to suck Jurgens cock every day as long as he's back on this team cause we're loads better with him

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that he wasnt being called for the next wave of games in June and that it was the Coaches decision for that set of games... we'll see for the August games but I dont see him being called back if he misses these ones in June.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some national teams and coaches don't look kindly on players that decline invitations to the team for a game or extended period......the players often have a harder time getting back into the team when they do want back in.

This is a bit more interesting of a situation, because obviously the team could use him right now, while on the other hand he'll be 32 by the time World Cup rolls around and its hard to count on guys that age.....so they need to have some options available. Maybe Klinsmann just figures he can easily slot Donovan back in at whatever time he thinks he needs him, but wants to look at some other guys at the position for the next few games. You have to balance the necessity between qualifying for the World Cup and preparing the team to play in the Cup itself.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think that the players on the squad who have played with Donovan (bradley, Demsey, Jones Maybe Cherundolo or Bocanegra) are going to speak up for him with Klinsman. Dude needs to put his ego aside, grow up and quit the schoolgirl grudge shit. If Donovan is willing to put in the work , put him in the team. He's the best you got.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think that the players on the squad who have played with Donovan (bradley, Demsey, Jones Maybe Cherundolo or Bocanegra) are going to speak up for him with Klinsman. Dude needs to put his ego aside, grow up and quit the schoolgirl grudge shit. If Donovan is willing to put in the work , put him in the team. He's the best you got.

And so he is proving it now in the Gold Cup...no doubt he is back in the US team for the Qualifiers in Sept.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so he is proving it now in the Gold Cup...no doubt he is back in the US team for the Qualifiers in Sept.

He's playing against a bunch of minnows. I believe he'll get his chance in the qualifiers, but klinsman was smart to let him know he'd have to earn it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing against a bunch of minnows. I believe he'll get his chance in the qualifiers, but klinsman was smart to let him know he'd have to earn it.

I agree. I think Donovan still has plenty in the tank and I think it was a good move to make him earn it. Bill Parcells used to do this all the time with vets, just have to push buttons sometimes to get all you can out of guys.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it sets the tone for the rest of the team. If Landon can be left off thet eam, anybody can. Players realize they will have to earn their spots.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it sets the tone for the rest of the team. If Landon can be left off thet eam, anybody can. Players realize they will have to earn their spots.

Agree...just hard to do so to someone who has proven it before.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not read too much into this: Belize, Cuba, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras... all at home. If he puts in two goals against Panama and we destroy them then maybe I'll be impressed.

Donovan should be on the World Cup roster but no longer the focal point of the team. That needs to be Altidore, Bradley, and Dempsey. Beating up on CONCACAF is fun, but largely meaningless.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not read too much into this: Belize, Cuba, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras... all at home. If he puts in two goals against Panama and we destroy them then maybe I'll be impressed.

Donovan should be on the World Cup roster but no longer the focal point of the team. That needs to be Altidore, Bradley, and Dempsey. Beating up on CONCACAF is fun, but largely meaningless.

It's less about the result and more about the style and overall product. We're finally playing a fluid, dynamic, and aggressive style that creates opportunities to score beautiful goals in te run of play. Even in years past when we had good teams they relied too much on set plays and just out athleting other teams.