• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Santo FINALLY in the Hall.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the late, great Ron Santo! Should have been in there a long time ago.

His hall of fame speech would have been. Great!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of Santo items, from this date in history, 6/26.

1960 With help of Ron Santo‚ making his major league debut‚ the Cubs sweep a doubleheader from first-place Pittsburgh, 7-5 and 7-6. The rookie third baseman goes 3-for-7, driving in five runs during the twin bill at Forbes Field.

1966 Ron Santo is struck in the face by a pitch thrown by Mets' starter Jack Fisher. The Cubs third baseman's fractured cheek, which will be operated on tomorrow, ends his record consecutive streak at the hot corner at 390 games, but his 27-game hitting streak, one shy of the franchise mark, stays intact with a first-inning single.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to create a special committee to get him inducted after he died. Its time to put a limit on this special shit. I guess his numbers should get Mark Grace in the hall of fame, he was a .300 hitter that didnt juice without Vodka. Santo was a decent third baseman, but no reason to be hall of fame worthy, especially after he died.

I wish the family would have given a speech ripping the hall for keeping him out while he was breathing.