• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Antonio turns off the AC for first game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that like ND growing the grass for the SC games

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a smart move. Thought it would back fire because Spurs starts are older. LOL Good game for most part until the last 3-4 min.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would turn it off again for game two. The lack of AC cost the heat the game because Lebron left with cramps. I hate the heat and Lebron so i'll take any win I can get.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be pretty funny if they kept the AC off to mess with James.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly never understood the "complaint" by USC coaches/players/fans that ND let the grass grow too long. In the same sense that I don't understand how turning the A/C off only hurts Miami. As pointed out above, a lot of San Antonio's top talent are hardly spring chickens. I suspect their bodies take more of a beating than most on the Heat roster. I guess if they have more depth they can substitute more and stay fresh, but it "should be" a detriment to both sides, yet SA found a way to put up 30 in the 4th quarter. I guess if its the difference between making Lebron a mortal as opposed to the basketball god that he is, then there is an advantage, but beyond that, it shouldn't have been a benefit to only one team.

Same with the grass. For years we've heard how it slowed down their speedsters. ND's field has been notoriously bad to play on, I suspect that if it was kept short, they'd be slipping because the root structure is very weak in the sod. But if our players are slower by comparison to other teams (and we are constantly told how "slow" ND is compared to just about every opponent they face), then the tall grass should slow us down also.

In any event, its somewhat of a moot point, as we now get FieldTurf, and we've recruited some speed in recent years. I personally think that we'll fare better on this surface. The team was notably faster and made plays on both sides of the ball against ASU in JerryWorld last year. I'd like to see our speed at the skill positions be an advantage for a change.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with the grass. For years we've heard how it slowed down their speedsters. ND's field has been notoriously bad to play on, I suspect that if it was kept short, they'd be slipping because the root structure is very weak in the sod. But if our players are slower by comparison to other teams (and we are constantly told how "slow" ND is compared to just about every opponent they face), then the tall grass should slow us down also.

In any event, its somewhat of a moot point, as we now get FieldTurf, and we've recruited some speed in recent years. I personally think that we'll fare better on this surface. The team was notably faster and made plays on both sides of the ball against ASU in JerryWorld last year. I'd like to see our speed at the skill positions be an advantage for a change.

"You guys haven't seen a team with Miami's speed." :laugh3:

20121006_lbm_sc6_402.0_standard_709.0.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly never understood the "complaint" by USC coaches/players/fans that ND let the grass grow too long. In the same sense that I don't understand how turning the A/C off only hurts Miami. As pointed out above, a lot of San Antonio's top talent are hardly spring chickens. I suspect their bodies take more of a beating than most on the Heat roster. I guess if they have more depth they can substitute more and stay fresh, but it "should be" a detriment to both sides, yet SA found a way to put up 30 in the 4th quarter. I guess if its the difference between making Lebron a mortal as opposed to the basketball god that he is, then there is an advantage, but beyond that, it shouldn't have been a benefit to only one team.

I understand the complaint. I've been to quite a few college (and pro) football games in my life and when i walked into ND stadium that afternoon in 2005 the very first thing i said was "what the hell? did they fire the grounds keeper?". My buddy chimed in "you'd think ND could afford a lawnmower". It was the first time I saw a kick returner blow out his knee backpeddleing .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are just the better all around team. Miami has the better player but Spurs have the better team. 2 blow outs for Spurs already.