• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban offers, recruit declines

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban to UGA recruit: “I’ll offer, if you commit … TODAY” | AJC College Sports Recruiting

“It was a great conversation, and right at the end he said ‘I’ll offer you a scholarship to Alabama if you commit … today.’ Then he paused, waiting for a response. He took me by surprise by saying all of that.”

“Then we started talking again, and I just kind of told him that I was honored but I’m staying with Georgia. And it was an honor. That was Nick Saban, and that will probably be a conversation that I will never forget.”

“I don’t know what the deal is with all the offers after I committed to Georgia,” Wiggins said with a laugh. “When the colleges come up to my high school, they ask me ‘Are you with Georgia?’ My response is ‘I’m 100 percent with Georgia’ and then they’re like ‘We’re still going to put an offer on the table.’ I guess it’s a good thing, and I appreciate the offers, but I’m going to Georgia.”

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an ingenious recruiting approach by Saban. If Wiggins takes the deal, Saban wins one of Mark Richt's recruits in Hollywood fashion. If Wiggins declines (which he did), then technically Alabama never offered

Meanwhile UGA is reportedly making progress with Bama commit Reuben Foster, who visiting over the weekend.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we never offered right? ... :lol:

I hear we got a great shot at reeling in both Robert Nkemdiche and Reuben Foster, so hopefully Foster sticks with the tide.