• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban goes after satellite camps, Harbaugh goes after Saban

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps that Harbaugh was busy dominating the NFL, where Saban failed miserably.
While I will agree (and the records support) that Harbaugh was much better in the NFL than Saban, in no way was Harbaugh "dominating" the NFL. That's pure delusion. Hell, his brother is closer to being NFL "dominating" than he is.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully admit that Saban is the better coach, and is probably the GOAT (5 titles in the BCS & Beyond era? Absurd...the biggest knock is his team choked badly in 08/09 SEC title game and last year vs. Ohio State....where most programs would love to be in that role).

But this hate on satellite camps is nonsense. It's good for the game.

More kids are getting exposure. More kids will be found. More opportunities.

These aren't "bad for CFB," they're bad for the SEC. And yes those are separate.

Ding, ding, ding.......winner. I have said that repeatedly. SEC fans will tell you how you are wrong and to just wait, because the SEC coaches will do satellite camps bigger and better than everyone else and the SEC isnt against them because they are trying to protect their recruiting footprint. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I will agree (and the records support) that Harbaugh was much better in the NFL than Saban, in no way was Harbaugh "dominating" the NFL. That's pure delusion. Hell, his brother is closer to being NFL "dominating" than he is.
There is no dominating coach in the NFL. The closest you will find is Bill Belichick. The NFL has parity because it is the closest you will find to a level playong field, as the worst teams get to draft the best players the next year.

That being said -- every single team in the NFL would take a coach who went to 3 straight conference championship games and won 2 division titles in 4 years.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Especially when they were a blown DPI call away from Jim being the champ (although if they get that call correct I think it's unlikely he's at UM).

Kind sad how the officials have ruined 2 of the last 3 SBs with horribly missed DPI calls at the very end of games.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less if he fires a coach after the fact. If he has control over his own staff, it'd never happen in the first place.

Sweet jesus, this made me literally LOL.

I feel 100% certain you have never run anything in your life. I bet you are not even the head coach of your son's T-ball team, you are probably the assistant coach's assistant...in charge of putting the ball on the T.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet jesus, this made me literally LOL.

I feel 100% certain you have never run anything in your life. I bet you are not even the head coach of your son's T-ball team, you are probably the assistant coach's assistant...in charge of putting the ball on the T.
Yes, I know, Saban has no idea what his coaches are doing while recruiting. I'm sure they have free reign to do whatever they'd like. :L

And Ive run my own vending company for many years and I schedule everything my employees do.

Saban runs the football program and he sure doesn't seem like a guy who is going to allow his coaches to do their own thing, ESPECIALLY in the most important part of the college game (recruiting)

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully admit that Saban is the better coach, and is probably the GOAT (5 titles in the BCS & Beyond era? Absurd...the biggest knock is his team choked badly in 08/09 SEC title game and last year vs. Ohio State....where most programs would love to be in that role).

But this hate on satellite camps is nonsense. It's good for the game.

More kids are getting exposure. More kids will be found. More opportunities.

These aren't "bad for CFB," they're bad for the SEC. And yes those are separate.

GTFO. A 7 point loss to a national champon and an 11 point loss to a national champion is far from a choke. Discredits your whole post.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no dominating coach in the NFL. The closest you will find is Bill Belichick. The NFL has parity because it is the closest you will find to a level playong field, as the worst teams get to draft the best players the next year.

That being said -- every single team in the NFL would take a coach who went to 3 straight conference championship games and won 2 division titles in 4 years.

Every team except San Ferisco.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO. A 7 point loss to a national champon and an 11 point loss to a national champion is far from a choke. Discredits your whole post.

Didn't you blow a 10 point lead in that SEC game?

And i'm still trying to figure out how they lost to OSU and a 3rd string QB.

They were chokes. It happens. But when those are the biggest blemishes, you're a pretty darn good coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every single team in the NFL would take a coach who went to 3 straight conference championship games and won 2 division titles in 4 years.

giphy (1).gif

BULLSHIT! No way N.E. would rather have Jimmy Jam over BB. Nice homeristic try though. :L...:crazy:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 124335

BULLSHIT! No way N.E. would rather have Jimmy Jam over BB. Nice homeristic try though. :L...:crazy:
I didn't mean it as any team would want Harbaugh.
It was meant as a generic response. Any team in the NFL would want a coach if they knew he'd lead them to 3 straight conference championship games and 2 division titles in 4 years

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 124335

And Bill Belichick is the best coach in all of football. I wouldn't fathom trying to compare Harbaugh to him, as there is no comparison.

Players literally take less money just to play for Belichick. That is unheard of in the NFL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean it as any team would want Harbaugh.
It was meant as a generic response. Any team in the NFL would want a coach if they knew he'd lead them to 3 straight conference championship games and 2 division titles in 4 years

:pound:

Oh so now you're saying you didn't mean any team would want him yet you said...

"every single team in the NFL"

Your over the top homerism is hilarious.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bill Belichick is the best coach in all of football. I wouldn't fathom trying to compare Harbaugh to him, as there is no comparison.

Players literally take less money just to play for Belichick. That is unheard of in the NFL.

More never ending blah-blah-blah from you. If ya didn't mean that every team in the NFL would want him ya shouldn't have said that in the first place.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Especially when they were a blown DPI call away from Jim being the champ (although if they get that call correct I think it's unlikely he's at UM).

Kind sad how the officials have ruined 2 of the last 3 SBs with horribly missed DPI calls at the very end of games.
You considering winning one Super Bowl dominating?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You considering winning one Super Bowl dominating?

Yes, dont you remember when Trent Dilfer dominated the NFL that one year as the QB of the Ravens. Best QB in the league that year due to his SB ring. :doh:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, dont you remember when Trent Dilfer dominated the NFL that one year as the QB of the Ravens. Best QB in the league that year due to his SB ring. :doh:
There have been several of those over the years IIRC. Even with some franchises history, I still don't think they "dominated" other than a few brief periods.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban didn't call out Harbaugh. A reporter SPECIFICALLY asked Saban if he holds it against Harbaugh that his June schedule has been disrupted. Saban is even on record saying that this is not about Harbaugh (using Bama's Bo Davis resignation as an example to support his statement), and that he wouldn't have even mentioned Harbaugh had he not been specifically asked to do so. So quit acting like Harbaugh is "justified" in acting like a teen girl in yet another tweet. Saban IS obligated to answer questions from the media. It's prob his least fav part of his job, but it's a part of it nonetheless. Harbaugh on the other hand, is not obligated by anything other than his incessant need for attention to "tweet" a response.