• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban finally speaks about 10 second rule

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not backpedaling, this has been his stance all along. He hasnt changed a thing. He stated in this about player safety, he also talked about speed of the game and best on best. This is all the same things he has talked on in the past and I am sure exactly what he spoke on in the meeting with much more depth.

Let me ask this of anyone in here. What does he have to gain by backpedaling? Your respect? like he needs it or even cares about it. What i find laughable is that it wouldnt matter if he said anything at all or told you the truth, he is still going to be labeled a liar. That says more about the people involved than it does him.

If all he wants is best on best then he shouldnt want to sub on D anyway. I call bs.

Nicky knows a big advantage he has is recruiting. If he cant rotate his endless supply of fresh starters vs the other teams single set of starters he loses a big advantage.....so he whines. Seems the nhhu offenses are just fine with going best on best.

Damn, did The Bear cry about the forward pass?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think that is what they meant by the question at all. But why does a team want to make this about scheming and the element of surprise and not about your best against our best. Personally i can accept losing if a team lines up and whips us, but to lose to a slight of hand trick or lining up 4.5 speedsters against linebackers is a mismatch and not playing your best against our best. Its deception and not necessarily seeing who the best team is, but who is better at getting back to the line with the fastest players, not best players necessarily.

If that was how the colonies fought the American Revolution we'd all be sipping tea and singing God save the queen.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban lies more than RBF, so forgive me if I don't beleive he wasn't behind this rule change.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach at Philadelphia ran 83 plays a game at Oregon, and ran 65 a game in Philadelphia. So why do they control the pace of play in the NFL? I mean, I’m just asking.” - Nick Saban

Since pussy Saban is a college coach, and not an NFL HC, he should be less focused on how the NFL does things, and more focused on figuring out how to beat teams like Texas A&M and Auburn

Oh wait, that's exactly what he is doing. Never mind.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban just wants to give all 358 players on his roster a chance to play. It's hard to sub them all in when the offense plays so fast...

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the biggest Big 12 homer would've thought that Texas A&M would scare Saban so much that he'd ask for rule changes. Here's a thought, recruit against the spread, the big 12 is starting to recruit more Linebacker/safety players more equipped to stay on the field and play in space.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the biggest Big 12 homer would've thought that Texas A&M would scare Saban so much that he'd ask for rule changes. Here's a thought, recruit against the spread, the big 12 is starting to recruit more Linebacker/safety players more equipped to stay on the field and play in space.

What's the old saying? Give em an inch and they'll take a yard! I've never seen so many assumptions, conclusions and lies all based on "we should look into this?" I've said it over and over but this thread is much more telling of who you are than Saban! The power these posters possess to get into Nick Saban's head is absolutely amazing!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it over and over but this thread is much more telling of who you are than Saban! The power these posters possess to get into Nick Saban's head is absolutely amazing!

That's just you trying to convince yourself this isn't utterly humiliating for Saban right now.

Embarrassment is hard to cope with (MI fans know this), especially when it's a fan base used to ruling the world.

One day Saban will be gone, but Bama will still be standing. Jump off his bandwagon now. This is his end, and if you were smart, you'd show loyalty to Bama and to football and not to this crying bitch shell of his former self.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see people still don't understand what is happening. The 10 second rule does nothing but allow defenses a guaranteed substitution first. The facts that few plays would be impacted by this argues against the reason for implementing it: it does not reduce the number of plays - which is what was suggested could result in injury.

Currently the defense is guaranteed a substitution if the offense subs first. With the 10 second rule, if the defense subs during the first 10 seconds and then the offense subs out two players, does the defense get ANOTHER substitution? Why? The defense already has the advantage of substituting LAST - that is an advantage for the defense. :L

It will reduce plays because the main reason (admit to it or not) is to not allow the defense to substitute. With much of that taken away it will slow it down some. There is also the element of fatigue which the medical profession has always said if a player is tired they are more prone to injury. Have you not always heard that too? As it stands now, a HUNH plays approximately 4 more games a year with the number of plays. I realize there is currently no scientific data but duh!

I personally agree with many that the safety position is just a disguise. Saban admitted there was a part two which was is this the direction we want football headed? (A damn legit question, like it or not). Doesn't mean any changes occurs just to review it.

So now continue with your rants and telling us all the facts that seem you just come out of your own heads! :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just you trying to convince yourself this isn't utterly humiliating for Saban right now.

Embarrassment is hard to cope with (MI fans know this), especially when it's a fan base used to ruling the world.

One day Saban will be gone, but Bama will still be standing. Jump off his bandwagon now. This is his end, and if you were smart, you'd show loyalty to Bama and to football and not to this crying bitch shell of his former self.

Damn we got another while I was posting! :clap: Please come up with more shit from the statement " I think this is something we need to look into? The stories are amazing!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, did you just compare Michigan's embarrassment to Saban, winner of 3 of past 5 NC and annual #1 recruiting class, saying the rule committee should look into all aspects of the HUNH? :L

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will reduce plays because the main reason (admit to it or not) is to not allow the defense to substitute. With much of that taken away it will slow it down some. There is also the element of fatigue which the medical profession has always said if a player is tired they are more prone to injury. Have you not always heard that too? As it stands now, a HUNH plays approximately 4 more games a year with the number of plays. I realize there is currently no scientific data but duh!

I personally agree with many that the safety position is just a disguise. Saban admitted there was a part two which was is this the direction we want football headed? (A damn legit question, like it or not). Doesn't mean any changes occurs just to review it.

So now continue with your rants and telling us all the facts that seem you just come out of your own heads! :suds:

i+_7927511fd7ab139adce8dd3bccfaa160.jpg

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban lies more than Rather Be Fishin

Saban has 358 players on his roster.

Saban is utterly humiliated over his stance on the HUNH.

Sports message boards are such a wealth of information. I learn something new everyday.

:whistle:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So players get tired?
Maybe games should be 45 minutes?
Let's reduce the season back down to 10 games?
Playoffs? That's a whole extra game!!
Let's make halftime 1 hour long?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear Bryant. The meanest sob in football worked his kids to their breaking point. An icon of Alabama football. A legend. A man so loved in that state. He would be rolling over in his grave if he knew the amount of pussification coming from Bama fans about "safety".

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This did what I expected it to do, it brought out the ones who seem to want to put words in Saban's mouth. Many have already commented on this, but its amazing how many non-truths have been told in here about what he actually said, when its clearly written for them to read.

asking for a committee to look into it is not asking for a rules change. It was already brought before the committee last year by the NCAA for a study and again this year. Funny that its Saban's rule but he has nothing to do with it from its inception. Rent free living at its finest.

I also saw a comment on how the NFL does things and what does that have to do with College ball. Pretty simple to figure out if you ask me, it has to do with the Refs being prepared to accurately call the game and them being set for the ball to be hiked. I have seen so many refs out of place due to the HUHN or the ball being snapped before the refs were ready and this is unacceptable, a slight delay in them running a play that has no real formation is not that big of a problem is it? I mean the whole idea for the HUHN is that they can run almost any play our of any formation...right? why do they need the element of surprise of when the ball is snapped also? Is it really the best on best if you have a package on defense to stop the run and it turns into a high flying pass play? Specialization is not unique to one team, many sub in packages on defense...even the HUHN teams, so dont act like it would only work as an advantage for the HUHN teams if a rule was put into action.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omfg :puke:

Save your dramatic ooh poor us shit.

Head coaches across the country called this bullshit. I'll take their word over Bama fans with their heads so far up Sabans ass. It's like arguing with Obama voters who think he does no wrong.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear Bryant. The meanest sob in football worked his kids to their breaking point. An icon of Alabama football. A legend. A man so loved in that state. He would be rolling over in his grave if he knew the amount of pussification coming from Bama fans about "safety".

I have only seen one person that is a Bama fan arguing about safety. The pussification of football started a long time ago and if you dont know that, then i feel sorry for you.

And personally I think The Bear would be proud that Saban is taking a stance to keep football about defense AND offense, not one big rugby match. We already have rugby, dont need another sport like it.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This did what I expected it to do, it brought out the ones who seem to want to put words in Saban's mouth. Many have already commented on this, but its amazing how many non-truths have been told in here about what he actually said, when its clearly written for them to read.

asking for a committee to look into it is not asking for a rules change. It was already brought before the committee last year by the NCAA for a study and again this year. Funny that its Saban's rule but he has nothing to do with it from its inception. Rent free living at its finest.

I also saw a comment on how the NFL does things and what does that have to do with College ball. Pretty simple to figure out if you ask me, it has to do with the Refs being prepared to accurately call the game and them being set for the ball to be hiked. I have seen so many refs out of place due to the HUHN or the ball being snapped before the refs were ready and this is unacceptable, a slight delay in them running a play that has no real formation is not that big of a problem is it? I mean the whole idea for the HUHN is that they can run almost any play our of any formation...right? why do they need the element of surprise of when the ball is snapped also? Is it really the best on best if you have a package on defense to stop the run and it turns into a high flying pass play? Specialization is not unique to one team, many sub in packages on defense...even the HUHN teams, so dont act like it would only work as an advantage for the HUHN teams if a rule was put into action.

Hell yes it is the best. Why do you need a package to stop the run anyway...the whole idea of defense is to stop the offense regardless of what play they run. But you (and Saban) are telling me that each play the offense runs needs a "special package" defense...