• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson rides into Pittsburgh

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only need to see over the OL when you're throwing over the middle

we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif
Really doubling down

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can,t blame them for signing him at the league minimum for vets.denver,s paying him 38 mill this year,according to espn

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than wasting an early pick on Justin Fields and better than Mitch. So in that sense it is a win.
Other than that if the line isn't up to par really doesn't matter.
They get a free trial but instead of a week it is a year. Denver is paying for him to play for PIT, they have it made

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than wasting an early pick on Justin Fields and better than Mitch. So in that sense it is a win.
Other than that if the line isn't up to par really doesn't matter.
When he had his bad year with Denver in 2022, the OL was dogshit.

Much better this year, and he goes 26/8, but the damage was done.

Like for any QB, you need a competent OL to succeed.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt.

Pittsburgh isn’t going to sit a guy while still eligible to make the playoffs. They’re a high end franchise with a track record, not WalMart brand GreatValue/FadedGlory football.
The bears were never in the running for russell Wilson…

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Wilson signing for peanuts either.

All I need now is a reason to dislike Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson and then I can join the AFCN hate guide thread.

He's already getting paid, any money he signs for goes to Denver to offset their cap hit.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he had his bad year with Denver in 2022, the OL was dogshit.

Much better this year, and he goes 26/8, but the damage was done.

Like for any QB, you need a competent OL to succeed.
Yep that was my thought, it seemed Wilson wasn't that bad last season. Also in Pittsburgh the coach already loves him so the Payton butthurt isn't there.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver fans are kinda of butthurt. They should be more pissed with Payton who clearly held a grudge with RW the moment he was hired with the Broncos.

Arthur Smith revived Tanneyhill's career when they were both with the Titans.
No one is butt hurt, Russ just is washed and people just refused to admit it. Denver fans did until they had to watch him the last 2 years.

And Payton made him better last year and he was still a bottom 10 QB.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that was my thought, it seemed Wilson wasn't that bad last season.
I used that same argument when defending him last year a lot. But look deeper and you’ll see that those stats are a lie and true stats such as quarterback efficiency he’s bottom of the league.

He was great in the red zone, that’s the one area where he was incredible last year. It’s just the other 95% of his game was terrible and so the 26-8 TD to INT ratio is a façade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Russ Pittsburgh is getting in a nutshell. I spent the last 2 years defending him as any fan would have their team but he’s bad. And Steelers fans can argue “at least he‘s not Pickett or Rudolph bad” but that doesn’t mean he’s good.

They're going to ground and pound with Arthur Smith as their new OC. They just need someone who doesn't throw picks and can extend plays when necessary. 26 TD and 8 INT last year somehow wasn't good enough for Payton last year, will be an instant upgrade with the Steelers. Pickett had 13 TD and 13 INT over the past two seasons combined in only 25 games, definition of meh. Each had 5 fumbles, with Russ having 5 more games played and nearly 800 more rushing yards over those two seasons.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used that same argument when defending him last year a lot. But look deeper and you’ll see that those stats are a lie and true stats such as quarterback efficiency he’s bottom of the league.

He was great in the red zone, that’s the one area where he was incredible last year. It’s just the other 95% of his game was terrible and so the 26-8 TD to INT ratio is a façade.
We were terrible in the RZ last year.

Were also terrible between the 20's.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to ground and pound with Arthur Smith as their new OC. They just need someone who doesn't throw picks and can extend plays when necessary. 26 TD and 8 INT last year somehow wasn't good enough for Payton last year, will be an instant upgrade with the Steelers. Pickett had 13 TD and 13 INT over the past two seasons combined in only 25 games, definition of meh. Each had 5 fumbles, with Russ having 5 more games played and nearly 800 more rushing yards over those two seasons.
Exactly.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still better than the effciency of the Steelers in the RZ and essentially anywhere else on the field.

Not saying he is the second coming but a low cost upgrade for this team is a win. That I might add will focus on running the ball.

They aren't moving to the top 5 to draft one of the stud QB's. It would have been foolish to give up a 1st or 2nd for Fields, who hasn't proven anything. The QB's they have/had on roster aren't good and finally they weren't going to pay Baker Mayfield or Kurt Cousins.

So for the Steelers, this is the best option available, and they can focus the money to the holes on defense/line.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were terrible in the RZ last year.

Were also terrible between the 20's.
And yet, if you look at the numbers, the Steelers were the 25th ranked offense while Denver was the 26th in total Offense. Steelers were 13th in rushing, Denver was 18th. And Denver was 24th in passing and Steelers were 25th.

This is a low risk signing for Pittsburgh and I don’t blame them for taking the chance, the only thing it does is it further delays them finding their next quarterback of the future by a year maybe longer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is butt hurt, Russ just is washed and people just refused to admit it. Denver fans did until they had to watch him the last 2 years.

And Payton made him better last year and he was still a bottom 10 QB.

Bottom 10 by whic measure? Rating he was top 10. QBR he was 21st (sacks knocked him down considerably) and Y/A was 21st. Completion % he was 12th, 25th most INT, 9th in passing TDs, 10th in INT%, 4th in TD%, 14th in rushing yards, tied for 11th in rushing TDs, etc etc.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a russ fam. But more of russ period. But its so low risk. Kenny has been bad. He has excuses and injuries, but hes been bad. So here we r. We have tons of young talent on offense. D is still upper echelon, boswells been money. If he tosses 29 tds again pgh is a threat. Russ on pgh last year makes them a threat. Which makes me vomit some.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, if you look at the numbers, the Steelers were the 25th ranked offense while Denver was the 26th in total Offense. Steelers were 13th in rushing, Denver was 18th. And Denver was 24th in passing and Steelers were 25th.

This is a low risk signing for Pittsburgh and I don’t blame them for taking the chance, the only thing it does is it further delays them finding their next quarterback of the future by a year maybe longer.
The Steelers weren't drafting a QB this year anyway as they have been using the "we still believe in Pickett" who has only had one actual game played not under a god awful Matt Canada offense.

NOTE: I am not using that excuse for Pickett but that seems to be the mantra for the team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still better than the effciency of the Steelers in the RZ and essentially anywhere else on the field.

Not saying he is the second coming but a low cost upgrade for this team is a win. That I might add will focus on running the ball.

They aren't moving to the top 5 to draft one of the stud QB's. It would have been foolish to give up a 1st or 2nd for Fields, who hasn't proven anything. The QB's they have/had on roster aren't good and finally they weren't going to pay Baker Mayfield or Kurt Cousins.

So for the Steelers, this is the best option available, and they can focus the money to the holes on defense/line.
Dont pay that guy much mind. He’s a homer so his opinion is determined based on that and not his ability to actually assess sports. Who knows what Russ will be for Pittsburgh. They can draft a young QB and develop him while Russ plays a year or two as a stop gap on someone else’s dime. This is a plus situation for the Steelers.