• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson = ELITE

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw it away. All of Seattle is blaming the play call, and rightfully so, but instead of forcing it in, Wilson could have thrown it away. They could have then ran it, called time, and ran it again. Carroll said the defense dictated the play call, but all Wilson had to do was throw it away. He choked away a Super Bowl, plain and simple

It's a bang-bang play and when you dial it up it's pretty much an automatic throw. Every qb has strengths and weaknesses and that's never a route that he's going to be successful with. It was a stupid, stupid play call.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bang-bang play and when you dial it up it's pretty much an automatic throw. Every qb has strengths and weaknesses and that's never a route that he's going to be successful with. It was a stupid, stupid play call.

It was a terrible call, and a couple of years from now(maybe next year) I think Wilson checks out of that insane play call himself. Throwing that pass, or fumbling the ball were really the only two ways Seattle could have lost there

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not an elite QB, he's a decent QB with running skills and runs an offense built around his skillset.

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Luck
Brees
Rivers

The above are elite... Wilson's somewhere with this bottom group, probably between Ryan and Ben.

Stafford
Romo
Flacco
Ryan
Rothlisberger

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP compared Russell Wilson to Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, and Tom Brady.

And those QBs were part of "Team of the Decade" with at least 3 championships. Bart Starr won 2 Super Bowls but he was QB for 5 NFL Championship teams before SB Era.

This would have been RW's 2nd Super Bowl win if they won. So, I wouldn't say Seahawks are a Dynasty, yet, and RW shouldn't be compared to those 5 HOFers, yet.

Wow what a ballzy position, you sure showed me :rollseyes:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not an elite QB, he's a decent QB with running skills and runs an offense built around his skillset.

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Luck
Brees
Rivers

The above are elite... Wilson's somewhere with this bottom group, probably between Ryan and Ben.

Stafford
Romo
Flacco
Ryan
Rothlisberger

Where's Cam?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just going through each RW thread and digging up bullshit??

55768896.jpg

I posted in 2 threads since Super Bowl ended about RW.

I never noticed this one before. If the OP was comparing him to current elite QBs, then it would be one thing. If he compared the Seahawks to current NFL teams, that would be one thing.

But comparing him to QBs who have no less than 3 championship rings and teams that are known to have 3-4 Super Bowl/NFL Championships in a 4-5 year spread is another.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw it away. All of Seattle is blaming the play call, and rightfully so, but instead of forcing it in, Wilson could have thrown it away. They could have then ran it, called time, and ran it again. Carroll said the defense dictated the play call, but all Wilson had to do was throw it away. He choked away a Super Bowl, plain and simple

Again, if Wilson doesn't trust his WR to catch that ball, then he never starts at a level beyond high school. If that is somehow "too tight" then Seattle doesn't score two of their first three TDs and they lose 31-10. You need to trust your WRs to hold off CBs. Lockette didn't, largely because the defender made a good play. It happens. The only thing plain and simple here is you.

The OP compared Russell Wilson to Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, and Tom Brady.

And those QBs were part of "Team of the Decade" with at least 3 championships. Bart Starr won 2 Super Bowls but he was QB for 5 NFL Championship teams before SB Era.

This would have been RW's 2nd Super Bowl win if they won. So, I wouldn't say Seahawks are a Dynasty, yet, and RW shouldn't be compared to those 5 HOFers, yet.

1. The OP was a blatant troll post. Everyone could see that but you.

2. Russell Wilson just led a group of undrafted receivers to 11+ YPA in the Super Bowl.

3. Russell Wilson has already reached levels far beyond anything Starr or Aikman did in the league. If your sole measuring stick of being elite is championships, that's fine, I guess. It doesn't change the fact that he has 1 Super Bowl win in his first three seasons (as much as any other starting QB) and the most wins ever to start a career. And of course, he's done it with a far worse offensive supporting cast than any of the five players.

I'm done debating this shit with you. Just don't let me catch you calling Andrew Luck elite. That seems to be a common theme of people with your logical reasoning skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never noticed this one before. If the OP was comparing him to current elite QBs, then it would be one thing. If he compared the Seahawks to current NFL teams, that would be one thing.

But comparing him to QBs who have no less than 3 championship rings and teams that are known to have 3-4 Super Bowl/NFL Championships in a 4-5 year spread is another.

Good lord, you do realize this was a drunken troll thread, right? Pretty sure I made that clear at least 5 times on this thread.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the original joke from the OP went waaaaaaaayyyyy over your head.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, if Wilson doesn't trust his WR to catch that ball, then he never starts at a level beyond high school. If that is somehow "too tight" then Seattle doesn't score two of their first three TDs and they lose 31-10. You need to trust your WRs to hold off CBs. Lockette didn't, largely because the defender made a good play. It happens. The only thing plain and simple here is you.

1. The OP was a blatant troll post. Everyone could see that but you.

2. Russell Wilson just led a group of undrafted receivers to 11+ YPA in the Super Bowl.

3. Russell Wilson has already reached levels far beyond anything Starr or Aikman did in the league. If your sole measuring stick of being elite is championships, that's fine, I guess. It doesn't change the fact that he has 1 Super Bowl win in his first three seasons (as much as any other starting QB) and the most wins ever to start a career. And of course, he's done it with a far worse offensive supporting cast than any of the five players.

I'm done debating this shit with you. Just don't let me catch you calling Andrew Luck elite. That seems to be a common theme of people with your logical reasoning skills.

How is Aikman in the HOF? Better yet how is Moon in the HOF?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly produced at an elite level these last almost 3 yrs...2 SB's , 1 win and another should've been if the receiver would've fought for the ball....
But when we say elite, it is not the equivalent of Montana, Unitas, Staubach, Bradshaw, those guys were the QB gold edition....
Elite simply put is a step above very good and consistent at it....That's all, and I think he is doing that to this point....
Thems is some pretty Bad Birds !!!:2cents:

Merry-Christmas.jpg

Last edited: