• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rules you'd like to change

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would like it to be illegal to rhyme the words "crazy" and "baby" in a song any more.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, another rule that needs to go is that one where any contact to a QB above the head is roughing the passer. That is ridiculous that if a rusher so much as touches the helmet, its a 15 yard penalty. My 49ers even benefited from that once when some guy trying to get his hand up in the passing lane and came down and grazed Kaepernick's helmet... personal foul, 15 yards (I think it was the NFCCG). It is ridiculous.

I could understand if someone was dropping the hammer on QBs after the pass, but if your hand just grazes the helmet... c'mon...

All the rules to combat head injury are extreme. The way they enforce head to head contact on a defenseless receiver, that roughing the passer, the new offensive helmet to helmet contact, fucking up kickoffs...

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foward progress rules. i hate how the offensive player gets to push multiple defenders back for extra yards yet if a defender(s) stonewall a offensive player and push them back they still spot the ball all the way up to where they was first contact. they should just spot the ball where the player goes down.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless locker rooms are coed, and nobody told me, women should not be in mens locker rooms and men should not be in womens.

There is no reason the press needs to be in there anyways. there are plenty of places to stir up an article and get a quote. I believe it is called a press conference?

id welcome ines sainz in the lockerroom anytime. :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better do so before the players are all set. Otherwise, you play with what you got.

That would make it so much more interesting!!

So, would it be on every down or just FGs? Either way you're removing a ton of strategy and giving yet another advantage to the team with the ball.

there is too much strategy, let it be about players again!! That is why I like basketball so much. Half of them are uncoachable, period.

I could understand if someone was dropping the hammer on QBs after the pass, but if your hand just grazes the helmet... c'mon...

I understand this a little but...

I wish they'd repeal this thing they are adding this year... the thing about flagging runners because they put their head down. That is going to be tragic when some team busts out a big run and then it all comes back just because a RB put his head down. This will just be a penalty they use to help teams win that have shitty rush defenses... like teams that give up 300 yards on the ground in the playoffs.
All the rules to combat head injury are extreme. The way they enforce head to head contact on a defenseless receiver, that roughing the passer, the new offensive helmet to helmet contact, fucking up kickoffs...

You can either have football or the sport will cease to exist. Without grooming children to play football from an early age what do you think would happen to the on field product? The game itself would disappear.

Most parent would not let their kids go out there and try to intentionally injure somebody else, especially with something as sensitive as brain injuries. Nor would most parents want their children to go through that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying don't care about safety. I'm saying there's a difference between working towards safety and ruining the game. Everything goodell has done has been the latter.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegal contact needs to go away, the game would be so much safer and more competitive if DB's could bump players all the way down field.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem when it comes to challenging plays is that you can only challenge what is called by the ref and many things that refs call are not challengable... for an example forward progress is not challengable, but when a player fumbles the ball because the refs call it too soon the fumble never happened...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illegal contact needs to go away, the game would be so much safer and more competitive if DB's could bump players all the way down field.

Never thought of that, I can see that working a bit.

My problem when it comes to challenging plays is that you can only challenge what is called by the ref and many things that refs call are not challengable... for an example forward progress is not challengable, but when a player fumbles the ball because the refs call it too soon the fumble never happened...

This is more an issue with poor refereeing, they are supposed to let the play finish.