• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Round of 8: Arizona vs. Wisconsin

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always be on ESPN and on StarNet... along with the dozen or so other boards that I comment on occasion.

I'm not saying that I'm never going to comment on SportsHoopla again, I'm just saying that this whole no comments for an hour thing does not work for me. Needs to be more active people for it to be worth it. Even on the national SportsHoopla game-board it would up being me and Sting and DC and a couple of others along with a majority of fans from other schools. It's not a UofA gameboard to me unless there is a strong representation from UofA fans. Biggest game of the year and a lot of people were not around.

It's cool. I will always be a member of this site. I'm just saying that unless there are more than a handful of people commenting then it's simply not as much fun. I would rather go back and forth with Fork...

btw, Jahii is on ESPN, says he got kicked off of here for being an idiot. Sends his regards.

I would have been there but I was swimming in my own tears at the pond. :bawling:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just got back from Austin, watching the game. I don't think GS is largely referring to those of us who have been here all year, just the lack of the overall base of AZ fans that don't post here. I agree. I'll still be on here, but truth is, I start school in August, and won't have the time I had this year. It'd be good to find a site with a broader base of AZ fans. We had good times on here this season, but GS is right, it sucks going from 100s of AZ fans (all of us on here included), to just a dozen or so at the most during any single game.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'm just the oldest and the one who likes to talk shit to trolls the most.

HAHAHA well I can be a pain in the ass too.
We had this live moderation free board a year back I think.
I really liked it and then suddenly we were here again.
I think thats the main problem with SportsHoopla. Its not live and that keeps me away from it sometimes.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gumby, Nogi, CTP, DCZonaFan, Monte Carlo, Gato, Orange, even FORK, I say we recruit this offseason and try to bring more life to SportsHoopla. I think we could keep growing each year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gumby, Nogi, CTP, DCZonaFan, Monte Carlo, Gato, Orange, even FORK, I say we recruit this offseason and try to bring more life to SportsHoopla. I think we could keep growing each year.

Agreed Sting. We need to get this place hoppin like the ol' espn boards haha. Those were awesome times! We just need to spread the word to others and more importantly, be consistent in keeping up with our conversations. Let's also try and make an effort to share more info with each other to spark more conversations. That's what I've been trying to do lately by sharing articles on here with everyone. I think with time we will get this place going.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always be on ESPN and on StarNet... along with the dozen or so other boards that I comment on occasion.

I'm not saying that I'm never going to comment on SportsHoopla again, I'm just saying that this whole no comments for an hour thing does not work for me. Needs to be more active people for it to be worth it. Even on the national SportsHoopla game-board it would up being me and Sting and DC and a couple of others along with a majority of fans from other schools. It's not a UofA gameboard to me unless there is a strong representation from UofA fans. Biggest game of the year and a lot of people were not around.

It's cool. I will always be a member of this site. I'm just saying that unless there are more than a handful of people commenting then it's simply not as much fun. I would rather go back and forth with Fork...

btw, Jahii is on ESPN, says he got kicked off of here for being an idiot. Sends his regards.

I respect you Gumby!

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in..... but you know us fair weathered Sun Devils. That is a tall task for me. I guess I need to get back on stupid ESPN and other boards to recruit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in..... but you know us fair weathered Sun Devils. That is a tall task for me. I guess I need to get back on stupid ESPN and other boards to recruit.

As much as it pains me to say this (kidding obviously), we need more sun devil fans in here. Make it happen Fork.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not an in-game poster. I love coming on here before and after the game to talk with other Zona fans, but during the game I'm zoned in. That, plus I end up watching many of the games an hour or two delayed on DVR.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do all these people get banned on here? I have yet to see anyone post something I'd find over the line on the sports forums. At worst, people seem to go no further than trash talk. The politics forum...that's where the idiots come out.

Vanish7231

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on this board reading every week. I don't usually post because I keep forgetting my password. I just fixed it after several months. I have enjoyed following and reading. I will be more active here next basketball season and post. I have always followed along on ESPN but choose not to as much lately because of the new format/Facebook integration. I can't post with my old account and I don't have a Facebook account. I miss those constant 5000+ message boards we had goin the previous years!