• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Round of 64: Arizona vs Weber State

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I guarantee you that nobody, not a single person in the world, is going to have a perfect bracket after the first 2 days are over and done with.

and if there is someone out there who predicted all of the upsets on Thursday combined with Duke losing to Mercer, well... need to check that person's garage for a time machine.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how we continually start games this way.

Well, to be fair, other than the loss to UCLA the Cats have started very strong the last month, even in the loss to Oregon they were up 9-2 to start the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona scores it's first points at the 15:00 mark.

Please, Arizona Wildcats... please. If you care at all about the health of your fanbase, turn this nonsense around and get in the god damn game.

Since I typed this, Arizona is on a 14-2 run. Thank you for listening guys. Your fans are grateful for you waking up and realizing there is a win-or-go-home game going on atm.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG has 9 points and 5 boards... but he is playing way out of sorts. He's missed 4+ rebounds andis trying to force 1 on 1 drives and taking bad shots.

People forget that he is one of the youngest players in the nation, didn't turn 18 until he was on campus for a few months... so it's to be expected that he would have some nerves. Hopefully he gets it out of his system and settles into the moment.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There sure is a lot of fouls.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foul, foul, foul, foul.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 30+ years of following Arizona basketball I have never seen a Senior Guard toss around lazier perimeter passes than Jordan Mayes.

Every single time that he swings the ball around the perimeter I expect it to be deflected, or outright stolen.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why Zeus doesn't get more shots.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they want to lose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand listening to Charles Barkely n crew talk about college basketball when they don't know jack shit about college teams. All they're doing is looking at stats and making their assumptions based off numbers. Barkley had to look up Brandon Ashley's name on paper; goes to show how little he knows. Just stick to the nba guys geeze.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand listening to Charles Barkely n crew talk about college basketball when they don't know jack shit about college teams. All they're doing is looking at stats and making their assumptions based off numbers. Barkley had to look up Brandon Ashley's name on paper; goes to show how little he knows. Just stick to the nba guys geeze.

Well, to be fair, it's not their job to follow college basketball. It's like Jon Gruden doing a bowl game, he isn't going to be well versed on the players because he follows the pros 12 months out of the year and watching college ball is only a hobby.

Also, Charles Barkley lives in Arizona, he watches a lot of Arizona basketball and in fact was the only national basketball analyst to pick the UofA over Duke a few years ago.

Don't mistake him having to look up Brandon Ashley's name for him not following Arizona basketball... but more that he's an old man who has 1000s of names of basketball players in his head and is a total drunk. Chances are it's more to do with him staying up until 4AM drinking and gambling the night before than it is a disrespect to the UofA, or BA.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKST/Gonzaga... who ya got? Everyone is on the OKST bandwagon but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKST/Gonzaga... who ya got? Everyone is on the OKST bandwagon but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose today.

Everybody (like... literally everybody) thought that Stanford would lose to New Mexico and that Duke would have a cake-walk.

Problem is, Oklahoma State has the talent of a final four team, but they have the consistency of a bent slinky.

I would love to see Gonzaga win, it just depends on which OSU team shows up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, it's not their job to follow college basketball. It's like Jon Gruden doing a bowl game, he isn't going to be well versed on the players because he follows the pros 12 months out of the year and watching college ball is only a hobby.

Also, Charles Barkley lives in Arizona, he watches a lot of Arizona basketball and in fact was the only national basketball analyst to pick the UofA over Duke a few years ago.

Don't mistake him having to look up Brandon Ashley's name for him not following Arizona basketball... but more that he's an old man who has 1000s of names of basketball players in his head and is a total drunk. Chances are it's more to do with him staying up until 4AM drinking and gambling the night before than it is a disrespect to the UofA, or BA.

Haha ya I mean I get the fact that they were probably thrown to the wolves by TNT but I honestly don't think they have any business being analysts for the tournament. I haven't heard them say anything worth while or anything outside of what the general public already knows. Once again, I understand that college basketball isn't their forte and I blame TNT for that.

As far as Barkely being a tent city, AZ native, I expect more in depth analysts from him regarding Arizona haha.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think both teams present challenges but honestly I'll take OSU. I think we match up better against them than most people think. If we can push the ball down low, they won't have an answer for Kaleb. And I have all the confidence in the world that we can limit Smart with our defenders.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody (like... literally everybody) thought that Stanford would lose to New Mexico and that Duke would have a cake-walk.

Problem is, Oklahoma State has the talent of a final four team, but they have the consistency of a bent slinky.

I would love to see Gonzaga win, it just depends on which OSU team shows up.

Nice