• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 5 Pick 147, RB Audric Estimé, Notre Dame

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me of an old-time football player by the name of Charlie Tolar. He runs like a human bowling ball - very difficult to tackle.

I don't think he is as slow has his official 40 time - when you see highlights, they are more than a few - where he is outrunning guys to the endzone - guys who are Dbacks and LBs - who figure to have speed.

Here's Tolar's wiki link: Charlie Tolar - Wikipedia

He was 5'5" and 200 lbs. - The Human Bowling Ball.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having a power back like Estime or Braelon Allen is very beneficial in the NFL now... Teams draft/sign LB's who are smaller with speed now with the smaller/speedier RB's in the NFL. Look at Derrick Henry. Defenses aren't built to stop him. Having Estime and Jaleel with our starter Javonte could cause some major headaches in game planning for 3 different types or RB's.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having a power back like Estime or Braelon Allen is very beneficial in the NFL now... Teams draft/sign LB's who are smaller with speed now with the smaller/speedier RB's in the NFL. Look at Derrick Henry. Defenses aren't built to stop him. Having Estime and Jaleel with our starter Javonte could cause some major headaches in game planning for 3 different types or RB's.

Was thinking the same thing. Defenses are evolving to me smaller and more agile in the front. This is in response to so many rule changes designed to make the passing game on offense more effective. So defenses adjust. I think having a power back on the roster is brilliant. Right now we have a couple and I hope we find ways to get them all involved. I want to be that team that leaves every opponent wondering what just hit it.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also a pretty decent receiver out of backfield too

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also a pretty decent receiver out of backfield too

That bodes well, I suppose. Maybe he can be a larger, more powerful Darren Sproles. Payton got a lot out of him in his offense, perhaps there's a similar design in mind with Estime.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a draft with so many older prospects due to covid and NIL combination he is only 20 years old too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a draft with so many older prospects due to covid and NIL combination he is only 20 years old too.
Had to do something to bring the Broncos average draft age down to something reasonable.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Perine didn't live up to his contract. The Broncos RB room is stacked.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to do something to bring the Broncos average draft age down to something reasonable.

I'm just excited to see you in Denver this year with your Bo Nix jersey on and I will be there with Franklin. I can let George borrow my Marvin Mims jersey for the game and then we can be shake n bake! Or I will wear Mims and he can wear Franklin. Whatever you guys want.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like Perine didn't live up to his contract. The Broncos RB room is stacked.

Yup. Lost in all of this is the fact that Perine did pretty solid for us last year.

Like I said before the draft. We had 3 good runners on this roster already but the value at RB was just REALLY good this year on Day 3.

Even Miami drafted Jaylen Wright with an already crowded/speedy backfield.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bodes well, I suppose. Maybe he can be a larger, more powerful Darren Sproles. Payton got a lot out of him in his offense, perhaps there's a similar design in mind with Estime.
I was trying to think of a comp and from days past wondered if he doesn’t play a bit like Frank Gore or today, Jamal Williams. Interesting to me that I can’t think of having a comparable back to him on the Broncos in the past 30 years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think of a comp and from days past wondered if he doesn’t play a bit like Frank Gore or today, Jamal Williams. Interesting to me that I can’t think of having a comparable back to him on the Broncos in the past 30 years.

I comped him to Jamaal Williams in DCFFL mock. Think he has a little more athletic ability then Williams though. Williams maybe a little more punishment when he hits you.

The one knock I had on Estime coming out is sometimes instead of a wiggle he needs to run over people.

I think the best former Bronco comparison I could give is Rod Bernstine back in the early 90's when defenses were set up better to stop bigger RB's. Leonard Russell maybe, who ended up winning O rookie of the year before being traded to Denver. You were probably in Monk school back then.

Back then Estime and Braelon Allen are probably looking at Rd 1 or 2 when RB's went higher in the draft and bigger RB's were sought off more then speed RB's.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just excited to see you in Denver this year with your Bo Nix jersey on and I will be there with Franklin. I can let George borrow my Marvin Mims jersey for the game and then we can be shake n bake! Or I will wear Mims and he can wear Franklin. Whatever you guys want.
Sully and I aren't going if George is there.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to seek advice from @Mingo on this intense situation.
I would be remiss if I didn't remind Mingo that Springer refused to meet us last year, claiming "gas was too expensive".

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be remiss if I didn't remind Mingo that Springer refused to meet us last year, claiming "gas was too expensive".

Believed him too until we checked GPS tracker we placed on his vehicle to discover he was at a strip club nearby.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believed him too until we checked GPS tracker we placed on his vehicle to discover he was at a strip club nearby.
And he drives a plug in.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he drives a plug in.

Remember when we were suppose to meet @Orange Crush77 at the top of Pikes Peak but we saw a man in Orange Crush speedos at the top yelling, "I believe I can fly", so we headed back down the mountain?

Changed our mind.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we were suppose to meet @Orange Crush77 at the top of Pikes Peak but we saw a man in Orange Crush speedos at the top yelling, "I believe I can fly", so we headed back down the mountain?

Changed our mind.
We didn't even bother using the roads. Just straight as the boulder falls. Scary day.