• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 1: Philly vs Washington

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number of times Philly beat the Caps in a format used in the playoffs this season - 0

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number of times Philly beat the Caps in a format used in the playoffs this season - 0

I mean, the format they use in the playoffs is a best-of-seven series, so that's a rather odd statistic to quantify, Elo.

OH, you meant the shootout! You were just beginning the trash talk early! Alright. Alright! We can do this. We can go there. Here's my rebuttal:

Number of playoff series the Caps have won in the same year they won the President's Trophy - 0.

:dhd:

Seriously though, good luck to you and your team, and I hope it's a good series. That said, once the games start? Fuck you and yours.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Flyers could give the Caps some fits, but after yesterday's game I'm not sure. With everything on the line (well, they did have one game to spare) they could barely beat a Pens line-up without Malkin / Crosby / Letang, a third-string goalie, without any intent to play a competitive game. They won, so they took care of business, but they didn't exactly look like a team that could give the Caps any sort of run.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Flyers could give the Caps some fits, but after yesterday's game I'm not sure. With everything on the line (well, they did have one game to spare) they could barely beat a Pens line-up without Malkin / Crosby / Letang, a third-string goalie, without any intent to play a competitive game. They won, so they took care of business, but they didn't exactly look like a team that could give the Caps any sort of run.

The schedule makes might have something to do with that, the stretch run the Flyers faced was idiotic with the games compacted in that stretch. IIRC a few weeks ago they had played 3 or four less games than much of the competition they faced, all to be made up in the final week-and-a-half.

Also - somehow - the Penguins this season under the new coach are a bad matchup, it seems.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreeing with Dacks a bit here...when the Flyers hit that hot streak I thought they'd be an interesting matchup, and they have the emotional motivation going now too with Sniders passing, but the Caps are going to roll I think. Going with 5. The Flyers can maybe push it some more, but they need depth scoring, and at the moment they seem to be Schenn, Simmonds, a bit of Giroux and Ghost on the PP...then nada. Mason can always steal some games, but...well, the other guy is probably the Vezina winner this year.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The caps should win this series, just like I should go to the gym tomorrow. Will either happen? Only time will tell..

Holy Hannah, a ritari sighting?!? Good to see you back bud, hope all is well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps out to prove regular season success=playoff success, IMO, might get by Flyers, won't get past next round

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule makes might have something to do with that, the stretch run the Flyers faced was idiotic with the games compacted in that stretch. IIRC a few weeks ago they had played 3 or four less games than much of the competition they faced, all to be made up in the final week-and-a-half.

Also - somehow - the Penguins this season under the new coach are a bad matchup, it seems.
:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::whoppdeedoo: