• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina Panthers make roster moves - ESPN

No real surprises.
Cameron - 4th QB, he never even saw the field
Gay - punter, another team might pick him up, he looked pretty good
Hixson - CB, didn't really step up
Linberry - K, Gano showed he can do it
Moss - WR, too many others showed up
Nzegwu - DE, already too deep at that position
Rau - LB, again too deep there already
Silva - S, didn't see much from him
Walls - G, did he even play?

Pilares (WR), Zordich (FB), and Campbell (G) are heading to IR.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nothing earth-shattering, there. I guess the 3rd receiver battle is coming down to Edwards, Gettis, and maybe Ginn (though I doubt that).

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we have Wharton back. So we need to cut 4 more instead of 3. I've seen a few things saying Clausen should or will be cut since the GM has a history of only keeping 2 QB's. Maybe we'll try to trade him, there are some teams in need of a backup QB. If we cut him I don't think it will be until after the last preseason game.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart on PUP, Kugibla, Kearse, and Adams to IR. I think we will sign another OL or 2 after other teams make their final cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the final cuts

Panthers trim roster to 53

This is where our roster stands as of right now

Panthers trim roster to 53

A few notes - No real surprise that Clausen is gone, he did nothing to help himself in the preseason. I was really surprised that we waived/injured Gettis. He must have hurt that hamstring (or given the coaches something to think about when he could not play in the last preseason game) but he had done really well, some other team might pick him up. The other surprise related to this is we kept 5 WR's and 4 TE's. Fua was cut leaving Cam as the only player from the 2011 draft still on the active roster. We kept 10 O linemen but I think that we will bring in some guys for tryouts. Lester, so many of us were so happy when we got him as a UDFA, was cut but he didn't do much in the preseason. We might try to get him on the practice squad. The only guy I was really hoping would make it that did not was Roh, he made some plays, I'd like to see him on the practice squad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis and Florance suprised me.

was pleasantly suprised the Melvin White made the team.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettis and Florance suprised me.

was pleasantly suprised the Melvin White made the team.

Florence didn't do anything to lose the job, but he did not do enough to win the job. I think we are going to rely more on our TE's as receivers this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florence didn't do anything to lose the job, but he did not do enough to win the job. I think we are going to rely more on our TE's as receivers this year.

i saw that he didnt do alot, but he did have the most expierence even as the number 3 or 4. but it looks like we are going to go young and try to develope them... hope it works