• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rose Bowl #3 Georgia vs #2Oklahoma, 5PM EST, ESPN

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to the Badgers in the orange bowl. Still a shit load of points scored in that game. You could have mistaken it for a college basketball game instead of football.

We weren't well prepared for facing a high power spread offense, and we got got punched in the mouth early. Those halftime adjustments really paid off and are the reason we won.

Lack of first half defense is the reason the game was close to begin with, but solid second half defense is what gave us a chance to comeback.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't well prepared for facing a high power spread offense, and we got got punched in the mouth early. Those halftime adjustments really paid off and are the reason we won.

Lack of first half defense is the reason the game was close to begin with, but solid second half defense is what gave us a chance to comeback.

I have a hard time believing this. Georgia had ample time to prepare for OU’s offense. Regardless, they made the adjustments at halftime and pulled it off.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing this. Georgia had ample time to prepare for OU’s offense. Regardless, they made the adjustments at halftime and pulled it off.

When you're set up to run a pro style system, and so is pretty much every other team in your conference, it's hard simulate an offense like Oklahoma's at practice. Yes, they did prepare to face Oklahoma, but in reality, they weren't prepared come game time. They weathered the storm, adjusted at half time and it paid off.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to "prepare" for that kind of offense in practice against your best duel threat spread kinda QB but it's a different ballgame actually facing a Baker Mayfield led OU. Same as with Bama playing a Deshaun Watson led Clemson the last two years. There's just no replicating that kind of talent imo.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just keeping thinking one play here or one play there and this could have easily been an OU win without OT. Crazy game. The squib kick really hurt but also Riley kind of got complacent instead of staying aggressive.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just keeping thinking one play here or one play there and this could have easily been an OU win without OT. Crazy game. The squib kick really hurt but also Riley kind of got complacent instead of staying aggressive.

Well God damn, son, it was an OT game, one play here or there for Georgia and it could have been a regulation win for us as well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to "prepare" for that kind of offense in practice against your best duel threat spread kinda QB but it's a different ballgame actually facing a Baker Mayfield led OU. Same as with Bama playing a Deshaun Watson led Clemson the last two years. There's just no replicating that kind of talent imo.

It's why teams that aren't ACC teams or Georgia that doesn't have to face Georgia Tech every year tends to struggle with stopping the triple option. If you don't run the triple option, it's a tough offense to replicate in practice with a roster equipped to run a pro style or spread offense.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well God damn, son, it was an OT game, one play here or there for Georgia and it could have been a regulation win for us as well.
Imagine dawgs playing defense the first half the same as the second. There would have never been a need for OT.
Probably not even a close game. Will never know.