• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rory's Etiquette Lesson With His Three Iron

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:facepalm3:

The sports world was aghast that Tom would influence kids to swear on the sidelines of a football field. I'm surprised that Rory's immature little act isn't making more news.....just golf I guess.

I've never been inclined to throw a club and really don't understand it. Very surprised that a player at Rory's level would do that. It is definitely a bad example to set for young fans 'cause they'll actually think it's ok to do. He apologized but when your apology is full of jokes and smiles, it means less and even if it was sincere, it's still our actions that speak to youth.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sports world was aghast that Tom would influence kids to swear on the sidelines of a football field. I'm surprised that Rory's immature little act isn't making more news.....just golf I guess.

I've never been inclined to throw a club and really don't understand it. Very surprised that a player at Rory's level would do that. It is definitely a bad example to set for young fans 'cause they'll actually think it's ok to do. He apologized but when your apology is full of jokes and smiles, it means less and even if it was sincere, it's still our actions that speak to youth.

Homer,

I have seen the clip on ESPN at least 5 times already this morning. The beat writer stopped whatever he was doing to post on article on the ESPN website not minutes after it happened.

The front page of espn has the tag line to the story. The front page of the golf section is Rory throwing the club.

It's all over the place.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like the act but did like his willingness to answer questions about it afterward and own the mistake. Its never happened to me but then I don't get free replacement clubs overnighted to me by the manufacturer when I do it like McIlroy does.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like the act but did like his willingness to answer questions about it afterward and own the mistake. Its never happened to me but then I don't get free replacement clubs overnighted to me by the manufacturer when I do it like McIlroy does.

Which adds yet another level of doucheiness to the whole thing.

Not related to that but I once loaned my old set to a friend who wanted to take his friend golfing for the first time. Didn't know the dude too well but it was my old set and bag...we were in our twenties...I said yeah.

I guess this fuckhead got frustrated and thought it would be funny to toss the bag into the pond on #8. He retrieved it but when I got it back, my old putter was missing. Not expensive but the first putter I ever owned is rusted out at the bottom of some sludge.

I just feel like that sort of thing generally reveals a profound lack of maturity in handling the eventual certainty that each and every golfer will hit a shitty shot. Taking them in stride is what it's all about and shit, Rory wasn't even in contention down the stretch on Sunday.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which adds yet another level of doucheiness to the whole thing.

Not related to that but I once loaned my old set to a friend who wanted to take his friend golfing for the first time. Didn't know the dude too well but it was my old set and bag...we were in our twenties...I said yeah.

I guess this fuckhead got frustrated and thought it would be funny to toss the bag into the pond on #8. He retrieved it but when I got it back, my old putter was missing. Not expensive but the first putter I ever owned is rusted out at the bottom of some sludge.

I just feel like that sort of thing generally reveals a profound lack of maturity in handling the eventual certainty that each and every golfer will hit a shitty shot. Taking them in stride is what it's all about and shit, Rory wasn't even in contention down the stretch on Sunday.
Agreed. At the very least it looks unprofessional and undignified.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy in scuba gear just fished it out. I always found 3 irons better for retrieving balls from hard to reach places and throwing than trying to hit a golf ball with, too.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude throws even my old beater-bag in the drink, he's going in right after it. Do that with your own shit, but not anybody elses.

I hope you kicked that guy in the ding-ding.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah...if this was Tiger, Chamblee for certain would've fileted and fried his ass.

Instead TGC shows a collage of past players throwing clubs, etc.

It was bad, and I'm sure he can expect an envelope in the mail from the PGAT...move on.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was probably his best shot with the 3 iron