• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roquan Smith Ended his hold out!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the story out of Hallas Hall today was that Smith and James Daniels were close to breaking into the starting lineup.

We'll see what the hamstring situation really is
I hope the story is accurate, I'm pulling for both. Altho I think Daniels has a really good shot at claiming a starting spot on opening night, I still have my doubts about Roquan. Maybe the hammy issue was overblown and he'll be on the field this Saturday. That would be ideal. But if he's not, I don't see how on earth they'd line him up as a starter just two weeks later. Then again, that's why I'm sitting here behind a computer and not coaching the team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the story is accurate, I'm pulling for both. Altho I think Daniels has a really good shot at claiming a starting spot on opening night, I still have my doubts about Roquan. Maybe the hammy issue was overblown and he'll be on the field this Saturday. That would be ideal. But if he's not, I don't see how on earth they'd line him up as a starter just two weeks later. Then again, that's why I'm sitting here behind a computer and not coaching the team.

Reports are that the Bears are being cautious. Nagy called it "hour by hour". Which I take as meaning "he could be back on the practice field at any given time".

I'd be very disappointed if he can't go Saturday. I'd have to agree that it'd be the end of his Week 1 starting hopes. He'd still rotate in, though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're saying Roquan will play. Is limited in practice out of precaution.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels should be a starter. Dude is a mauler.

I don't understand why it's so up in the air... Kush has struggled. Daniels has been good. He clearly has more ability. Stick him in there and let him grow on the fly. Just like we did with Whitehair.

I want Daniels to play center. I can't take anymore of these Whitehair shotgun snaps

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why it's so up in the air... Kush has struggled. Daniels has been good. He clearly has more ability. Stick him in there and let him grow on the fly. Just like we did with Whitehair.

I want Daniels to play center. I can't take anymore of these Whitehair shotgun snaps

That's the thing...Whitehair has not been good at center. He played admirably his rookie year, and that's as far as I will go. He has been very average since then. Dude was a blue-chipper at LG. Let him play where he dominated in college.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing...Whitehair has not been good at center. He played admirably his rookie year, and that's as far as I will go. He has been very average since then. Dude was a blue-chipper at LG. Let him play where he dominated in college.

Yeah, it seemed like a no brainer when we drafted Daniels. I still think it's the inevitable move, but I don't get the hold up.

Whitehair was a bit above average last year according to most metrics, I think. However, it was definitely a slight drop-off from his stellar rookie season.

Long/Daniels/Whitehair is an ideal interior. Seems simple to me... :noidea: