• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie RBs - the next tier

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is vying to get a piece of Fournette, McCaffery, Cook, Mixon, Hunt.....but what about the other guys??

I know we've discussed some of these guys on different threads, but wondering if anyone's thoughts/gut feelings/perspectives have changed.

I have them listed in no particular order, added some of my thoughts to each.

What I want to know - you can rank them how you see them, but I'd like to see people just offer reasons for their top 2 from the list. I want to know why you'd stash so and so over that guy.

Alvin Kamara - everyone keeps saying passing down RB, but I don't think that's what the Saints have in mind. This will be the season of AP/Ingram, Kamara gets little action, unless there's an injury. Next year, no more AP/Ingram, Kamara gets shot to be the lead dog, in all phases of the game.

D'Onta Foreman - Interested to see if he plays in preseason wk4. If he does, I'll temper early season expectations. If he sits and is healthy, I'd take that as a sign that this kid has earned early season short yardage role.

Marlon Mack - I still like the dynamic he brings compared to Gore/Turbin, but Colts appear to be an absolute mess right now. Which could also bode well for rookie playing time? At some point this season, I think they'll give Mack a chance to touch the ball a bit on game day. Start the season spelling Gore on passing downs, while Turbin spells him on obvious running situations.

James Conner - really only think people should consider Conner for dynasty, or if they have Bell and want to cuff him. Not sure I saw anything overly impressive so far, but haven't been disappointed either.

Tarik Cohen - seems to be generating a lot of buzz behind Howard, in an offense that might struggle to leave the tarmac though on a weekly basis.

Chris Carson - with all the injuries, this kid has stepped up for Seattle. Rawls rookie explosion = Stinky Pete not scared to ride the hot hand, imo, which could end up being Carson? Absolute dart throw at best, but could be a gem if he somehow earns the RB1 role for SEA

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my NEXT guy is wayne Gallman...

Paul perkins was a later draft pick than Gallman, so the giants don't really have much in stock with Perkins... so he may not get a long leash... and Darkwa is not a long term option... Gallman could be STARTING pretty soon...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my eyeballs from the draft mean anything its that Mack and Joe Williams are the ones to watch and Kamara might be really good at some point but not this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foreman usurps Miller.
Kamara and Cohen will have a few games with their catching ability.

Mack and Gallman will NEED injuries ahead of them.

Conner doesn't get 40 carries.