• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Washington says he resigned from Rangers because of affair

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Washington says he resigned from Rangers because of affair

Earlier this month, Ron Washington unexpectedly resigned as manager of the Rangers after almost eight full seasons at the helm. At the time, he and the club cited undisclosed family reasons for the decision, though the Rangers did say that Washington's past drug use was not a factor.

On Thursday, Washington addressed the media and explained that he decided to quit after being unfaithful to his wife of 42 years.

Washington didn't take questions after his three-and-a-half-minute prepared statement. Here are some of his words, via CBS DFW:

“I made a mistake, and I am embarrassed. I was not true to my wife after 42 years. I broke her trust. I am here today to own that mistake.

“All I ask is for your forgiveness and understanding."

Washington later said that he looks forward to one day resuming his career in baseball.

Washington's wife, Geraldine, was present. After thanking his players, his coaches, the Rangers organization and the fans, he said he would "miss the Metroplex" and walked off with his arm around his wife.

Ron Washington says he resigned from Rangers because of affair - CBSSports.com

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be more to it. A lot of skepticism around town.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be more to it. A lot of skepticism around town.

Not necessarily...the affair(s) could've certainly been something that was only taking place during the season when he's on the road, so it's very possible that when his wife found out, she gave him an ultimatum that either he quits and stays close to home or she leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily...the affair(s) could've certainly been something that was only taking place during the season when he's on the road, so it's very possible that when his wife found out, she gave him an ultimatum that either he quits and stays close to home or she leaves.

Probably did get the ultimatum but I am thinking there had to be something more than that. Is he even still with his wife?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably did get the ultimatum but I am thinking there had to be something more than that. Is he even still with his wife?

Appears that way...she was at the press conference and they left together.

I believe he lives in New Orleans as I remember hearing that during Katrina his house was damaged and a couple of players donated money to him to fix it up, so if he's still living there and he had a mistress in the DFW area, I could see where his wife would want him to be close to home so he wouldn't be near the mistress.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

someone pointed out in another thread here on this subject that the lawyer that was with him yesterday is an SEC lawyer.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone pointed out in another thread here on this subject that the lawyer that was with him yesterday is an SEC lawyer.

meant to say his lawyer has experience dealing with the SEC, he's not with the SEC.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the ultimatum etc , afterall the guy has a long history of making some pretty poor decisions. Still I have to ask , why in hell is he telling the world? There's no fuckin way she wants him holding a press conference to tell the planet he got him a little something on the side. WTF is he thinking? Does he think he's got something to gain here?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok now it's making sense. Just read Washington resigned becuz he sexually assaulted a reporter earlier this season and he wanted out before the shit hit the fan. Why this whacky press conference IDK but this story is evidently going to hit soon and Wash didn't want it around the organization.