• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo Watch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 100% correct here. I don't even think Romo would consider these type teams

This is why I said that if Romo really does want top dollar then a bottom feeding team would pay him that. I don't think that is what he is looking for though which is why I think he is going to have to take a deal that benefits the team with incentives being a big driving part of the contract.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I said that if Romo really does want top dollar then a bottom feeding team would pay him that. I don't think that is what he is looking for though which is why I think he is going to have to take a deal that benefits the team with incentives being a big driving part of the contract.
I agree....Romo has enough money with plenty of broadcast options when he hangs um up.
Romo wants to continue playing for only one reason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....Romo has enough money with plenty of broadcast options when he hangs um up.
Romo wants to continue playing for only one reason.
I think it's two reasons. First and foremost is obviously to win a championship. But at this point I think he also is unhappy with how his career ended in Dallas and wants to prove that he can still play. if it was just the former he would hang them up if his only offers to start were teams like Cle or Jax. But because of the latter I think he will sign with anyone that gives him the chance to start in the NFL again while of course looking for the best spot to win.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tyrod most likely by teams isn't viewed as a long-term solution but neither is Romo. So if the Bills are signing Tyrod to a deal or reworking his contract it is with the idea that he is starting the next couple of years while they figure out who they want as the long-term solution. You don't sign a guy like Tyrod to a $15 million deal then also go sign Romo to another $15 million deal. That is just unheard of in this league. So to me if Buffalo decides Tyrod is their guy next year that takes them out of the running for Romo.
What they do with Romo would of course impact how they handle Taylor and visa versa. I'll worry about cap hits when there is something brewing instead of looking at 32 teams now. I'm not sure what kind of dead money Taylor has or more importantly what else Buffalo has going on with contracts. Regardless it doesn't change my opinion that Taylor is not a good NFL QB and it doesn't change my opinion that if the Bills think Romo can still be Romo that they will let Taylor stand in the way of getting him if they are comfortable with the $'s IF they feel they are a QB away from competing.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 100% correct here. I don't even think Romo would consider these type teams

You are right. Romo wants to play for a contender. But will there be an opportunity for him to play on contending team? If not, then he has to choose between playing for nothing or just retiring.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price tag actually isn't that bad if it is only at the $14 million range. I mean the Eagles were willing to pay Bradford $18 million. Throw in some of these teams probably have more cap space than what they know to do with. I mean I look at the Browns and $103 million right now in cap space. $14 million while a decent chunk still gives them plenty of room to spend elsewhere.

I could see a team like the Jaguars making a run at Romo. They have a good defense and it sounds like they don't view Bortles as the future of the QB position. So I could see them make a run at Romo and hope he is enough to get them over the top in a bad division.

Yes, $14 million is not bad these days although I wonder if Romo would even want to play for nothing under that kind of deal