• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo is out for the season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can agree with you Manster If McCarron is sitting there in the 3rd I pick him in a heatbeat and smile all day long. McCarron has the tools and has been in the spotlight and while Dallas is 100 times brighter he should not wither in the glare.

Im not going all in but the value is there in round 3 should he slip that far.

I'd prefer to to a real bad team in 14/15 and try to get a projected franchise QB in either the 25 or 16 draft. That said if they took McCarron I won't throw a rock threw the TV considering our QB situation. Problem is if Romo is fine we will lose any QB drafted in the 2nd or later before Romo is gone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Problem is if Romo is fine we will lose any QB drafted in the 2nd or later before Romo is gone"

you keep saying this and I don't see it this way at all. Four year contract for drafted rookies and Romo is good for 3 more seasons IF he stays upright. I sure don't reach but if a QB falls in my lap, I draft him and not worry about 4 years from now

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Problem is if Romo is fine we will lose any QB drafted in the 2nd or later before Romo is gone"

you keep saying this and I don't see it this way at all. Four year contract for drafted rookies and Romo is good for 3 more seasons IF he stays upright. I sure don't reach but if a QB falls in my lap, I draft him and not worry about 4 years from now

Isn't Romo signed through 2019. Now granted I don't see him seeing the final two years of the deal with the current structure of his contract, but to get under the cap next year they pretty much have to redo his deal and push some of his money into 2018. Of course this brings up another issue. How can Jerry redo the contract if Romo's career is done? At the very least this has became an interesting off season.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Romo signed through 2019. Now granted I don't see him seeing the final two years of the deal with the current structure of his contract, but to get under the cap next year they pretty much have to redo his deal and push some of his money into 2018. Of course this brings up another issue. How can Jerry redo the contract if Romo's career is done? At the very least this has became an interesting off season.

oh yea it will be

and until after tonight Im not even going to go into the what if's Romo cant come back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This most recent injury reminds us he could get hurt at any time. Plus, you could pay a kid almost nothing and save a ton on the cap versus what you pay a guy like Orton. Anyway, even if Romo plays 4 more years, who is going to outbid us for a mid round QB that barely sees the field for his first 4 years when his first contract is up?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Jerry can do a version of the Bobby Bonilla deal. Instead of just buying out the remainder of the contract, defer payment for years and then pay Romo 1 million a year for 25 years.

That sounds right up his alley.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jerry can do a version of the Bobby Bonilla deal. Instead of just buying out the remainder of the contract, defer payment for years and then pay Romo 1 million a year for 25 years.

That sounds right up his alley.

Steve Young should be getting 1 Million a year from the USFL LA Express :)

Insurance in the form of an annuity but young never funded the annuity

Strange things happen in sports