• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roku to sound bar - how the hell is it possible?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samsung tv, LG soundbar...doesn't fucking work. I did a bit of googling on the subject. It seems it just flat doesn't work. That's bullshit. I'm not listening thru the damn shit tv speakers.

Am I doing anything wrong or am I just fucked? I need a geek.

I hooked up the Roku stick directly to my soundbar thru hdmi cable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't return the Roku yet. Someone will have the answer. Why hook up the sound bar to your Roku? Try shutting off your TV speakers, hooking up the sound bar to your TV , then see how things work.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I saw you mention the reason you wanted Roku was to get stuff other then Netflix. You should check out this thread.
I want to fuck the cable company

I'm waiting for my firestick loaded with Kodi, hoping for lots of content.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I saw you mention the reason you wanted Roku was to get stuff other then Netflix. You should check out this thread.
I want to fuck the cable company

I'm waiting for my firestick loaded with Kodi, hoping for lots of content.
Roku stick has faster streaming capabilities.... and better wifi coverage than Firestick. You can do pretty much everything with Roku that you can with the Firestick... It comes loaded with amazon prime. I just got the Roku stick and asked around before I got it... everyone that had experience with the two said to go with Roku.

As for the sound... I am pretty sure you can call Roku directly and they can tell you how to get it to work.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roku stick has faster streaming capabilities.... and better wifi coverage than Firestick. You can do pretty much everything with Roku that you can with the Firestick... It comes loaded with amazon prime. I just got the Roku stick and asked around before I got it... everyone that had experience with the two said to go with Roku.

As for the sound... I am pretty sure you can call Roku directly and they can tell you how to get it to work.
Haven't experienced it yet, but I hear fire stick loaded with kodi kicks ass. I'll let you know my take on it after I get the equipment up and running. As for Roku, I think my blue ray player has all the usual, Netflix, Amazon prime, vudu, Hula, TMZ, Vimeo, You Tube plus a bunch of other stuff I think is crap. Had a Roku player once, but moved on from it, perhaps it's content has improved.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't experienced it yet, but I hear fire stick loaded with kodi kicks ass. I'll let you know my take on it after I get the equipment up and running. As for Roku, I think my blue ray player has all the usual, Netflix, Amazon prime, vudu, Hula, TMZ, Vimeo, You Tube plus a bunch of other stuff I think is crap. Had a Roku player once, but moved on from it, perhaps it's content has improved.
Yeah.. they upgraded.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. they upgraded.
So what does it get you that my blue ray player ( which I've had for years) doesn't have? You might want to google what fire stick loaded with kodi can produce.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does it get you that my blue ray player ( which I've had for years) doesn't have? You might want to google what fire stick loaded with kodi can produce.
The Roku stick's hardware is superior to firestick... Your blue ray player may have better hardware.. the point of the roku stick is its cost... 49.99. I would assume if you bought a newer blu ray player its hardware is better than both the fire stick and the roku stick... Both are meant for low end entry level streaming.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled everything about both and talked to a handful of people before I got the roku stick.. nobody that has had the firestick recommended it. Everyone at best buy said the same thing... I just got the roku stick this week so that is all fresh info.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled everything about both and talked to a handful of people before I got the roku stick.. nobody that has had the firestick recommended it. Everyone at best buy said the same thing... I just got the roku stick this week so that is all fresh info.
Let me repeat fire stick loaded with kodi. Kodi is the key, Google kodi.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spend a little extra dough and get the Roku2 (upgraded 2015 version).

I had the amazon Firestick for the bedroom, but I sent it back. Got really hot and I didn't get a lot of TV.