• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell: Thursday Night Football to be streamed live on Twitter

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unfortunately I live on the wrong side of the Kansas/Colorado State Line. The NFL has this idea in their head that because the word Kansas is in Kansas City that all of Kansas are huge Chiefs fans. The issue being the Chiefs are not actually in Kansas and where I am is much much closer to Denver than KC and most of the town is actually big Broncos fans. I keep emailing CBS and Fox about this issue but so far have not got them to look at distance compared to state line.

Oh...that i70 drive man is one lonely stretch thru KS...we used to perk up when we saw the Salinas, KS sign.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is weird. I use Twitter but never thought of Twitter as a place to stream content. It's just where I turn to for smart-ass commentary and GIFs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell angling to have the NFL become background noise, just like twitter is?

Sure becoming background noise can rake in the cash, but it's always in competition with everything. Football had no competition on Sundays. The only competition was a nice sunny day. The more often that people feel like they didn't miss anything by not tuning into the game the more that mindset will grow.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took my browser a little bit of time to load that tweet. I assume that is a sign of things to come.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little by little...these are more or less tests...they streamed a few games via yahoo.

It's going to take some time, but unless they are as arrogant and stubborn as GM was in the 70s in the face Japanese competition, the streaming medium has the cable industry just a little nervous.

I hate watching things streaming... TV or in person for me!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate watching things streaming... TV or in person for me!

There are still people with rotary dial phones too...lol

Just busting...it's not for everyone for certain...I've seen a few programs my daughter watches via streaming when she comes over...she said here it's almost like watching TV but in her apartment...too choppy, internet speed too slow she said.

Live...I'm going to go to the new dome when it opens, just to experience it, but I'm kinda done with live NFL.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a Twitter account so the TV is just fine for me.

If Goodell is really serious about developing the EU market though, he'd better figure out a way to broadcast games on Saturday. The EU will not be tuning into Sunday afternoon games at 10PM on Sunday night. Move the SB to Saturday night as well. North America would like that, what better night to play the big game than Saturday?

Saturday night? And interfere with Hockey Night in Canada?

Sacre Bleu!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$ is the only thing good for the players from my perspecitve.

Playing on a short week is never good. The body needs time to heal.

I'll watch for sure, but I was never happy about the Thursday game aside from Turkey Day.

Fuck em. I never cared if the gladiators were well rested when I was a kid and I damn sure don't care now.

Entertain me bitches.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck em. I never cared if the gladiators were well rested when I was a kid and I damn sure don't care now.

Entertain me bitches.

I suppose.

But it still isn't good for them no matter who does or doesn't give a fuck.

When we were kids they were well rested.

When I was 30 they were well rested.

It ain't no namby pamby sport like baseball or hoops.

I'm not quite sure how hockey players do it. In the hey day they played 2, travel, 2, travel, 1, travel, 1, travel, 1. And that was a best of 7 playoff series. Now even they stretch it our seemingly endlessly.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey on the main television, football on the back up monitor? We can make this work!!!!

Are you actually giving a shit about hockey this year?

I'm having a fuck of a time caring.

Since we got the new TV package up here (fucking SportsNet) I can no longer see every Montreal game (Anglais ou Francais). I barely know who is good anymore. Probably watched 3 entire games this year.

I hope my interest level picks up come playoffs.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you actually giving a shit about hockey this year?

I'm having a fuck of a time caring.

Since we got the new TV package up here (fucking SportsNet) I can no longer see every Montreal game (Anglais ou Francais). I barely know who is good anymore. Probably watched 3 entire games this year.

I hope my interest level picks up come playoffs.
Rogers has fucked everything up. Last night every hockey game was blacked out and 5 sports channels were broadcasting the same fucking baseball game. Fortunately we always get Habs games. I seriously hope they fire that dimwit coach in the off season, but I doubt it.

I'm pulling for the Stars in the playoffs.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers has fucked everything up. Last night every hockey game was blacked out and 5 sports channels were broadcasting the same fucking baseball game. Fortunately we always get Habs games. I seriously hope they fire that dimwit coach in the off season, but I doubt it.

I'm pulling for the Stars in the playoffs.

Wings and Ducks (if the Wings get in).

Unless Montreal plays on a Saturday night they rarely show up out here.

There is more hockey on TV than ever before and I can't make myself sit there and watch. Recorded, a quick scan through, yup. 3 hours of hockey? Can't do it.

At least the Canucks suck balls.....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is weird. I use Twitter but never thought of Twitter as a place to stream content. It's just where I turn to for smart-ass commentary and GIFs.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how it works out. I cut out cable/satellite a couple years ago. Got NFL rewind and would watch a game or two at the bar last year, ended up going kinda nuts with the NFL games through the week and watched every snap of the 2016 season. I did like the yahoo streaming game, and did the same with the Superbowl which worked great, can run my tablet to my TV in HD, and it looks plenty fine. I'm more than ok with more streaming options for games.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still won't watch unless the Cardinals are playing.