• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Rocks All Star week Gala event thread for the masses

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are absolutely not going to be All in on 2017, and they shouldnt be

I have total faith in Cashman that all the talk around the Yankees is just talk, and all he will be doing is tinkering with BP help, maybe a mid rotation starter

Id love Brad Hand, but word now is that he will be the Andrew Miller of this trade deadline

They don't need to be..... only worry imo is Betances (who looked like he was going to lose the game last night). I'll honestly admit I know nothing about Hand

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to be..... only worry imo is Betances (who looked like he was going to lose the game last night). I'll honestly admit I know nothing about Hand

Betances is a problem, this is why the Yankees wont commit to him long term......When he loses his command, and when men are on base, he is a big headache.......

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damaged Goods is wishful thinking, Tommy John Surgery for a position player on a non throwing arm, is all about recovery, no history of long term issues.....So at the old gray age of 20, Torres will still have time

Moncada is a total bust, Like ive said for a year...Guy cannot stop striking out, the White Sox can not get him to the Major leagues

And yes, I know Moncada was higher rated

And yes, Sale is FAAAAAR better than Quintana

And Yes, BOTH Torres AND Frazier is a bigger package than Moncada and Koepech for the Far lesser pitcher

So yes, My original point was correct
A high strike out rate doesn't stop someone from getting to the majors (see Judge, Aaron).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betances is a problem, this is why the Yankees wont commit to him long term......When he loses his command, and when men are on base, he is a big headache.......

yeah he apparently is seeming to be an issue. Hope he pitches every time the Red Sox play them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As Kay said a few weeks ago, Betances is only fine when he has a 1-2-3 inning. The second he allows a runner is when he loses command and allow runners to steal bases and etc.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damaged Goods is wishful thinking, Tommy John Surgery for a position player on a non throwing arm, is all about recovery, no history of long term issues.....So at the old gray age of 20, Torres will still have time

Moncada is a total bust, Like ive said for a year...Guy cannot stop striking out, the White Sox can not get him to the Major leagues

And yes, I know Moncada was higher rated

And yes, Sale is FAAAAAR better than Quintana

And Yes, BOTH Torres AND Frazier is a bigger package than Moncada and Koepech for the Far lesser pitcher

So yes, My original point was correct

Frazier at AAA this year .256/.344/.473/.816 = "untradeable!"

Moncada at AAA this year .282/.380/.451/.831="Bust!"

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada was higher rated (by unbiased sources) than either Frazier or Torres. And Torres is now damaged goods.

Damaged goods is a bit of a stretch, I haven't read a single report that suggests he won't come back and be 100%.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A high strike out rate doesn't stop someone from getting to the majors (see Judge, Aaron).

Well, in a league where much lower rated prospects are getting called up every day, Im sure the team with no playoff aspirations, would love to get the "Top" prospect in baseball, a taste of the bigs....He isnt forcing the issue, to say the very least

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier at AAA this year .256/.344/.473/.816 = "untradeable!"

Moncada at AAA this year .282/.380/.451/.831="Bust!"

Arguing just to argue

The point that im sure you agree with

"Gleyber and Frazier for Jose Quintana is a dreamable scenario for the White Sox that will never happen"

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in a league where much lower rated prospects are getting called up every day, Im sure the team with no playoff aspirations, would love to get the "Top" prospect in baseball, a taste of the bigs....He isnt forcing the issue, to say the very least
If that were true they would just call him up. It's not like he's hitting poorly. The way the league is going, with K-rates breaking records every year, you think a team wouldn't call a guy up because he strikes out too much?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were true they would just call him up. It's not like he's hitting poorly. The way the league is going, with K-rates breaking records every year, you think a team wouldn't call a guy up because he strikes out too much?

Yes, everything Ive read is that his "readiness" is the only reason he isnt up in the bigs

I dont dis-agree with the strikeout assessment, but it needs to be offset by something special

Judge has what? 104 k's? If it wasnt offset by his otherwise spectacular numbers, Judge wouldnt be on the ML level

From what Im reading, and what makes most sense, is that the White Sox dont believe Moncada will offer enough outside of those strikeout totals AS OF NOW, to justify his call up

I cant blame them, they saw what he gave the Sox last season in his call up, and dont expect much different at this stage

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, everything Ive read is that his "readiness" is the only reason he isnt up in the bigs

I dont dis-agree with the strikeout assessment, but it needs to be offset by something special

Judge has what? 104 k's? If it wasnt offset by his otherwise spectacular numbers, Judge wouldnt be on the ML level

From what Im reading, and what makes most sense, is that the White Sox dont believe Moncada will offer enough outside of those strikeout totals AS OF NOW, to justify his call up

I cant blame them, they saw what he gave the Sox last season in his call up, and dont expect much different at this stage
That's where I disagree though. I don't think teams look at it that way at the ML level. You don't have to be doing something extra special to offset strikeout numbers. The numbers are the numbers. He's making an out 62% of the time this year. Whether that's via strikeout or groundout doesn't really matter most of the time.

They probably just feel that there's no point in pushing it since they aren't going to contend. He'll get some time in September.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I disagree though. I don't think teams look at it that way at the ML level. You don't have to be doing something extra special to offset strikeout numbers. The numbers are the numbers. He's making an out 62% of the time this year. Whether that's via strikeout or groundout doesn't really matter most of the time.

They probably just feel that there's no point in pushing it since they aren't going to contend. He'll get some time in September.

I think we both agree that he probably hasnt come along as quickly as they had hoped

"Bust" is obviously strong and just my opinion since he came up last season

But I also didnt see this coming with Judge, so of course he could end up being a star

Either way, the White Sox arent getting Gleyber and Frazier for Jose Quintana

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we both agree that he probably hasnt come along as quickly as they had hoped

"Bust" is obviously strong and just my opinion since he came up last season

But I also didnt see this coming with Judge, so of course he could end up being a star

Either way, the White Sox arent getting Gleyber and Frazier for Jose Quintana
He's pretty much maintained the same K-rate, OBP, and SB% every where he's gone. His ceiling might be elite leadoff hitter as opposed to 3-hitter, but I wouldn't call that a bust.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty much maintained the same K-rate, OBP, and SB% every where he's gone. His ceiling might be elite leadoff hitter as opposed to 3-hitter, but I wouldn't call that a bust.

One failed, albeit small, ML sample

Not promoted to the bigs yet due to his "not being ready"

Stay tuned

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you aren't really basing your assessment on that.

No, but combined with his coming along slow this season, may be time to worry

I do wonder of the track record of non power hitters with a propensity for big strikeout totals in the minors

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but combined with his coming along slow this season, may be time to worry

I do wonder of the track record of non power hitters with a propensity for big strikeout totals in the minors
I don't think the White Sox would consider this a slow start though. He was still a top 5 prospect in baseball before he started showing power last season, and he's had more power this year than he did back then still.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the White Sox would consider this a slow start though. He was still a top 5 prospect in baseball before he started showing power last season, and he's had more power this year than he did back then still.

For fantasy purposes alone, Im reading the opposite, that for the most part they expected he would be in the bigs by now

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fantasy purposes alone, Im reading the opposite, that for the most part they expected he would be in the bigs by now
I'd like to know the source on that. Did the White Sox organization think he would be ready by now, or did the White Sox media? Plus, it doesn't really make sense. He started out hot and cooled off after he got hurt. I seriously doubt the White Sox are concerned about him when he was hitting well for 2 months, then had an awful June after he had to go on the DL because of the thumb.