• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rob Report Back

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poozz9kzUeU&feature=share&list=UUtblLfYa5QmFUndxGGdp24g"]Seahawks Training camp 2013 (Real Rob Report) - YouTube[/ame]

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Michael Bennett needs to get rid of that damn homeless beard!

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved how Clem lectured Michael on his rap. That's what vets are for!

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved from Tacoma to Richmond VA a couple years ago and I love the Richmond banter between RW and Mike Rob. I'm thousands of miles away but I can still feel a connection to my team!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every episode he has done since he started doing it and it's a really great inside look at the team. I love that he does this, it's insanely entertaining.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rob report is outstanding and he's a locker room fave.

However, MRob is 30 yo. Makes $2.5mm and is a free agent next season.

Derrick Coleman has all the skills that MRob has. Power, can catch the swing pass and
is outstanding on ST's. He costs under $500K and is only 22 yo and wouldn't be a free
agent for a few years (2017?)

Then you have Ware, who has skills, too. Another guy who has power, has soft hands and
can play ST's. Add in the fact that he's only 21 and won't stick on the practice squad,
what does PC/JS do?

I can see them keeping 2 FB / ST's guys.

MRob is huge in the locker room but from a youth, financial and free agency approach,
I'm having to break the bad news to MRob and keep the youth.

3 more games to see what Coleman and Ware deliver. Run hard, play ST's and they're in.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every episode he has done since he started doing it and it's a really great inside look at the team. I love that he does this, it's insanely entertaining.

I think Robinson and Moffitt should do a radio show together when they retire.

"Mike and Moffitt in the Morning!"

I could see that on ESPN radio or something.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved how Clem lectured Michael on his rap. That's what vets are for!

Yeah, he was pissed. With all the talk about drugs in our locker room we don't need some guy rapping about smoking weed.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRob is huge in the locker room but from a youth, financial and free agency approach, I'm having to break the bad news to MRob and keep the youth.

I think MRob is fine this year and probably still our best FB, but next year he is either going to have to take a significant paycut, or find another job. The Hawks will have much younger and more important players to pay for.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike rob aint going anywhere....hes gonna be there wearing the C on his jersey.

You dont cut your teams leader when your gearing up for a superbowl run

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman and Ware are making a lot of noise in TC. Lets not forget that this a business.

Both those guys are good blockers and provide value at STs while costing a fraction of what Robinson costs. I dont think that his leadership is irreplacable and with the roster being built the way it is, who knows how often a FB will be on the field.

Love the guy, but the writing is on the wall.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all reports ware is being used more at the tailback spot. Ive never heard coleman being mentioned at fb.

Maybe next yr ur right but this yr the team is under the cap. Mike rob aint goin anywhere

Sea runs more then any other team, fb is a vital position on this team.

This aint fantasy football

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the youngsters have all the talent that MRob has, BUUUTTTT>..........we are going for it, and the leadership he provides and clubhouse presence, those things help in winning Championships.
In terms of money, I don't believe this year is an issue.
MRob stays this year, or gets injured and is put on IR? He is too valuable in many ways. He Stays.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rob report is outstanding and he's a locker room fave. However, MRob is 30 yo. Makes $2.5mm and is a free agent next season.

MRob is huge in the locker room but from a youth, financial and free agency approach, I'm having to break the bad news to MRob and keep the youth.

I'm not sure why anyone would be shocked with MRob's release. This isn't some pat on the back because I thought it was pretty obvious he was headed out the door. You don't gloat over the obvious.

Do you know what this also means and I wrote it up in another thread regarding my favorite Hawk alignment for 2013?

The Hawks are likely going to more 11 sets which is what I'm calling for or it's Bevell's head. Less Power I and more 11 coming to a NFL football stadium near you.

Hawks Rock! :thrasher:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman and Ware are making a lot of noise in TC. Lets not forget that this a business.

Both those guys are good blockers and provide value at STs while costing a fraction of what Robinson costs. I dont think that his leadership is irreplacable and with the roster being built the way it is, who knows how often a FB will be on the field.

Love the guy, but the writing is on the wall.

Good call S. Sad to lose vets but this window is large and you don't keep the highest paid NFL fullback, only to lose him next year and lose a young back that can be with you for a few years. You saw it and am surprised more didn't see this with MRob.

Winfield falls into the same category. Why lose a young CB that we'll wish we had for the next 5 yrs to develop over a 1 year stop gap in Winfield? Winfield had to win this in a landslide and he didn't. Youth and upside all the way.

Tough calls but neither are a shock or surprising. Not at all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to add my two cents. I knew Robinson may become a salary cap victim going into the preseason and I made a prediction that Ware would unset him, however I just didn't see the preformance by either Coleman or Ware to justify cutting Robinson.

So I'm going to make a prediction that Robinson gets resigned week 2 after passing waivers.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to add my two cents. I knew Robinson may become a salary cap victim going into the preseason and I made a prediction that Ware would unset him, however I just didn't see the preformance by either Coleman or Ware to justify cutting Robinson.

So I'm going to make a prediction that Robinson gets resigned week 2 after passing waivers.

It could happen, no doubt. But, is Robinson at 30 worth keeping? :noidea:

I hope to see more 11 sets which the following is the variation I'd like to see more of in 2013, even with a running game focus.

I hope Bevell understands that there are teams that we should come out and play a different style of ball. Then you mix in the power running game. Start out putting RWill in the shotgun with Lynch to his left with Zach and a 3 wr set of Rice, Tate and Baldwin.

It's a multi-dimensional set with 3 WR routes, Zach blocking and then slipping into the flat or running a delayed style draw to Lynch or having beast slide for a screen which is really a glorified handoff. Lynch had an outstanding ypc last year. It also looks to have the potential to be read option. I love that look.

I want to start fast. None of this dink around in the first half, especially the tough road games we have this season and then having RWill to be called on for late game heroics.

SF, Rams, Texans, Carolina are the 4 teams with their front 7's that we need to start out with a different script than with the other 10 games. Those 4 have similar strengths and weaknesses.

For example, when you know that the 9ers are starting a rookie Free Safety in Cover 1 with Dante Whitner playing around the l.o.s., you run the fake to Lynch, a pump and go on the outside to Rice and test Reid if his over aggressive style leaves Rice with no safety help. Or RWill uses his eyes looking at Rice, the rook floats that direction and RWill comes back to the other side to Tate on a 9 or Baldwin on a cross..

That is what I'd like to see a lot more in 2013. It's so versatile, tough to defense and features our main strength. Allowing RWill to make the play. It will work and make our offense a 1st half howitzer. :clap:

I liked MRob but give us 2 games to evaluate and see how much we miss MRob. I think MRob's best attributes were the swing pass coming out of the backfield. He was a good blocker, not great, and his running skills were below avg if we really want to be honest about it. I never trusted that fullback dive and feared handing off to MRob everytime we did it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lynch,CM, and Turbin Seahawks don't need a FB that is a great runner, they need him to be a good blocker not just on running plays but on passing plays. Also it's a plus if he he can swing out for a pass.

While I'd like to see a game plan that put more into featuring RW playing off play action pass and take advantage of teams playing the run, I just have my doubts that the Seahawks will start off with that game plan. Hope I'm wrong.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lynch,CM, and Turbin Seahawks don't need a FB that is a great runner, they need him to be a good blocker not just on running plays but on passing plays. Also it's a plus if he he can swing out for a pass.

While I'd like to see a game plan that put more into featuring RW playing off play action pass and take advantage of teams playing the run, I just have my doubts that the Seahawks will start off with that game plan. Hope I'm wrong.

I wish Bevell took your words of wisdom in the playoffs and I agree.

Sando needs to run a report on sets with MRob in the backfield. Then compare how many rushes vs passes and the effectiveness of each. Most, like 95% of MRobs sets are 21 or 22. Time for 11.

The great thing about our O, is that we don't have to establish the run to set up play action. We've already established the rushing threat the past 2 seasons and D-Co's game plan for that aspect.

Do we have a true FB? How many TE's do we have? 2. ??? What is that telling our fans? I know what it's telling me.

This is an extreme case of alignment 11. It's coming.... Can't wait :peace: