• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rob Manfred Wants Barry Bonds "Engaged With Baseball"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First Pete Rose and now Barry Bonds.

Manfred is on the move. :eek:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry needs to be the Giants new hitting/conditioning/supplements coach.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my opinion that there's a huge difference between Rose and Bonds.

Rose played the game clean, legally and as hard as anyone, if not everyone, ever has. None of his stats are in question. None fo his 3 World Series rings is questioned either. While Bonds never tested positive once testing was mandated, he DID test positive during initial testing. He showed MULTIPLE signs and effects of using PEDs. One look at his card from Pirates days versus Giants (the head alone answers everything" speaks volumes to the physical changes he went through. In regard to muscle growth, HGH cause bone growth and stimulation. Bonds hat size went from 7 1/8 to 7 1/2, his shoe size from 10 1/2- 13. That doesn't happen in normally healthy adults.

Rose broke a defined rule, no doubt. But his doing so didn't remotely cause tarnish to the game as Bonds did. Bonds PED use contributed to calling into question an entire era of baseball. He doesn't deserve to be allowed to work in baseball. As long as he denies and treat everyone for fools he doesn't deserve the respect at all.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart man. ignore the steroid era and no one will be going to the hall of fame for quite so time. what guys in there 30-40s are going to want to go to see a shrine with the best players of their era not in there.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rose played the game clean, legally and as hard as anyone, if not everyone, ever has. None of his stats are in question. None fo his 3 World Series rings is questioned either. While Bonds never tested positive once testing was mandated, he DID test positive during initial testing. He showed MULTIPLE signs and effects of using PEDs. One look at his card from Pirates days versus Giants (the head alone answers everything" speaks volumes to the physical changes he went through. In regard to muscle growth, HGH cause bone growth and stimulation. Bonds hat size went from 7 1/8 to 7 1/2, his shoe size from 10 1/2- 13. That doesn't happen in normally healthy adults.

Rose broke a defined rule, no doubt. But his doing so didn't remotely cause tarnish to the game as Bonds did. Bonds PED use contributed to calling into question an entire era of baseball. He doesn't deserve to be allowed to work in baseball. As long as he denies and treat everyone for fools he doesn't deserve the respect at all.

he didn't tarnish the game at all. it was an exciting time in baseball. just because he was the best on them doesn't make him any worse. people need to get over it. baseball has always been a game of cheaters

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i tend to somewhat agree...but...

rose broke THE ultimate rule in baseball. dont gamble on games, especially ones you play in or manage...and his what, 30+ year denial?

thats really hard to forgive...its the ultimate sin in baseball.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So one guy broke a rule and one didn't and the league is supposed to be harder on the guy who didn't?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I turn on the TV and see Arod hitting homers. If that clown is allowed in MLB, Bonds should be fine.

Bonds was an asshole and defiant. He burnt a lot of bridges.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds was an asshole and defiant. He burnt a lot of bridges.

did he have his moments of being an a-hole? absolutely. the reason it is brought to light is because he didn't give the media the access they wanted

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds is not OFFICIALLY barred from any MLB-related activity. He actually shows up to Giants ST each year to help out the hitters.

For Manfred to say he want Bonds more involved is not a statement of any change in policy. It is just a statement of his opinion/desire.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100% that Bonds and Rose are two completely different situations.

That is about the end of where I agree with this post.