• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 2015 Eagles Mock Draft 4-17 (5 Rounds)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rd 1: Nelson Agholor WR USC
  • Inside, outside, returns … Agholor can do it all. He's arguably the sharpest route runner in the draft and one of the smartest WR's available to boot. He may not be the best receiver in this draft, but he's a great fit for what Chip is looking for due to his versatility and experience running pro routes. With Matthews moving outside, Agholor will move into Matthews' old role and likely thrive. Austin and Huff will split duties at the other flanker spot with Cooper getting his snaps in a backup role. Ideally Huff will beat out Austin in camp and secure the outside spot to himself, but either way I think Kelly will move all of them around depending on matchups. I think Agholor can push for ROY honors in this system.
  • TRADE *** Eagles trade Brandon Boykin and their 3rd round pick to the Dolphins for Miami's 2nd round pick (pick # 47). Boykin is in the final year of his rookie deal and his snap count went down a good chunk last season. Chip went out and signed Walter Thurmond who will step right into Boykin's role. Miami has already showed interest in Boykin who will step right in and start for them.

Rd 2 Pick 47: Eric Rowe DB Utah (via trade with Miami)
  • Guys like Rowe who have the versatility to line up anywhere in the 2ndary are valuable in any scheme; much like Devin McCourty whom the Eagles wanted to add in free agency. Ideally he can win the starting role opposite Maxwell at Corner, but in the end his best position may be that Devin McCourty FS /Middle Corner role. Either way the kid's a very good “all around” prospect whom Chip can fit in somewhere in the defensive backfield. We have some young guys who may be able to step into the FS role, so Rowe is likely to start his career as a press Corner.

Rd 2 Pick 52: Bryce Petty QB Baylor
  • Petty is a good fit for what Chip likes to do and is a guy who doesn't have to step in and start year one. Chip has enough leeway where he can basically red shirt Petty a year or even two and fine tune him in this offense. Bradford is on a 1 year now or never audition and Sanchez is short term insurance. If Bradford stays healthy and puts it all together then great … but if he gets hurt again or doesn't live up to the expectations then Chip goes into 2016 with his QB of the future already having a year of experience under his belt (Sanchez would also still be under contract).

Rd 4: Pick 113: Henry Anderson DE Stanford
  • Anderson plays with leverage at either Tackle or End with quick/light feet, long arms and very good hand fighting from the snap. Once he frees up he has very good acceleration to either the ball carrier or the QB for a player his size. His best fit is as a 3-4 End which is a good thing because it may allow some teams who don't run that scheme to pass him over. For the Eagles I think he's a value pick who will rotate in on some packages from the jump and be a solid back up option if Thornton were to get hurt. Thornton is solid, but the Eagles only signed him for the one year tender and Anderson may be the better option in pass rush situations and could step in full time if Thornton is allowed to walk in 2016.

Rd 5 Pick 145: Shaquille Riddick LB West Virginia
  • Lean, tall, quick penetrating player. He needs to add some weight and isn't a guy who will bull rush and shed, but he's a flexible kid who knows how to shoot gaps and make plays for negative yards. For a tall player he can change direction very well which bodes well for him being able to drop back if need be to cover. He has experience as both an edge rusher or an outside backer. In Rd 5 you look for guys with upside and to me this kid has a good deal of upside if he can add 10 more lbs of muscle. He only played one year at West Virginia and did very well after playing at Gardner-Webb his prior years.

Rd 5 Pick 156: Mark Glowinski OL West Virginia
  • We go back to back Mountaineers in Rd 5. Glowinski is not a kid you will hear hype on, but after watching a few WVU games this past season I loved what I saw. He played in their spread offense which is similar to what Chip runs and looked very nimble and powerful. I write notes on players whom I've never heard of when I watch games and I jotted his name down a couple of times when reading back my season notes. I don't think there's much game film of him (if any), but he had an excellent showing at the Shrine Game if any of you get bored and want to check him out. He's strictly a Guard at the next level even though he played both Guard and Tackle in college.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of any of those picks. :noidea:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to come out of this draft with Byron Jones, Agholor, and Rowe. It's up to Chip to get it done.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of any of those picks. :noidea:

Wiz, I'm kind of going by whom we've shown interest in. The Eagles have shown tons of interest in Agholor and he won't be available in Rd 2. I think WR's will fly off the board in Rd 1 and we have an obvious need after losing Maclin. Rowe is a DB who's been on the rise and again it's a guy we've shown interest in and is an area of obvious need. The QB pick weather it be Petty, Grayson or Hundley is a position I think Chip will go for as insurance ... I like Bradford if healthy, but he's on a one year deal and has the injury history. Sanchez is nothing more than vet insurance imo, so doesn't it make sense for Chip to grab his QB of choice? Rd's 4 and 5 are depth guys whom I like. Who are you rooting for that we get Wiz? I don't post as much as I use to, so I'm a bit out of the loop on who people like ...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip may wait to later on for a QB, and pick Fajardo (Nevada). I agree with Rowe and Agholor (a must have), and hope he can still get Byron Jones, as I said before. In your mock, Rey, I would try to get a versatile OL by the 4th round if possible.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to argue this one except if things went this way we still would need a starting corner or safety. Thurman could slide into Boykins role and figure Rowe either at safety or corner. I would not draft the d end in round 4 and look to either deal back into round 3 to guarantee another corner or safety or draft a safety or corner in round 4

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have too many needs to use the 2nd pick on a QB. What if Bradford stays healthy and becomes the QB everyone thinks he can be. What do we do with that QB now? If that were the pick I would be pretty pissed off at Chip. Why get rid of Foles if you are drafting a guy to take over. Foles would have cost us a lot less if we were going that direction in the draft.

The only early round QB I can see us drafting is Mariota but doubt that happens.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I'm kind of going by whom we've shown interest in. The Eagles have shown tons of interest in Agholor and he won't be available in Rd 2. I think WR's will fly off the board in Rd 1 and we have an obvious need after losing Maclin. Rowe is a DB who's been on the rise and again it's a guy we've shown interest in and is an area of obvious need. The QB pick weather it be Petty, Grayson or Hundley is a position I think Chip will go for as insurance ... I like Bradford if healthy, but he's on a one year deal and has the injury history. Sanchez is nothing more than vet insurance imo, so doesn't it make sense for Chip to grab his QB of choice? Rd's 4 and 5 are depth guys whom I like. Who are you rooting for that we get Wiz? I don't post as much as I use to, so I'm a bit out of the loop on who people like ...
I think Agholor offers little value in the first. We have too many needs and WR is deep.
Rowe may not be as good as Boykins but if you like him as a S than that's alright.
Petty is just not needed and may be Foles all over again.
Anderson looks stiff to me and not real athletic. I don't think he makes a great pro.
Riddick is ok but after our 1st rd pick last year I don't want to go through that again.
Glowinski may be ok, I know little of him.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Rowe could be had late 2nd to middle 3rd+-....yes?
Agholer at 20 seems high. I like him but our needs are greater at DB & OL, IMO
Anderson is an interesting prospect and while I have been a Za"darius Smith fan I could be convinced that Anderson is the better prospect.
Glowinski is a project player but is athletic enough.
Petty......not really sure about any of the QB's in this draft not named Mariotta.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have prefaced this with "how I see things possibly shaking out". My "personal" mock would be a little different. As much as I like Agholor, I wouldn't take him in Rd 1 ... I personally would target Rd 2 for receiver; maybe a Tyler Lockett. But Chip has basically courted Agholor and considering he has zero shot to be there in Rd 2, I have to believe there's a very good chance he's our Rd 1 pick. My preference in Rd 1 is CB Kevin Johnson, Marcus Peters or Jalen Collins ... in that order. I would still take Rowe at 47 in the trade up at start him at FS. I would skip QB altogether, but I believe there's a good chance Chip takes a QB in this draft.

So my personal preference first 3 picks would be:
Rd 1: Kevin Johnson CB
Rd 2 (via trade up at 47) Rowe for the FS role
Rd 3: Tyler Lockett WR

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it overall but I think Shaq Riddick is probably a guy who could be had later.

I would prefer to take more corners, receivers and OL than this draft. We have good depth at DL for example, and they drafted Taylor Hart last year who hardly played. I doubt they take another 3-4 end, unless they trade Cox.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade back to get Agholor, and a high 2nd pick.

However, I think if Byron Jones is there @ #20, he'll be the pick. And then he'll pick the best Wr avail.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got you now Rey. I think you're usually good at this and much prefer your three there.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its simple math really. There are about 5 really good DBs and about 9 really good WRs. One or more of the WRs will slip to pick 52, but the DBs won't.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its simple math really. There are about 5 really good DBs and about 9 really good WRs. One or more of the WRs will slip to pick 52, but the DBs won't.

Agree ... 5 Corners (Waynes, Peters, KJ, J Collins and B Jones) with Rowe being a potential Corner, but possibly better pro Safety. At WR I think it's 12 deep for guys being worth a 1st or 2nd and I can't see 12 WR's being taken before our 2nd round pick. I see at most 6 going in Rd 1 (Cooper, White, Parker, Perriman, DGB, Agholor) ... no way in hell do 6 more go be4 our pick in Rd 2 (Strong, Dorsett, D Smith, Coates, Funchess and Lockett). I still have the feeling that Chip goes Agholor in Rd 1 though to fill Maclin's shoes. I think Chip puts way more emphasis on guys who fit his system than overall talent/value at the slots.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree ... 5 Corners (Waynes, Peters, KJ, J Collins and B Jones) with Rowe being a potential Corner, but possibly better pro Safety. At WR I think it's 12 deep for guys being worth a 1st or 2nd and I can't see 12 WR's being taken before our 2nd round pick. I see at most 6 going in Rd 1 (Cooper, White, Parker, Perriman, DGB, Agholor) ... no way in hell do 6 more go be4 our pick in Rd 2 (Strong, Dorsett, D Smith, Coates, Funchess and Lockett). I still have the feeling that Chip goes Agholor in Rd 1 though to fill Maclin's shoes. I think Chip puts way more emphasis on guys who fit his system than overall talent/value at the slots.

To me its imperative that they come out of the draft with one of the 6 corners. And with Jones and Rowe also being Safety capable, it would be even better to end up with 2 of the 6. With that in mind, the first pick almost has to be a corner as those guys are really unlikely to last far into the 2nd.

In my running of the simulator though, there is almost always a really good WR still sitting there in the 2nd. Often a guy like Agholor that is rated in the 30s will slip simply because how many teams actually want to spend a one or a two (or even a one and a two) on a WR?

As you mocked here though, a trade up or back can put you into the sweet spot to pick up one of those corners. Still, there is no reason to spend the first on a WR.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to come out of this draft with Byron Jones, Agholor, and Rowe. It's up to Chip to get it done.

So, here's my plan to get this done. Chip needs a trading partner about 6-8 spots later, to get Jones, Agholor, and Rowe. If that's accomplished, I am more than happy. that gives him many picks to get 2 OL, and a QB (probably Fajardo). :2cents:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Agholor and Rowe have very good chances of being Eagles come draft day.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Agholor and Rowe have very good chances of being Eagles come draft day.

You'd better be right. I'm counting on it!

Then again, we think that Chip's got some tricks up his sleeve.