• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex Ryan is Buffalo's Next Head Coach

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of years of bad coaching hired this is probably the worst one. Good thing we have ouour pick in 16 because it is going to be right near the top.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Schwartz

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Buffalo suffered enough already? Four straight SB loses, owners death, all that snow and cold. Bills must enjoy pain.
...pats fans ....."embrace-it"......!,........5 more years of AFC-East/dominance.....!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of years of bad coaching hired this is probably the worst one. Good thing we have ouour pick in 16 because it is going to be right near the top.
....but......but......Davey......just think of all those press conferences he's gonna "belch-out" at ya's,....promising this-n-that,......"not gonna kiss B.B.'s rings"......."i guarantee ya this and that"....etc.,.....etc.,......etc.,.......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't the Bills stick with someone for more than one season? Manuel got the ax really quickly and didn't their coach just got hired last year? and they had their first winning season and they fire the coach... head scratcher

Superirish25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good hire, Bears did not even interview him

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources are saying a 5 year deal is done, Greg Roman or Marc Trestman are expected to come as the OC

an incredible mistake by a rookie owner who thinks he needs to make a "statement" type hire. This is going to be a costly lesson for this guy as he will see his little hobby take an enormous step backwards in the next 12 months and beyond.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....but......but......Davey......just think of all those press conferences he's gonna "belch-out" at ya's,....promising this-n-that,......"not gonna kiss B.B.'s rings"......."i guarantee ya this and that"....etc.,.....etc.,......etc.,.......

Well at least as bills fans we should be use to the last place we are going to be in.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't the Bills stick with someone for more than one season? Manuel got the ax really quickly and didn't their coach just got hired last year? and they had their first winning season and they fire the coach... head scratcher

He wasn't fired he had an opt out in his contract if the team was sold and he took it and Maronne was the coach for 2 years

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised he took the Bills job.

Having a hole at QB is what did him in with the Jets. He must not have gotten any positive vibes from Atlanta, San Fran. If he hopes to be successful he better find a QB coach and a veteran to bridge the gap until a rookie develops.

Actually he should've gotten very good vibes from ATL. (5 hr interview) but I think Blank made it clear that he was going to let the process run it's course (i.e. interview all the candidates first) before making a hire.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan next Coach for Buffalo

"The Buffalo Bills have officially announced they've hired Rex Ryan to take over as coach.
The announcement was made in a release issued by the team Monday, a day after the former New York Jets coach accepted the Bills contract offer. Ryan replaces Doug Marrone, who stepped down abruptly on Dec. 31.

In a Sunday, Dec. 28, 2014 file photo, New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan listens to a questions during a news conference following an NFL football game against the Miami Dolphins, in Miami Gardens, Fla. The Buffalo…
A person familiar with discussions tells The Associated…
Bills owner Terry Pegula credited Ryan for bringing ''a well of experience and enthusiasm,'' in a statement released by the team.
Ryan had a 50-52 record, including 4-2 in the playoffs, in six seasons coaching the Bills' AFC East rival. He was fired along with general manager John Idzik following a 4-12 finish last season.
The Bills interviewed 12 candidates for the position before identifying Ryan as a finalist on Saturday."

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have already decided this was a terrible hire. We should start the who will the Bills hire in 3 years when they fire Rex Ryan thread

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have already decided this was a terrible hire. We should start the who will the Bills hire in 3 years when they fire Rex Ryan thread

ok ... didn't see it ...

obviously, I need to spend more working hours on the hoop ...

damn jobs keep getting in the way ...

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok ... didn't see it ...

obviously, I need to spend more working hours on the hoop ...

damn jobs keep getting in the way ...

Well since he is now the official coach and yesterday if was just a report technically you haven't doubled up.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rex is a terrible coach personally (good motivator but bad X's & O's guy). He did well with the Jet's originally because the NFL was so stinking bad at the time and other NFL coaches are just as dumb as Rex.

....that said it actually might work with Buffalo right out of the gate. Their defense, already very good, might do really well with his uber-aggressive style of play calling. And they have the potential to have one of the best running games in the NFL if they can keep their RB corp healthy. And the NFL is still just as dumb as its ever been.

He certainly has more talent with the Bill's now than anything he had since year 2 with the Jet's.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real loser in all of this is Marrone. If he doesn't get the jets job. You really just walked out of 1 of 32 nfl jobs? really? really? really....

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real loser in all of this is Marrone. If he doesn't get the jets job. You really just walked out of 1 of 32 nfl jobs? really? really? really....

Well he did get out at a time when Buffalo has no QB so maybe not such a bad idea. If he goes 6-10 next year, he is fired and maybe never gets offered another job. As it is now, he left a team that was 9-7 and certainly improving under his watch. He'll get his chance again I would guess (assuming there isn't more to the story of him exiting Buffalo that we don't know that NFL teams would know).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If I'm an owner, I'd prefer a guy who doesn't quit because his bottom third of the league offense doesn't get an extension.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rex was a good pickup. He's a players coach that gets the most out of his players and he'll have great defensive pieces this year. The Bills fit his style of coaching really well right now and they get a decent draft order to pickup some more pieces.

Rex was given NOTHING in NY to work with and the Jets have been one of the worst run franchises in NFL (owner/GM wise) in history. They certainly weren't good when Rex was there. Traded away all their talent in the secondary, gave him zero things to work with on offense (Mark Sanchez, QB Dog Killer, Geno Smith, and aging Brett Favre? WTF is that lineup all about).

I'm partial to the Bills a bit (just like their history) and I was all for this move.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent draft order? Perhaps you're unaware of our 1st round pick belonging to Cleveland?