• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex Burkhead Today

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 for 69 yds (4.3), 1 TD

The numbers don't do the guy justice.

I know I've been hard on the guy about being a north/south fullback, but he earned a ton of respect out of me this afternoon.

He got a few of YAC first downs that Abdullah wouldn't have probably gotten. Rex had 4/5 guys hanging all over him and he'd get another 5 yds.

Reminded me of Rick Berns out there. Jeff Kinney also comes to mind.

The last Husker running back I've seen put the game in his hands like that was Lawrence Phillips against K. State in 94' when NU was down to Turman starting at QB. LP w/a broken thumb ran 31 times for 117 tough yards between the tackles. 1 TD

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex might be getting a natty

Rex met with Atlanta and New England......

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex might be getting a natty

Rex met with Atlanta and New England......

So he can get buried in the depth chart? Why not start a new thread or put this in the Huskers in the NFL thread

San Diego is ideal. He could easily overtake Melvin Gordon who is trash and only got a pass last year because of all the goal line TD's that 60 other backs in the league could have gone for 6 on.

Still can't believe we passed on Abdullah for the epic bust that is Gordon.

Only thing holding Abdullah back has been staying healthy. He could be a top 10 back. I feel the same about Burkhead. He's a bigger Danny Woodhead, so I'd be sad if they released him from SD to make room.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he can get buried in the depth chart? Why not start a new thread or put this in the Huskers in the NFL thread

San Diego is ideal. He could easily overtake Melvin Gordon who is trash and only got a pass last year because of all the goal line TD's that 60 other backs in the league could have gone for 6 on.

Still can't believe we passed on Abdullah for the epic bust that is Gordon.

Only thing holding Abdullah back has been staying healthy. He could be a top 10 back. I feel the same about Burkhead. He's a bigger Danny Woodhead, so I'd be sad if they released him from SD to make room.

Gordon was gold in FF tho

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon was gold in FF tho

Like I said there are 60 backs in the league that could have done what he did. He was just an opportunist in a pass heavy potent offense.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new offense SD has is going to demand a much higher workload and might ask him to be the feature back for extended periods.

That's when I'll be doing a lot of cussing at the TV and throwing lamps, because he fucking sucks. He's a one dimensional dollar store Adrian Peterson.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a SD for so long and getting spoiled with LT, I don't take spending two draft picks to move up and grab Gordon lightly unlike some people still drinking the Kool Aid on him.

If you spend that much, he better be a franchise player, and that he will never be.

His numbers were inflated by a run heavy O with an OL that sent multiple guys to the NFL including a pro bowler.

My opinion has literally nothing to do with where he played. He's an overpaid, one trick pony, fumble machine who can't stay healthy.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a SD for so long and getting spoiled with LT, I don't take spending two draft picks to move up and grab Gordon lightly unlike some people still drinking the Kool Aid on him.

If you spend that much, he better be a franchise player, and that he will never be.

His numbers were inflated by a run heavy O with an OL that sent multiple guys to the NFL including a pro bowler.

My opinion has literally nothing to do with where he played. He's an overpaid, one trick pony, fumble machine who can't stay healthy.

funny part is that Houston is still bitching about that because they had Gordon's name written down to be drafted before that trade.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom. I hope he gets a legit chance to see the field besides special teams

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the kind of player Bill likes, I would see him getting a solid look at and chance to play. Bad part of that is having to watch the Pats, they are America's most hated team. :billb: